Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Is This The Best The "Art Of The Deal" Maker Can Do?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is This The Best The "Art Of The Deal" Maker Can Do? (Read 518 times)
Luther
LNF Party Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Is This The Best The "Art Of The Deal" Maker Can Do?
Oct 13th, 2017 at 6:39am
Print Post  
What a great leader Roll Eyes

Quote:

President Donald Trump is expected on Friday to refuse to certify that the multinational accord to curb Iran's nuclear program sufficiently serves U.S. interests, though he will stop short of abandoning it, according to two senior administration officials.

Trump will make the declaration in a speech where he will outline a broader Iran policy aimed at curtailing what the administration sees as the Islamic Republic's malign behavior in the Middle East — including its sponsorship of terrorism, the officials said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/trump-disavow-iran-nuclear/2017/10/13/id/819437...

What happened to getting everyone in the room and "grab them, hug them and kiss them" to  get the "deal" you want? Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2017 at 6:46am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Is This The Best The "Art Of The Deal" Maker Can Do?
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 6:49am
Print Post  
President Trump didn't make the Iran deal,  President obummer did.  Now President Trump is trying to make it better for the U.S.  Pay attention to the following paragraphs in the article.

Quote:
Once Trump decertifies that the deal is in the interests of the U.S., Congress will have 60 days to introduce legislation reimposing the sanctions on Iran that were eased under the agreement — a move that would be likely to kill the accord.

But Trump is expected to ask Congress to hold off sanctioning Iran for now and instead amend the law, the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act, according to the officials, who asked not to be identified ahead of Trump's speech. He will ask that Congress set benchmarks for Iranian action, for example by imposing new restrictions on its ballistic missile program.

The administration also wants Congress to target so-called sunset provisions in the nuclear agreement that ease restrictions on Iranian uranium enrichment in coming years.
Trump's argument will focus on a line in the legislation that asks him to certify that lifting sanctions is "appropriate and proportionate" to Iran's moves to end its nuclear program. He will argue that Iran is getting far more than it's giving up under the deal, according to the people.

He's trying to make a better deal.  We'll see if the Republican legislators will help him out with this one.

The original deal sucks, but President Trump didn't make it.  He got stuck with it.  He has to repair a dem bad deal.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:02am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 6:49am:
President Trump didn't make the Iran deal,  President obummer did.  Now President Trump is trying to make it better for the U.S.  Pay attention to the following paragraphs in the article.

He's trying to make a better deal.  We'll see if the Republican legislators will help him out with this one.

The original deal sucks, but President Trump didn't make it.  He got stuck with it.  He has to repair a dem bad deal.

Quote:
President Trump didn't make the Iran deal,  President obummer did

Yes but Crepe, Obama, is NOT the author of the "Art of the deal" Grin
Quote:
Now President Trump is trying to make it better for the U.S

No Crepe, Trump is like a Football team that's on 4th down and inches. He's just punting the ball to play it SAFE 

He's not grabbing, hugging and kissing the congress critters to get the deal done. The deal he wants.

Long story short, Trump is just full of chit

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:02am:
Yes but Crepe, Obama, is NOT the author of the "Art of the deal" Grin

No Crepe, Trump is like a Football team that's on 4th down and inches. He's just punting the ball to play it SAFE 

He's not grabbing, hugging and kissing the congress critters to get the deal done. The deal he wants.

Long story short, Trump is just full of chit

Aw, did I hurt your feelings when I put the blame on the man who actually made the deal? 

Chuck and Nancy are not going to work with President Trump on anything.   There are some people who don't understand, or don't want to understand, that the nation benefits if the two parties work together for the betterment  of the nation.  Chuck and Nancy are two of those people, and their party goose-steps right behind them.  When people don't want to work with you to make a deal, then you have to see what you can do without them.  That's what President Trump is doing.

The deal is with Iran and if President Trump doesn't recertify it, then good for him.  It's a terrible deal that he didn't make.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:21am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:16am:
Aw, did I hurt your feelings when I put the blame on the man who actually made the deal? 

Chuck and Nancy are not going to work with President Trump on anything.   There are some people who don't understand, or don't want to understand, that the nation benefits if the two parties work together for the betterment  of the nation.  Chuck and Nancy are two of those people, and their party goose-steps right behind them.  When people don't want to work with you to make a deal, then you have to see what you can do without them.  That's what President Trump is doing.

The deal is with Iran and if President Trump doesn't recertify it, then good for him.  It's a terrible deal that he didn't make.

Quote:
did I hurt your feelings

Nope

Quote:
Chuck and Nancy are not going to work with President Trump on anything.

No crepe, don't get a way from the master "deal" maker Trump(focus)

Trump has said He's always gotten along with Pelosi and Schumer before he was elected. Did you catch that Crepe? BEFORE he was elected Grin

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Relationship-Nancy-Pelosi-Harry-Reid/2016/...

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Got it!  You really don't need to yell.  People usually do that when they're angry.  Yippee!  My job is almost done for the morning.   Wink   Grin

If a person refuses to work with you just because, then you have to work around that.  You don't quit, and President Trump (Lordy, that's a beautiful moniker) isn't going to quit.  I believe that he'll get a lot of what he wants in the end.  He's been POTUS for about 8 3/4 months.  Let's see how things work out over the long haul, shall we?

Heck, obummer, the candidate said that he was going to be a uniter.  Boy, that was a crock.  The nation is more divided than I've seen it in a long time, like during the Viet Nam war.  Things were really nasty, then.

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 9:30am
Print Post  

You know, maybe if neocons would butt out of the middle east the Iranians wouldn't feel the need to develop nukes to protect themselves.

Trump is following the same dumbass, failed path of the neo-cons.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:18am
Print Post  

He's trying to make a better deal.  We'll see if the Republican legislators will help him out with this one..

This compromise was forced on him by his aides - Mattis, Tillerson, McMaster, etc. - according to reports. This isn't something Trump really wanted, but the Iran hawks, like Sen. Cotton, also like this compromise.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:31am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:39am:
Got it!  You really don't need to yell.  People usually do that when they're angry.  Yippee!  My job is almost done for the morning.   Wink   Grin

If a person refuses to work with you just because, then you have to work around that.  You don't quit, and President Trump (Lordy, that's a beautiful moniker) isn't going to quit.  I believe that he'll get a lot of what he wants in the end.  He's been POTUS for about 8 3/4 months.  Let's see how things work out over the long haul, shall we?

Heck, obummer, the candidate said that he was going to be a uniter.  Boy, that was a crock.  The nation is more divided than I've seen it in a long time, like during the Viet Nam war.  Things were really nasty, then.

Well, I was there, too, and I don't remember it quite like you seem to.  Or maybe I misunderstand your post.  The nation was certainly divided during the Viet Nam years, mostly because of that stupid war but partly because of the civil rights movement, too.  (And the civil rights movement was a step in the right direction.)  I don't think it has been as divided since then, even up to now, but I do think it's more divided now than it was at any time during Obama's eight years.  The Republican Party is even divided!

But this has always been a divided nation.  Except during times like WWII when a clear existential threat existed, division is the norm.  This nation wasn't really united during the revolution, even.  Or the War of 1812.  And not only was the nation divided 1861-1865, each side of that division was divided.

Seems to me the Donald thrives on division.  He has an "us against them" mindset in everything he does, and believes that everything is a zero sum game.  There is no such thing as "win-win."  For him to consider himself a winner, the other side has to consider itself a loser or he (the Donald) didn't win by a big enough margin, which makes him (the Donald) the worst thing in the world - a loser. 

I read somewhere that Ivana, the "real first lady"  Grin says Der Fuhrer didn't want to name their son Donald Jr. for fear that son, if he turned out to be a "loser," would taint the glory of Senior.  Maybe fake news, but it has a ring of truth to it.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Nazi Hunter B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #9 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 11:21am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:39am:

He's been POTUS for about 8 3/4 months.  Let's see how things work out over the long haul, shall we?

Grin

In other words, he's gotten less done in his time in office than any other president in history, we'll need to give him more time, like another three years in hopes of pointing to an actual success.

Grin

I don't hate you Creepy, I just fear your ignorance.

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Is This The Best The "Art Of The Deal" Maker Can Do?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog