Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Have we ever been this close to world peace before?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Have we ever been this close to world peace before? (Read 2,849 times)
Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Re: Have we ever been this close to world peace before?
Reply #90 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
Well.  First of all, the idea that we're close to world peace or that it's even something that can be measured should be your first clue this was a trolling thread.

How exactly would you measure "close to world peace?"  What the hell even is world peace?  Is it world peace if we're at peace but there are 18 rival nations in Africa duking it out?  Is the world at peace if Syria is a cesspool of war, chaos and destruction?

Second indicator should have been the "What the crappity smack is going on?" question I asked in the OP.

The fact that Trump detractors are so easy to rile up and far more fun to troll than Trump supporters isn't my fault. 

You're full of shit. You try to have it both ways here just like your other threads. Every now and again you post how you think Trump is a terrible human and a disaster then you go right back to defending him, attacking his detractors, or (more commonly) muddying the waters as much as you can on everything Trump. You drop the occasional "I'm opposed to that asshole Trump" comment while generally supporting him.

Here, in this thread, you posted a serious attempt to insinuate Trump's foreign policy is advancing world peace. When the ridiculousness of that is pointed out you say "Oh my, you are so silly this was just a trolling thread! It's a parody!". But then you go on to argue to validity of your supporting points anyway. Your thread wasn't a troll. It should be taken at face value. You are a Trump supporter, which under normal circumstances wouldn't warrant a raised eyebrow, but you pretend to not be and it is so painfully obvious. 

Quote:
What do you think about the developments in North Korea?  At the time I wrote this they were expressing confusion and dismay and reaching out through back channels to ask "Is Trump serious?"   You gotta admit, the meeting is pretty historic.  Whether you can admit it or not (your Trump detractor status (TDS) tends to get in the way) ... if the meeting actually goes through it's an historic step.  Is it worth waiting to see if there's any positive development?  Or should we just pass judgment now?  What would Jesus do?

YOU, Queshank already passed judgement. Trump must be bringing that good old "world peace". Kim or Kim's father lied every time they claimed to do something positive/constructive in order to buy time and become well enough armed that they effectively cannot be touched. Every. Single. Time. President after President fell for the nonsense (perhaps knowingly and willingly, but they did). They have advanced their technology rapidly this last year. They are buying time. The guy executes his enemies with anti-aircraft guns and by feeding them alive to dogs. Maybe my Trust-o-meter is broken on the "no trust" setting? Or maybe your sophistry generator is broken and permanently set on the "spew maximum bullshit" setting? Giving Trump credit for anything NK is silly at best, simply stupid at worst. Trump has up to this point accomplished nothing on NK. There is no reason to think they will behave differently. In fact, they actually have the ability to nuke Seoul and Tokyo and by some estimates the US West Coast already. They have a position of relative strength. You think they will suddenly capitulate and give that up?

Quote:
And I get that you think China is full of shit. 

No, they ARE full of shit.

Quote:
But what I was highlighting in this thread is they haven't been talking this kind of talk in the past.  Their rhetoric is new.  And they're still spouting that rhetoric. 

Again, you speak nonsense. They spouted all these same talking points in their effort to get into the WTO. Complete bullshit then, complete bullshit now. There is nothing new under the sun. I actually SUPPORT Trump's crack-down on China. You pointed to China's anti-protectionist stance under Xi in your OP as a supporting point in favor of "peace". Except China is totally protectionist. They shred western businesses that try to set up there and take the IP. That's been their agenda for the last 20 years.

Quote:
Then there's Tony Blair's comments. 

Wait, the same Tony Blair that supported the Iraq invasion that killed hundreds of thousands? Weren't you just making the case that this was immoral? Isn't Blair a pillar of Middle East genocide per your earlier bit in the morality thread?

Quote:
I mean I get that you're omniscient and that you're definitely more knowledgeable on the subject than the former prime minister of England who served as a mediator in the Middle East for 8 years. 
Really? And what's he accomplished? Nothing. Here's a nice ode-to-Blair article on his term:
Quote:
Good riddance, Tony Blair – you’ve been tolerated as Middle East envoy for too long

Blair’s stint as the Quartet’s representative has been a tragic waste, focused more on business than on peace between Palestinians and Israelis

For years, it’s been clear that Blair in the Middle East is at best a passenger and at worst a liability.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/16/tony-blair-middle-east-env...

Quote:
But I really don't have any kind of "Will Vypr Approve?" test for the things I find interesting.  I hope you'll forgive me and we can work past this.

What "approval"? This thread was idiotic. Another strange Trump praise attempt gone weird.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #91 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:40pm:
You're full of shit. You try to have it both ways here just like your other threads.

Here, in this thread, you posted a serious attempt to insinuate Trump's foreign policy is advancing world peace. When the ridiculousness of that is pointed out you say "Oh my, you are so silly this was just a trolling thread! It's a parody!". But then you go on to argue to validity of your supporting points anyway. Your thread wasn't a troll. It should be taken at face value. You are a Trump supporter, which under normal circumstances wouldn't warrant a raised eyebrow, but you pretend to not be and it is so painfully obvious. 

LOL.  I pointed out the trolling nature of the question.  Then said "On that note."  I honestly thought it was too much of a giveaway.  Guess not.

You know why I like trolling the left these days Vypr?

Because they think they're so crappity smacking smart.  Yet they're just as easy to troll as the right always was.

Hey you should put those forum search skills to good use and dredge up the time I trolled the right by suggesting the Daily Show was Pulitzer prize winning reporting.  Those were good times.

Quote:
YOU, Queshank already passed judgement. Trump must be bringing that good old "world peace". Kim or Kim's father lied every time they claimed to do something positive/constructive in order to buy time and become well enough armed that they effectively cannot be touched. Every. Single. Time. President after President fell for the nonsense (perhaps knowingly and willingly, but they did). They have advanced their technology rapidly this last year. They are buying time. The guy executes his enemies with anti-aircraft guns and by feeding them alive to dogs. Maybe my Trust-o-meter is broken on the "no trust" setting? Or maybe your sophistry generator is broken and permanently set on the "spew maximum bullshit" setting? Giving Trump credit for anything NK is silly at best, simply stupid at worst. Trump has up to this point accomplished nothing on NK. There is no reason to think they will behave differently. In fact, they actually have the ability to nuke Seoul and Tokyo and by some estimates the US West Coast already. They have a position of relative strength. You think they will suddenly capitulate and give that up?

Okay see this is where your Derangement Syndrome gets so entertaining.  Trump deserves no credit on NK for anything?  You really need to expand your sources of information.

Time magazine Mar 7th, 2018 : It's Time to Give the Trump Administration Some Credit for North Korea Progress

Foreign Policy.com Feb 23, 2018: 5 Myths About Trump’s North Korea Policy - America’s North Korea strategy shouldn’t be a partisan issue, but that hasn't stopped critics from distorting the problem.

CNBC Mar 9, 2018:  Trump's tough words and progress with China got North Korea to talk: Advisor to Bush and Clinton

Your TDS prevents you from seeing the picture clearly.  On this one, Trump does deserve some credit.  And if it all blows up in his face, he deserves the credit for that too.  The difference between you and I goes beyond partisanship.  The difference is my willingness to wait for facts and your rush to prejudge based on the partisan propaganda you consume with such relish.  Just like a good little right winger under Obama.

Quote:
No, they ARE full of shit.

Again, you speak nonsense. They spouted all these same talking points in their effort to get into the WTO. Complete bullshit then, complete bullshit now.

That was actually more Clinton spouting nonsense about liberalization in China.  But the fact is in order to even join the WTO China massively liberalized their trade policies.  Bill Clinton, wanting to score some "Clinton goes to China" points way oversold it.  China's been a problem ever since. 

Have you noticed we're in the middle of some harsh negotiations with China?  Here again the difference between us is my willingness to wait for facts and your rush to prejudge based on the partisan propaganda you consume with such relish.  Just like a good little right winger under Obama.

Quote:
Wait, the same Tony Blair that supported the Iraq invasion that killed hundreds of thousands? Weren't you just making the case that this was immoral? Isn't Blair a pillar of Middle East genocide per your earlier bit in the morality thread?

What does immoral have to do with being knowledgeable about a subject?  What the hell kind of misfiring synapses do you have to have to even conflate the two?

Quote:
Really? And what's he accomplished? Nothing. Here's a nice ode-to-Blair article on his term:

What "approval"? This thread was idiotic. Another strange Trump praise attempt gone weird.

Hmm. Looks like that guy really doesn't like Tony Blair. 

But I'll reiterate.  I found the most interesting element of Blair's comments being his status as both a Clinton political partner and fellow "Third Way" liberal pragmatist.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Frenchconnection
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #92 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 5:19pm:
I'm not pretending to be a guru of Chinese affairs Vypr.  That's you.

Quit nerdraging.  Or at least quit spitting.  It's unbecoming.  Wipe the drool off your chin.

I'm quoting people like Tony Blair and North Korea's former ambassador to the United Kingdom.

People who don't know near as much about international politics as you I'm sure. 

Queshank

It's amazing to watch the loons.  You can tell when you're telling truth because they get nastier, and angrier... especially with the slave that leaves the plantation and thinks for himself.

Because it's just a clever, pithy saying based on comedy show talking points shortcutting logic and reason and making the issue worse. ~ Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #93 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
WOW!  I just got this news flash on my iPhone!

Who the hell does the Washington Post think it is?

Those god damned Trump supporters.

Trump says U.S. and North Korea have had direct talks at ‘very high levels’

PALM BEACH, Fla. — The United States has had direct talks with North Korea “at very high levels,” President Trump said Tuesday, adding that five locations are under review for his planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Trump also said he has given “my blessing” to planned discussions between South Korea and North Korea about bringing a formal end to the Korean War, as fast-moving diplomatic developments surrounding nuclear-armed North Korea came into view.

“We have had direct talks at very high levels, extremely high levels with North Korea,” the president said.

He did not elaborate, and it was not immediately clear what he meant. The United States has no diplomatic relations with North Korea, but U.S. diplomats have visited and Washington has used several quiet channels to communicate with Pyongyang. Trump appeared to be referring to higher-level contacts, a step that diplomats have been expecting as a crucial run-up to the planned summit between Trump and Kim.

“North Korea is coming along. South Korea is meeting and has plans to meet to see if they can end the war, and they have my blessing on that,” Trump said about word that the two Koreas would discuss a formal end to the war when their leaders meet later this month.

All hail God Emperor Trump.  He is now in the process of ending the 68 year Korean war and bringing us even closer to world peace.  He's given his blessing and for that we should all be grateful.  Even you Vypr.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #94 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 12:25pm:
China is committing to international agreement and cooperation.  President Xi Jinping is on record repeatedly as the leader of a communist nation as standing by free trade and against protectionist policies.

North Korea is confused and unsure what to do.  The entire world is turning against them including even China who has turned a blind eye in the past.

Tony Blair ... a fellow Third Way Clintonite says the Trump administration recognizes a unique opportunity for peace in the Middle East and supports their efforts there.

The world is changing right before our eyes.

What the crappity smack is going on???

Queshank

Grin Huh Roll Eyes

Quote:
NORTH KOREA HAS STARTED TESTING A NUCLEAR REACTOR THAT CAN MAKE WEAPONS-GRADE PLUTONIUM SAY ANALYSTS

http://www.newsweek.com/north-korea-has-started-testing-nuclear-reactor-capable-...
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2018 at 6:03pm by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Reply #95 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 5:34pm:
WOW!  I just got this news flash on my iPhone!

Who the hell does the Washington Post think it is?

Those god damned Trump supporters.

Trump says U.S. and North Korea have had direct talks at ‘very high levels’

PALM BEACH, Fla. — The United States has had direct talks with North Korea “at very high levels,” President Trump said Tuesday, adding that five locations are under review for his planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Trump also said he has given “my blessing” to planned discussions between South Korea and North Korea about bringing a formal end to the Korean War, as fast-moving diplomatic developments surrounding nuclear-armed North Korea came into view.

“We have had direct talks at very high levels, extremely high levels with North Korea,” the president said.

He did not elaborate, and it was not immediately clear what he meant. The United States has no diplomatic relations with North Korea, but U.S. diplomats have visited and Washington has used several quiet channels to communicate with Pyongyang. Trump appeared to be referring to higher-level contacts, a step that diplomats have been expecting as a crucial run-up to the planned summit between Trump and Kim.

“North Korea is coming along. South Korea is meeting and has plans to meet to see if they can end the war, and they have my blessing on that,” Trump said about word that the two Koreas would discuss a formal end to the war when their leaders meet later this month.

All hail God Emperor Trump.  He is now in the process of ending the 68 year Korean war and bringing us even closer to world peace.  He's given his blessing and for that we should all be grateful.  Even you Vypr.

Queshank

- resl media confirming the story

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Michael and Jello
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #96 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Russia. We have to destroy Russia because Trump won.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF House Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #97 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Maybe we can get the much desired Iran war off to a good start in the near future.

Queshank wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 12:25pm:
China is committing to international agreement and cooperation.  President Xi Jinping is on record repeatedly as the leader of a communist nation as standing by free trade and against protectionist policies.

What the crappity smack is going on???

Queshank

Indeed, yeah?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #98 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 7:29am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 3:06pm:
Maybe we can get the much desired Iran war off to a good start in the near future.

Indeed, yeah?

You just can't help yourself but constantly prove me right, can you?

It's like a nervous tic you have.

Queshank wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 4:32pm:
To be honest bama 90% of this post is trolling people I've come to realize are just as stupid as the right wingers they spend so much time mocking.

For example..  In response to me asking if we've ever been this close to world peace you share a bunch of examples of existing local conflicts ... most of them over 70 years old ... to tell me how stupid and high I am.

Mission accomplished.

Queshank

How many times can Vypr be wrong in a year?  Should we start a count?

How much money you wanna put down on war with Iran?

Have we ever been this close to world peace before?

Or ... maybe I should ask the right question.  Maybe that's the problem.  Your comprehension issues are my problem, because I'm just not asking the right question to help you understand.

Okay Vypr here goes.  For you.

Why aren't we balls deep in World War III yet?  What happened to all of those predictions?

Queshank

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #99 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Q to bring the discussion back to the adults in the room...your observation is true...we seem to be moving in a very positive direction globally...

when I saw the massive protests going on in china, I thought two things - one, this would never have happened on this scale in the past...and two, it reminded me of the end of the united soviet socialist republic and the berlin wall...

and the latest news on n. s. korea talks and even another israeli/arab peace accord...

unfortunately, the nature of politics is to want the other side to fail, not for america as a whole to succeed while the other party is in power...this is true regardless of who is in power...with every measure of positive news, you can see the left just spinning out of control...they have abandoned all measure of coming up with their own plan...and 100% of their focus seems to be making sure that there is no success under trump..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Have we ever been this close to world peace before?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog