Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore (Read 172 times)
The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Nov 14th, 2017 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mcconnell-publicly-floats-jeff-sessions-as-wri...

After the BITCH-SLAPPIN Poor Old Jeff's had from his former 'colleagues' on the other side of the aisle, wouldn't this be a hoot!

Considering that the Senate is all about seniority, Sessions could have just about any job he wanted from Chairman of his pick of Committees to possibly even Majority Leader, since McConnell's said he might step aside in January!

Good Old Jeff might not have such a bend over and take it attitude as he once displayed in the interest of comity!

Who would replace Good Old Jeff as AG?

" The few will always act like the few.”

–Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 4:45pm:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mcconnell-publicly-floats-jeff-sessions-as-wri...

After the BITCH-SLAPPIN Poor Old Jeff's had from his former 'colleagues' on the other side of the aisle, wouldn't this be a hoot!

Considering that the Senate is all about seniority, Sessions could have just about any job he wanted from Chairman of his pick of Committees to possibly even Majority Leader, since McConnell's said he might step aside in January!

Good Old Jeff might not have such a bend over and take it attitude as he once displayed in the interest of comity!

Except I think seniority is based on consecutive service.  Ol Jeff has a break in his service.

Some in the Senate might be willing to ignore that, but I wouldn't count on enough of them being willing to do it for it to happen.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Representative2

Re: McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
If Sessions will need a write-in, he will lose for sure. Too many morons need to be herded to make a large-scale write-in campaign work.

Rare moments of candid truth...  RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:06pm:
If Sessions will need a write-in, he will lose for sure. Too many morons need to be herded to make a large-scale write-in campaign work.

Best option for the pubs is for the Judge to stay on the ballot.  He'll probaby win, but not by as big a margin as he would have before all these "liars" ganged up on him at the last minute with their "total fabrications" of sexual impropriety toward teenage girls.  Poor Roy.  Just goes to show you what lengths some people will go to in order to prevent a "devout Christian" from holding public office.  How his enemies found that many women to lie so convincingly is a mystery to me.

Anyhow, if he wins, then the seat belongs to the pubs at least until the next special election.  And probably thereafter unless the pubs are stupid enough to let another Roy-type get the nod.  And won't there be another special election if the Judge wins and then resigns or is not allowed to take his Senate seat by a majority of the other 99?  I know a replacement will be appointed, but can that replacement serve the full remaining term?

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
Except I think seniority is based on consecutive service.  Ol Jeff has a break in his service.

Some in the Senate might be willing to ignore that, but I wouldn't count on enough of them being willing to do it for it to happen.

As I'm sure you know, the Senate makes it's own rules and the Majority Leader can pretty much do what he wants (unless their is a massive revolt)

–Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:16pm:
As I'm sure you know, the Senate makes it's own rules and the Majority Leader can pretty much do what he wants (unless their is a massive revolt)

You're right, I do know that, and I am pretty sure one of the rules they have made concerning seniority is it's based on years of consecutive service.  They can certainly change that rule, but it won't be pretty and it won't be easy.  In fact, I don't think it will happen.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 4:45pm:

I would say Giuliani might have a shot. But, his agreement with Sessions decision to recuse himself, could potentially take him off the list of possible replacements.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:27pm:
I would say Giuliani might have a shot. But, his agreement with Sessions decision to recuse himself, could potentially take him off the list of possible replacements.

Whoever agrees to take it has to know he's gotta have a good ability to eat shit and plenty of it.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
Whoever agrees to take it has to know he's gotta have a good ability to eat shit and plenty of it. 

(snip)

" Voters in Alabama elected one member to the U.S. Senate in the election on November 4, 2014.
Incumbent Jeff Sessions won re-election in 2014 without opposition. He faced no primary challenger and was also completely unopposed in the general election. This election marked the first time in Alabama history that the Democratic Party fielded no candidates for the U.S. Senate race.[3] "
https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Senate_elections_in_Alabama,_2014

This seat is Jeff Session's Senate Seat and the people of Alabama would certainly rather have him back to fill it than Moore or a Democrat.

–Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
(snip)

" Voters in Alabama elected one member to the U.S. Senate in the election on November 4, 2014.
Incumbent Jeff Sessions won re-election in 2014 without opposition. He faced no primary challenger and was also completely unopposed in the general election. This election marked the first time in Alabama history that the Democratic Party fielded no candidates for the U.S. Senate race.[3] "
https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Senate_elections_in_Alabama,_2014

This seat is Jeff Session's Senate Seat and the people of Alabama would certainly rather have him back to fill it than Moore or a Democrat.

(snip)

I was referring to the AG's office, not the Senate seat.

I don't doubt a minute Alabama would prefer to have Session's to any Democrat.  I think a majority would still prefer Moore to any Democrat.  Party designation is ALL that matters to an awful lot of voters on both sides.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog