Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Genesis 3:5 ...Shall Be As gods...
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Genesis 3:5 ...Shall Be As gods... (Read 89 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Genesis 3:5 ...Shall Be As gods...
Nov 13th, 2017 at 9:30am
Print Post  
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The reason I take the word of God as Gospel is simple, he intended us to do so.  The enemy loves to pervert the word of God to create doubt in the mind of unbelievers.  To me the Creation story lays the ground work of God's need to redeem mankind.  The enemy has sought to destroy Genesis because he clearly understands that if you can destroy Genesis, you destroy the premise of sin and that we need a Savior.  Unbelievers, primarily atheist understand that if they can state that the earth evolved, they then are like gods in their own minds.  They create doubt regarding Genesis they then can state there is no God.  For us to adopt the world's belief that God uses evolution to create the earth it undermines, in my humble opinion God's word.  What say you?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Genesis 3:5 ...Shall Be As gods...
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
I most respectfully say that your comment, "Unbelievers, primarily atheist understand that if they can state that the earth evolved, they then are like gods in their own minds." may be the silliest thing I've heard in a long time.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
If you believe there is no God, then you are saying you are god over your own life, you decide what is or is not moral, what is or is not right or wrong.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Uncle Ichabod
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:55pm:
If you believe there is no God, then you are saying you are god over your own life, you decide what is or is not moral, what is or is not right or wrong.

Morality is not revealed .. We see morality in many species. It evolved along with higher order life forms as a means by which aggressive, competitive animals can exist in a social structure.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Uncle Ichabod wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:30am:
Morality is not revealed .. We see morality in many species. It evolved along with higher order life forms as a means by which aggressive, competitive animals can exist in a social structure.

True. We find social behavioral rules in all gregarious animals, wolves, apes, even chickens... Of course, the more evolved the animals, the more complex and elaborate the rules. It's not that big of a leap to deduce a kind of morality from these rules. It funny that the more we study the animals the more we see common points between us and them. The old superstitious belief brought on by religions that morality didn't exist before the religions invented it, has been debunked for decades now, but it doesn't matter to some people.

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 1:08pm
Print Post  

Is this an "any god will do" belief of yours, or is your understanding of morality more god specific?

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 9:30am:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The reason I take the word of God as Gospel is simple, he intended us to do so.  The enemy loves to pervert the word of God to create doubt in the mind of unbelievers.  To me the Creation story lays the ground work of God's need to redeem mankind.  The enemy has sought to destroy Genesis because he clearly understands that if you can destroy Genesis, you destroy the premise of sin and that we need a Savior.  Unbelievers, primarily atheist understand that if they can state that the earth evolved, they then are like gods in their own minds.  They create doubt regarding Genesis they then can state there is no God.  For us to adopt the world's belief that God uses evolution to create the earth it undermines, in my humble opinion God's word.  What say you?

I think you have a very poor understanding of what the atheist position is, and indeed that of believers who accept that science is not a confidence trick.

Taken as metaphor the Creation story certainly doesn't interfere with the central message.

Literal is more so very obviously conflicts with facts that it makes literalists look silly.

That, my friend Seawolf, is in my opinion much more damaging to Christianity than the simple assertion that the world (indeed the universe) is subject to physical laws.

The only get-out is that,  somehow, God set things up to appear rational as a test of faith once, in say about 1650, ee reached the level of scientific knowledge needed to challenge what was written centuries earlier.

All right, that's an arguable theological position but hardly better than the absolutist one.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  

That's exactly right. Freedom of decision.

But, that does not come from denying the literal interpretation of the Bible.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - yesterday at 2:53pm
Print Post  

This seems to fit

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion.”
-- Nobel Prize-winning physicist and outspoken atheist Steven Weinberg

Sorta flips your accusation the other way.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - yesterday at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 2:37pm:
I think you have a very poor understanding of what the atheist position is, and indeed that of believers who accept that science is not a confidence trick.

Taken as metaphor the Creation story certainly doesn't interfere with the central message.

Literal is more so very obviously conflicts with facts that it makes literalists look silly.

That, my friend Seawolf, is in my opinion much more damaging to Christianity than the simple assertion that the world (indeed the universe) is subject to physical laws.

The only get-out is that,  somehow, God set things up to appear rational as a test of faith once, in say about 1650, ee reached the level of scientific knowledge needed to challenge what was written centuries earlier.

All right, that's an arguable theological position but hardly better than the absolutist one.

The Bible is meant to be read literally.  To state that the earth could not have been flooded is stating that God would be incapable of flooding the earth, thus he could not be God.  Tell me how it is impossible for God to create the heavens and the earth in 7 days, how are we capable of saying this is not possible.  Of course it is your opinion, my opinion regarding your view of life spawning out of nothing in direct opposition of biogenesis.  Or to state that explosions can create life in opposition to the Second law of thermodynamics.  What evolutionist claim regarding the birth of time, space and matter do not align with thermodynamics or biogenesis.  So for me, a Creator is more plausible then life that comes out of nothing through a constant series of accidents, yet has never been actually seen or witnessed.  It is purely speculative.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Genesis 3:5 ...Shall Be As gods...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog