Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Scientists say universe shouldn’t exist
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Scientists say universe shouldn’t exist (Read 377 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Scientists say universe shouldn’t exist
Reply #10 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 29th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
OR, you put very little effort explaining your theory of where life came from.

Early life evolved from inanimate matter, the same way it later evolved toward more complex organisms. The whole process took about three and a half billion of years. An awfully long time to "design" it. Your "god" could be the laziest being that ever "existed".

We're close to understanding DNA coding well enough to actually design new species and we've only been at it for a couple of decades!!!

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Cranberry Sass
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Reply #11 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 29th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
OR, you put very little effort explaining your theory of where life came from.

LMAO.. Trying to explain sciencey stuff to you would be like trying to teach algebra to a goldfish. 

You are programmed to reject reality. It takes a great deal of energy for you to do so.  I truly wish I could help you but it's a trap that you must first want to escape.

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2017 at 2:01pm by Cranberry Sass »  

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Cranberry Sass wrote on Oct 29th, 2017 at 1:34pm:
LMAO.. Trying to explain sciencey stuff to you would be like trying to teach algebra to a goldfish. 

You are programmed to reject reality. It takes a great deal of energy for you to doing so.  I truly wish I could help you but it's a trap that you must first want to escape.

Others like Rick have tried to teach him many things with great patience, to absolutely no avail!

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Cranberry Sass
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Reply #13 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Oct 29th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
Others like Rick have tried to teach him many things with great patience, to absolutely no avail!

His willful ignorance is unfortunately common.  The perversion of religion a powerful destructive force. 

If experience with others afflicted with fundamentalist religion is any indication there's nothing can be done to fix him.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #14 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Cranberry Sass wrote on Oct 29th, 2017 at 1:34pm:

You are programmed to reject reality. It takes a great deal of energy for you to do so.  I truly wish I could help you but it's a trap that you must first want to escape.

No, unlike you I have realized that science does not have all the answers as you were brainwashed to believe.  Evolution is considered a theory, because it has not been proven or replicated.  That is a concept that atheist tend to forget.  You spend an enormous amount of effort trying to convince yourself there is no God.  I use to believe the story that out of nothing life emerged and through a series of accidents we and all other species are here.  In the end it does not work, just too many holes in their theory of life, but for you and others, it is not about science but about proving there is no God.  That is all this argument is about.  FYI, I was not a life long Christian, fairly new convert.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Cranberry Sass
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Reply #15 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 29th, 2017 at 4:04pm:
No, unlike you I have realized that science does not have all the answers as you were brainwashed to believe.  

No one has ever said that 'science' has all the answers.  BUT.. if answers are to be found, it will be through the scientific method and not by claiming to believe in myths.

Evolution is considered a theory, because it has not been proven or replicated.  That is a concept that atheist tend to forget. 

Gravity is a theory too . Why would I forget either of those?

You spend an enormous amount of effort trying to convince yourself there is no God.

Of course .. I spend just as much time convincing myself that leprechauns don't exist.

FYI, I was not a life long Christian, fairly new convert. 

I would have said so. 

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2017 at 5:11pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Cranberry Sass wrote on Oct 29th, 2017 at 4:29pm:
No one has ever said that 'science' has all the answers.  BUT.. if answers are to be found, it will be through the scientific method and not by claiming to believe in myths.

Gravity is a theory too . Why would I forget either of those?

Of course .. I spend just as much time convincing myself that leprechauns don't exist.

I would have said so. 

We will learn eventually one way or the other.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
If you want a conversation, then I ask that you leave out insults, that is a childish action of someone who is not very secure in their argument.

IP Logged

Cranberry Sass
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Reply #18 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Oct 29th, 2017 at 5:15pm:
If you want a conversation, then I ask that you leave out insults, that is a childish action of someone who is not very secure in their argument.

I haven't insulted you any more than you've insulted me.  In fact I thought we were rather civil. 

I hope I haven't violated your safe zone.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Oct 29th, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
No, unlike you I have realized that science does not have all the answers as you were brainwashed to believe.  Evolution is considered a theory, because it has not been proven or replicated.  That is a concept that atheist tend to forget.  You spend an enormous amount of effort trying to convince yourself there is no God.  I use to believe the story that out of nothing life emerged and through a series of accidents we and all other species are here.  In the end it does not work, just too many holes in their theory of life, but for you and others, it is not about science but about proving there is no God.  That is all this argument is about.  FYI, I was not a life long Christian, fairly new convert. 

You speak as if you knew anything about science, when your every word betrays your complete wilful ignorance. You're like a blind man daring sighted people to prove that colors exist. Evolution, quantum mechanics, event horizon, plank time, are only words to you, empty of significance and that's why it's so easy for you to ignore them.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Scientists say universe shouldn’t exist

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog