Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The ‘If True’ Cowardice
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The ‘If True’ Cowardice (Read 381 times)
robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Re: The ‘If True’ Cowardice
Reply #30 - Nov 11th, 2017 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 11:53am:
Are you saying Moore is guilty until prove innocent, Vypr?

Sounds like he is.  That's a problem with all the fervor over sexual harassment, an accusation is automatically accepted as being true, proof or not.

Yes, sexual assault and harassment should be punished, but proof is necessary. 

&&

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #31 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 11:58am:
But... but... she was innocent and never proven guilty of anything... 

Never... Didn't she deserve a fair shake?

Greg

Are you saying that she didn't get a fair shake?  If so, you've got to be kidding.  What she didn't do was try to get votes in the midwest, and they didn't vote for her in the electoral college.  Looser!

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #32 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 10:47am:
The ‘If True’ Cowardice

She was 14 years old at the time. Roy Moore was a 32-year-old prosecutor. He took her to his home in the woods, the woman says, removed both her clothes and his and then molested her.

The Washington Post’s story about Moore — centered around that allegation — is detailed and persuasive. It included named sources, corroborating evidence and multiple disturbing incidents.

After the story’s publication yesterday, the most common reaction from other Republicans was a conditional condemnation that revolved around the words “if true.” A spokeswoman for Vice President Mike Pence said, “If true, this would disqualify anyone from serving in office.” Mitch McConnell’s statement was similar.

It’s a wholly insufficient response.

I understand why senators might make their immediate response conditional. Maybe they didn’t yet read the story. But once you have read the story, there is only one decent response: Moore, the Republican nominee to become Alabama’s next senator, needs to quit the race immediately.

The “if true” response wrongly suggests that there will be some final reckoning of facts to remove any doubt about what Moore did. But there won’t be. He will likely continue denying the allegations, and people will have to choose between The Post’s reams of evidence and Moore’s lack of it.

FULL:
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/opinion/roy-moore-republicans.html?_r=0&re...

This article is cowardice.

The idea that you would so fear any challenge to an accusation that you would completely ignore truth in favor of blind acceptance of said allegation is cowardly and dangerous.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 10:54am:
Let's see now.  Benghazi.  Clinton email.  Birth certificate. 

Greg

Greg, under Obama, none of it was investigated. There was proof of Hillary’s emails, and nothing was done about it. It was pushed under the rug, shhhhhhh.
And Benghazi too. How many soldiers came forward telling us they were told to stand down?
You only see what you want to see.
Without the facts and proof, Hillary was able to run for president. Do you really believe she is innocent? Or just clever? How many of you wonder one way or the other?
Smiley

Freedom&&&&

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 12:16am
Print Post  
And I am not sticking up for this guy. If he did what he is accused of he deserves not to be elected. And where were the fathers of these girls? If it were my daughter, or yours, what would you do? I know what I would have done. And my daughters knew they could count on me. Even today and they are grown up. The oldest one is armed. And she and her middle sister are no one to fool with. They all know karate, and the youngest one carries mace. Then they have their brother, the oldest. Oh oh, I remember when in 8th grade, someone getting rough with his sister on the way home from school, and he threw him off an 8 foot high wall. Like father, like son. Lucky the kid wasn’t seriously injured. I didn’t get sued. And again I had to go to the school one time. He put another one in the locker where the kids were supposed to put their coats in the winter.

Smiley

Freedom&&&&

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #35 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 3:16pm
Print Post  

so many anecdotes so little time  Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The ‘If True’ Cowardice

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog