Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ideological Thinking
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ideological Thinking (Read 261 times)
Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Ideological Thinking
Nov 11th, 2017 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
We live in an ideological age.  What is an ideology?  It is a closed system of thought that seeks to fit all of reality into itself.  An ideologue is a person who holds to an ideology.  Ideologies can be either right or left on the political spectrum.

If reality doesn't actually conform to an ideology, well, ideologues pretend, or force themselves to believe that it does.

A perfect example would be the ideology of feminism and the issue of women in the military, specifically in combat roles.  A non-ideological person would know that putting women in combat units would lower the units morale and combat effectiveness, for multiple obvious reasons.  But the feminist does not accept the common sense view.  As an ideologue a feminist simply holds to the "women can do anything men can do" mantra and condemns any common sense objections as misogynist stereotypes.  If reality doesn't fit the ideology, the ideologue makes it fit.

You cannot really argue with ideologues, because as I said, an ideology is a closed system of thought.  Therefore, rather than debate their points, ideologues preferred method of dealing with opponents is to silence them through various methods, from using the law if they can, to in many circumstances using the weapon of public shaming.

We see this on college campuses today, where many professors are leftist ideologues of one sort or another.  Dissent from the favored ideologies is not acceptable, the ideologies are not up for debate.  It is either agree or be condemned and/or silenced through various means. 

Basically, to be an ideologue means to have lost touch with reality in its complexity.  It means to shrink reality into some little, neat closed system, where everything is easily explained.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Ideological Thinking
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 1:42am
Print Post  
An ideology is a system of political ideas.  What's wrong with that?  The alternative is a chaotic, grab bag of preferences or notions with no coherence or justification.  The most elevated and even profound expressions of human thought are in the form of integrated, self-consistent systems, e.g. a branch of science or an orchestra performing a Beethoven symphony.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:17am
Print Post  

I thought you were going to revive the history forum? Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:38am
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 9:26pm:
We live in an ideological age.  What is an ideology?  It is a closed system of thought that seeks to fit all of reality into itself.  An ideologue is a person who holds to an ideology.  Ideologies can be either right or left on the political spectrum.

If reality doesn't actually conform to an ideology, well, ideologues pretend, or force themselves to believe that it does.

A perfect example would be the ideology of feminism and the issue of women in the military, specifically in combat roles.  A non-ideological person would know that putting women in combat units would lower the units morale and combat effectiveness, for multiple obvious reasons.  But the feminist does not accept the common sense view.  As an ideologue a feminist simply holds to the "women can do anything men can do" mantra and condemns any common sense objections as misogynist stereotypes.  If reality doesn't fit the ideology, the ideologue makes it fit.

You cannot really argue with ideologues, because as I said, an ideology is a closed system of thought.  Therefore, rather than debate their points, ideologues preferred method of dealing with opponents is to silence them through various methods, from using the law if they can, to in many circumstances using the weapon of public shaming.

We see this on college campuses today, where many professors are leftist ideologues of one sort or another.  Dissent from the favored ideologies is not acceptable, the ideologies are not up for debate.  It is either agree or be condemned and/or silenced through various means. 

Basically, to be an ideologue means to have lost touch with reality in its complexity.  It means to shrink reality into some little, neat closed system, where everything is easily explained.

Yada, yada, yada.  Why does having women in combat military units in Israel work, then?  On what do you base your statements about it lowering morale in combat units?  Is it personal opinion based on fact?  If so, what are the facts on which it is based?

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:52am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:38am:
Yada, yada, yada.  Why does having women in combat military units in Israel work, then?  On what do you base your statements about it lowering morale in combat units?  Is it personal opinion based on fact?  If so, what are the facts on which it is based?

Are they proven? 

A quick glance at their history shows that Women didn't really have combat rolls until the early 1980's

I'm sure they make excellent guards Grin

What about that time of the month Crepe? Grin

Check this out Crepe? Grin

« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:58am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:52am:
Are they proven? 

A quick glance at their history shows that Women didn't really have combat rolls until the early 1980's

I'm sure they make excellent guards Grin

What about that time of the month Crepe? Grin

I'm well aware of when women in the U. S. became combat ready, and I approved.  If we want to be equal to men, we have to be equal and able in all positions.  Women also were not firefighters or police officers in days gone by.

As for your time of the month question, there are pills that can control that and even stop it, if need be.

Next questions. 

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #6 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:04am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:01am:
I'm well aware of when women in the U. S. became combat ready, and I approved.  If we want to be equal to men, we have to be equal and able in all positions.  Women also were not firefighters or police officers in days gone by.

As for your time of the month question, there are pills that can control that and even stop it, if need be.

Next questions. 

Quote:
As for your time of the month question, there are pills that can control that and even stop it, if need be

Grin Cheesy Grin

Quote:
Next questions. 

No more question your honor Wink Grin

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:04am:
Grin Cheesy Grin

No more question your honor Wink Grin

Can I rest my case, then?   It gets rather cumberson, at times.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #8 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 7:55am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:17am:
Can I rest my case, then?   It gets rather cumberson, at times.  Cheesy

Quote:
Can I rest my case, then? 

No more questions your honor Grin

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #9 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:17am:
I thought you were going to revive the history forum? Grin

Are you still smarting over the fact that you didn't know the Romans spoke Latin?   Wink

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ideological Thinking

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog