Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ideological Thinking
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ideological Thinking (Read 247 times)
Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Re: Ideological Thinking
Reply #20 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 9:20am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 8:57am:
I don't call myself conservative and the conservatives on this board call me a RINO.  I  wear that designation proudly, coming from them.  I believe that conservatives should be called Republican Conservatives (there used to be a Conservative Party but it disappeared years ago I'm just a regular, middle of the road Republican.

I do believe and revel in the difference between men and women.  In fact, some of the differences I actually enjoy.  However, I believe that women can perform most tasks as well as men and that men can perform most tasks as well as women.   For example, women now fly fighter planes in combat and also fly passenger planes.  Neither mr crepe nor I can do either one.  Since my accident four years ago, mr crepe has become the cook of the house.  He has learned how to cook quite well and has discovered the joys of the slow cooker as did I in earlier years.    If he has a question regarding a cooking term, he'll ask me.  (Sometimes I kjnow the answer, sometimes not so much.  The point is, he can do what used to be known of as woman's stuff.  There are well known chefs of both genders, none of whom are mr crepe nor myself.   

I don't know how well the females are doing in hand-to-hand combat.  Anyone know? 

Well, first off, I do not believe most women can do male tasks as good as men or vice-versa.  Usually, standards are lowered in either case.

But, even in the rare cases where men and women can approach the aptitudes of the other sex doesn't mean this is a good thing to do.

Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it is good.  Just because a woman can approximate a male role, or a man can approximate a feminine role doesn't mean it is good.

Equal means the same.  Men and women are not only not equal, we are opposite.  We are opposite both biologically and mentally.  We are thus suited for opposite roles.  For instance, in war: men are suited to kill and women are suited to heal.

Rather than attempting to pursue some literally non-existent equality, we should embrace our difference. 

Men should be masculine and women should be feminine.

Thanks for chatting, by the way.   Wink

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 8:29am:
No, an ideology is an attempt to simplify reality, and such attempts always come up short, as a quick survey would show.

Fascism, communism, capitalism, feminism, every 'ism' you can think of: they all try to shoe-horn reality into a neat little box.

The alternative is not chaos.  Mankind did just fine without ideology for 99.9% of our history.

Seems to me that you have your own idea of "maleism".  IMO, most people do, as they do with feminism.  However, the isms are stereotypical and not always a correct assumption.

IP Logged

Uncle Ichabod
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Reply #22 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
No, an ideology is an attempt to simplify reality, and such attempts always come up short, as a quick survey would show. 

Fascism, communism, capitalism, feminism, every 'ism' you can think of: they all try to shoe-horn reality into a neat little box.

The alternative is not chaos.  Mankind did just fine without ideology for 99.9% of our history.

Reality is laughing it's ass off at your notion that these ideologies you've mentioned are anything new. They have appeared in greater and lesser numbers throughout history.

It's hard for me to imagine too many things more repugnant than returning to the period of history you claim to admire.  One where repression, callousness, and European male entitlement were considered worthy aspirations.

Isn't it likely that for some reason .. perhaps as a 3rd grader a female bully kicked you in the nuts..   you've romanticized a dark period of history because you feel ill-equipped to function in reality ?

« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017 at 12:43pm by Uncle Ichabod »  

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 8:26am:
Up until 2001 women served in a special 'women's corp's.'  In the IDF.

Even now, they do not serve in about a third of positions.

There are also Israeli critics of integrating their military.

As one Israeli general said, "if you put men and women together in a tank, you are going to have a new soldier in nine months."

Women can do auxiliary roles, or at most have their own units, but integrated male-female combat units are an absurdity.

I dunno.

I certainly used to think that.

I mentored the very first woman to join my trade in the Army.

She was utterly useless, clearly allowed through the system for political reasons.

Soon after, I was on my Corporal's course, a gruelling month in the wintry North of England. Several women were also on it, and they were all utterly useless and were given blatant special treatment. For example, one managed to fire off a whole 30 round magazine on the ranges, at very much the wrong moment. If that had been me, bust to private, a separate charge and fine for each round, some months in military prison.

Her?

Nothing.

However, years later I was in a conversation with a very experienced infantry Regimental Sergeant Major, the Battalion CO and Adjutant.

All three were clearly convinced that women should serve in any rôle. The proviso was that the standard is the standard is the standard. No exceptions.

I began to agree.

Society is different, radically so, from what it was a generation ago. I suspect that the typical 20 somethings with degrees or good high school  who make up the British Army nowadays could cope with being 10% female.

I still have doubts but I am not an absolutist on the topic any more.

I would also gently point out that people who have served in the military have usually done so in mixed units, at one level or another, for decades.

Here's someone to mull over:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvonne_Baseden

« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:01pm by Limey »  

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #24 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  

OK, no chaos, no "ideology" - what's left?  Why do you think that if someone tries to create general principles, they're "simplifying", missing, reality?  In physics one of the great principles is the conservation of matter/energy.  In essence, it is simple and general.  In no way does it shoehorn reality, rather it gives a profound insight into reality.

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #25 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:52am:
Are they proven? 

A quick glance at their history shows that Women didn't really have combat rolls until the early 1980's

I'm sure they make excellent guards Grin

What about that time of the month Crepe? Grin

Check this out Crepe? Grin

Megyn Kelly is not gonna like this...

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 12:29am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:01am:
I'm well aware of when women in the U. S. became combat ready, and I approved.  If we want to be equal to men, we have to be equal and able in all positions.  Women also were not firefighters or police officers in days gone by.

As for your time of the month question, there are pills that can control that and even stop it, if need be.

Next questions. 

Some girls would be good in combat, even hand to hand.

1.      Female Bodybuilders Videos - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yda8akBd4MQ
Mar 25, 2013 · Video embedded · http://www.female-bodybuilders.org Music by www.audionautix.com This channel is dedicated to muscular female lovers. You can find at the link above the ...

Wink
Smiley

Freedom&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ideological Thinking

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog