Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Genesis 3:5 ...Shall Be As gods...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Genesis 3:5 ...Shall Be As gods... (Read 651 times)
The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Re: Genesis 3:5 ...Shall Be As gods...
Reply #30 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 10:56am
Print Post  
SW..  I'm a bit busy just now ..  I'll take some time to shred your last post later. 

'Till then may I ask..  Are you also a "Flat Earther" .. 

I mean the Bible clearly says that the Earth is flat but it's just one of many things the Bible gets wrong about the physical world.  The Bible certainly has valuable moral lessons (for the most part) but I don't think anyone actually believes the biblical version the physical world.

I'm just curious.  IRL I don't run into anyone that holds a Ptolemaic view of Earth rejecting our post-Copernican model of the heavens. 

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #31 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
The Wreath of Khan wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 10:56am:
SW..  I'm a bit busy just now ..  I'll take some time to shred your last post later. 

'Till then may I ask..  Are you also a "Flat Earther" .. 

I mean the Bible clearly says that the Earth is flat but it's just one of many things the Bible gets wrong about the physical world.  The Bible certainly has valuable moral lessons (for the most part) but I don't think anyone actually believes the biblical version the physical world.

I'm just curious.  IRL I don't run into anyone that holds a Ptolemaic view of Earth rejecting our post-Copernican model of the heavens. 

So are we having an honest discussion or more of your condesending take on scripture you have clearly demonstrated you have limited knowledge of.  Already addressed the fallacy that scriptures states the earth is flat.

Isaiah 40:22

Job states God hangs the earth on nothing.

Job 26:7

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Reply #32 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 2:16pm:
Already addressed the fallacy that scriptures states the earth is flat.

Actually the bible is quite clear on the matter..

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Isaiah 40:22

This verse says that the Earth is a circle. . 

It says the 'heavens' (stars, planets, comets) are stretched out as though on a curtain.

It says the heavens are spread out as tent to dwell in. 

It says that from an Earthly observer's viewpoint it's like sitting in a tent looking at stars and planets painted on the walls and ceiling.

Jesus's own account says that the Earth is flat.. .

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Matthew 4:8

Of course you know that you can't see all "the kingdoms of the world" from a single vantage point IF the Earth is a sphere.. so Jesus and Satan believed that the Earth was flat.

Seems clear doesn't it.

Seawolf wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 2:16pm:
So are we having an honest discussion or more of your condesending take on scripture you have clearly demonstrated you have limited knowledge of. 

I'm not trying to be condescending. I'm sure you can tell that my knowledge of the Bible is not "limited" as you say.  I conducted the young adult bible studies for several years at the First Baptist church in my hometown.  I think it's clear to both of us that I have a great deal more knowledge concerning the Bible than you want to admit.

But since you brought it up, let me point out how insulting you've been to me throughout this discussion.  I ask you questions only to have you ignore them.  I back up my comments with real world facts only to have you call me a liar. 

I have respected your Safe Space here on this Christian Forum whereas you've been nothing but hostile. 

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Regarding what was said between Jesus and Satan and the context it was in would be more important then our interpretation of what was meant in our eyes.  I can cite multiple examples of our own language that is more rhetorical then literal.  Take for example my description of my submarine service where I often state I have plowed holes in the ocean, are you going to state it is literal or rhetorical?  In God's eyes he is infinite as we are finite. Isaiah and Job were pretty clear, you think God's view of his own creation is suddenly different?  If you truly taught Sunday school then you SHOULD be aware that Jesus is actually God in the flesh.  Understanding this then you could assume that this was not meant as an actual definition of the surface of the earth being flat.  I am constantly reading, studying, researching daily, scripture and even I understand this.  So it would be safe for me to assume that IF you was an avid reader and student of scripture, then you could grasp the context of the discussion he is having with a fallen angel as the Creator.  The Bible also states that the earth is his footstool.

Isaiah 66:1  This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?

So are we to take this literally, that the earth is a resting place for his feet??
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2017 at 4:59pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Let's be honest, you are a regular poster under a new name, returning from a hiatus or a recent ban by admin.  One or the other, my suspicion is this is Fiddler so let's stop acting as if I violated or was hostile to you as you have no liking of me.  I could care less as my life does not revolve around nameless faces on an internet.  It's easy to act like an arse when you do not have to see folks the next day and not be accountable for your behavior while on the internet.  Yes, our dark side tends to come out for some folks.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2017 at 4:47pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 4:33pm:
Regarding what was said between Jesus and Satan and the context it was in would be more important then our interpretation of what was meant in our eyes.  I can cite multiple examples of our own language that is more rhetorical then literal.  Take for example my description of my submarine service where I often state I have plowed holes in the ocean, are you going to state it is literal or rhetorical?  In God's eyes he is infinite as we are finite. Isaiah and Job were pretty clear, you think God's view of his own creation is suddenly different?  If you truly taught Sunday school then you SHOULD be aware that Jesus is actually God in the flesh.  Understanding this then you could assume that this was not meant as an actual definition of the surface of the earth being flat.  I am constantly reading, studying, researching daily, scripture and even I understand this.  So it would be safe for me to assume that IF you was an avid reader and student of scripture, then you could grasp the context of the discussion he is having with a fallen angel as the Creator.  The Bible also states that the earth is his footstool.

Isaiah 66:1  This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?

So are we to take this literally, that the earth is a resting place for his feet??

Haaaang on a minute... The Bible can be rhetorical?

Noted.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 4:46pm:

Noted.

Just the parts that don't fit the (dare I say) political narrative

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 4:46pm:

Noted.

Yes, it is on numerous occassions.  When you read it in the context it is written in, it is obvious, problem is too many add or subtract to enhance their own personal view.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 8:48am:
Yes, it is on numerous occassions.  When you read it in the context it is written in, it is obvious, problem is too many add or subtract to enhance their own personal view.

Now your being silly again.

Did you really just say that if we read it through your eyes that we will understand all the contradictions contrived by politicians 3,000 years ago.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

MJ
LNF Senior Staffer

Reply #39 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 4:33pm:

Apparently so, because you disagreed with my take that you can't take it all at face-value, that you have to parse for literary devices and context. Plus, you said this earlier..

Seawolf wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 9:52pm:
The Bible is meant to be read literally.

Cleek's Law: Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Genesis 3:5 ...Shall Be As gods...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules