Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The ‘If True’ Cowardice
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The ‘If True’ Cowardice (Read 384 times)
Vypr
LNF Representative2

The ‘If True’ Cowardice
Nov 10th, 2017 at 10:47am
Print Post  
The ‘If True’ Cowardice

She was 14 years old at the time. Roy Moore was a 32-year-old prosecutor. He took her to his home in the woods, the woman says, removed both her clothes and his and then molested her.

The Washington Post’s story about Moore — centered around that allegation — is detailed and persuasive. It included named sources, corroborating evidence and multiple disturbing incidents.

After the story’s publication yesterday, the most common reaction from other Republicans was a conditional condemnation that revolved around the words “if true.” A spokeswoman for Vice President Mike Pence said, “If true, this would disqualify anyone from serving in office.” Mitch McConnell’s statement was similar.

It’s a wholly insufficient response.

I understand why senators might make their immediate response conditional. Maybe they didn’t yet read the story. But once you have read the story, there is only one decent response: Moore, the Republican nominee to become Alabama’s next senator, needs to quit the race immediately.

The “if true” response wrongly suggests that there will be some final reckoning of facts to remove any doubt about what Moore did. But there won’t be. He will likely continue denying the allegations, and people will have to choose between The Post’s reams of evidence and Moore’s lack of it.

FULL:
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/opinion/roy-moore-republicans.html?_r=0&re...

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Re: The ‘If True’ Cowardice
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 10:49am
Print Post  
We have threads on this. One of which has over 100 replies.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 10:53am
Print Post  
The FAKE NEWS has become so mainstream that it is very difficult to know what accusations are possibly true and what one's are total fabrications designed to smear one's political opponents.

The True Cowardice seems to be those who fail to call out their own politicians and media sources for polluting the political atmosphere with accusations which prove to be made up lies.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama Hillary Lynch and
James Comey for prison

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 11:41am
Print Post  
The perfect solution to all this is if someone is accused of sexual harassment or rape if found to be true they go to prison if found not guilty the accuser or accusers go to prison. Personally I believe a lot of this is a new ploy by the Democrats to steal elections.Democrats once a crook always a crook

Liberalism The incurable disease.

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Are you saying Moore is guilty until prove innocent, Vypr?

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 10:49am:
We have threads on this. One of which has over 100 replies.

That one has been hijacked, though.  Of course, it would have been just as easy to unhijack it with the OP as it was to start a new thread.

I wouldn't call it "cowardice," but I think a better response would have been "These are disturbing allegations, but that's all they are right now.  He's still on the ballot and the voters can decide how much credence to give to them.  If he's elected, I'll work with him to Make America Great Again."

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 11:58am:
That one has been hijacked, though.  Of course, it would have been just as easy to unhijack it with the OP as it was to start a new thread.

I wouldn't call it "cowardice," but I think a better response would have been "These are disturbing allegations, but that's all they are right now.  He's still on the ballot and the voters can decide how much credence to give to them.  If he's elected, I'll work with him to Make America Great Again." 

You really need to get a life, piggy.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 11:41am:
The perfect solution to all this is if someone is accused of sexual harassment or rape if found to be true they go to prison if found not guilty the accuser or accusers go to prison. Personally I believe a lot of this is a new ploy by the Democrats to steal elections.Democrats once a crook always a crook

Well, the accused does have the ability to sue for defamation of character, libel, slander, whatever.  I am not saying it's proof of guilt if the accused decides not to do it, but it does make one wonder about guilt if the accused promises to sue and then doesn't follow up on it.  But Roy didn't promise to do that.  He just says it ain't so.  And the presumption of innocence is controlling in legal actions.  Not so much in personal opinion, though.  And politics is, and always has been, a dirty business.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
You really need to get a life, piggy.

Said the guy who has had 25 posts on this forum in less than one hour.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 12:05pm:
Said the guy who has had 25 posts on this forum in less than one hour.

I actually posses a brain capable of thought, and do not have to reduce myself to such as that Hillary thing you post 100 times a day.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The ‘If True’ Cowardice

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog