Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Another Moore thread to make Harry happy ;) If Moore wins, Trump loses
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Another Moore thread to make Harry happy ;) If Moore wins, Trump loses (Read 193 times)
Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Another Moore thread to make Harry happy ;) If Moore wins, Trump loses
Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Throwing this out there.

First let me say of all people on this earth, the one person I hoped was dead by now before he resurfaced like a bloated corpse rising from the bottom of an overflowing sewer system ... is Roy Moore.

But I sincerely hope he wins the Alabama election.

Because if Roy Moore wins the special election in December ... it's the first promising sign I've seen to date that Donald Trump might lose the presidential election in 2020.

Donald Trump pretends to be a right wing nutjob.  And there's enough wiggle room in that facade to allow reasonable Trump supporters (yes they exist) to rationalize their votes for him.

Roy Moore on the other hand is a Grade A Industry Approved Certified right wing nutjob. 

If Ol' Roy wins the election, there will be a nonstop focus on everything this putrescent zombie of a dead culture has to say across all forms of media.  And what he has to say will drive people to the polls to vote against Republicans in national elections like there's a buy one get one sale on Big Macs at the local Taco Bell.

Far from emboldening the "right" ... it will destroy the right.

And as such is the jagged little pill we need to swallow if we want to get past this blind partisan tribalism bullshit that threatens our country far more than Russia, North Korean nukes and Islamic terrorism combined.

So ... let me just say ...

Roy Moore for Alabama Senate!!!  Yay Roy Moore! 

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Cranberry Sass
LNF Representative

Wrong head.

Re: Another Moore thread to make Harry happy ;) If Moore wins, Trump loses
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:38am:

Because if Roy Moore wins the special election in December ... it's the first promising sign I've seen to date that Donald Trump might lose the presidential election in 2020.

Yes.. I've said before that the Republican leadership distancing themselves from Moore is more about self-preservation than revulsion over Moore's molestation of teenage girls.

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:38am:
Throwing this out there.

First let me say of all people on this earth, the one person I hoped was dead by now before he resurfaced like a bloated corpse rising from the bottom of an overflowing sewer system ... is Roy Moore.

Donald Trump pretends to be a right wing nutjob.  And there's enough wiggle room in that facade to allow reasonable Trump supporters (yes they exist) to rationalize their votes for him.

Roy Moore on the other hand is a Grade A Industry Approved Certified right wing nutjob. 

If Ol' Roy wins the election, there will be a nonstop focus on everything this putrescent zombie of a dead culture has to say across all forms of media.  And what he has to say will drive people to the polls to vote against Republicans in national elections like there's a buy one get one sale on Big Macs at the local Taco Bell.

Far from emboldening the "right" ... it will destroy the right.

And as such is the jagged little pill we need to swallow if we want to get past this blind partisan tribalism bullshit that threatens our country far more than Russia, North Korean nukes and Islamic terrorism combined.

So ... let me just say ...

Roy Moore for Alabama Senate!!!  Yay Roy Moore! 

Queshank

Why would collective national disgust at a state senator drive more votes than the collective national disgust at the POTUS? Is your take that Moore can be a whipping-boy for Trump voters who are suffering some cognitive dissonance?

For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind! The time has come to *oppose* that thumb!

A nothing burger!

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Actually, I heard someone on FOX say that if Judge Moore wins the election, but ultimately is forced to step down, then the Republican Governor gets to appoint a Republican replacement for Moore (while if he just drops out then the Democrat wins by default).  I don't see how "if Moore wins. Trump loses"  Trump supported Luther Strange in the primary and when he called Judge Moore and congratulated him on his win, President Trump said that although he's never met him he seemed like a nice man.  That comment won't tie Moore to Trump, if Moore is toast!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative2

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:09pm:
Actually, I heard someone on FOX say that if Judge Moore wins the election, but ultimately is forced to step down, then the Republican Governor gets to appoint a Republican replacement for Moore (while if he just drops out then the Democrat wins by default).  I don't see how "if Moore wins. Trump loses"  Trump supported Luther Strange in the primary and when he called Judge Moore and congratulated him on his win, President Trump said that although he's never met him he seemed like a nice man.  That comment won't tie Moore to Trump, if Moore is toast!

Yeah, their ideal situation is Moore wins, then steps down and allows Strange to take it. They can wipe people's faces in a Moore win without suffering so much blowback.

A rare moment of candid truth from NorthKoreanFrogmanInvasion(!!), ReeweeWittoBwain:   RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:16pm:
Yeah, their ideal situation is Moore wins, then steps down and allows Strange to take it. They can wipe people's faces in a Moore win without suffering so much blowback.

That's plausible.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:16pm:

and...since Luther Strange was Trump's choice...is that a win for Trump?

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:41pm:
and...since Luther Strange was Trump's choice...is that a win for Trump?

Yup.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:02pm:
Why would collective national disgust at a state senator drive more votes than the collective national disgust at the POTUS? Is your take that Moore can be a whipping-boy for Trump voters who are suffering some cognitive dissonance?

Because as I said ..

Donald Trump isn't tarnishing the Republican brand.  The media and the more deranged members of the left are doing everything they can to tarnish the Republican brand. 

But Donald Trump is building it.  You might not like it.  I might not like it.  But a lot of people do.  A lot.

Meanwhile, the "old" GOP brand and the Democrats are pretty much universally despised by the American people.  The bar is set pretty low for the refurbished TrumpGOP. 

Donald Trump doesn't have to outrun the bear.  He just has to outrun the other campers.

Roy Moore is another weapon the media and the more deranged members of the left can use to tarnish the brand.  Not a day will pass by when Moore says something else stupid and crappity smacking disgusting to be repeated everywhere in the news.  And there won't be rationalization wiggle room like there is with Trump.  It is my opinion that very well has the potential to be the tipping point. 

Or to expand on the analogy ...  if Trump winds up carrying Roy Moore on his shoulders, he won't be able to outrun the bear.

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:41pm:
Yup.

An interesting thought ...

When he was campaigning for Strange, Trump said ...cryptically ... "I shouldn't be doing this, but hey even if he loses (Strange) he still wins.  You know what I'm saying?  You know what I mean."

I wonder if the Trump camp is behind these allegations .... which somehow the left and the media couldn't drum up 10 years ago when Moore was blossoming into a turdball of national import.

/conspiracy theory

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Another Moore thread to make Harry happy ;) If Moore wins, Trump loses

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog