Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore (Read 173 times)
The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:52pm:
(snip)

I was referring to the AG's office, not the Senate seat.

I don't doubt a minute Alabama would prefer to have Session's to any Democrat.  I think a majority would still prefer Moore to any Democrat.  Party designation is ALL that matters to an awful lot of voters on both sides. 

I think Trump would see that Rudy Guillini has too many entanglements with his public statements during the campaign and the many foreign dealings with his company.

Trey Gowdy has my vote.  He and many others were on Trump's short list for AG, along with Guillani.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
I think Trump would see that Rudy Guillini has too many entanglements with his public statements during the campaign and the many foreign dealings with his company.

Trey Gowdy has my vote.  He and many others were on Trump's short list for AG.

But now that everybody that was on his short list sees how he (Der Fuhrer) has treated Sessions, how many of those do you think are still as interested now as they may have been then?

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 6:00pm:
But now that everybody that was on his short list sees how he (Der Fuhrer) has treated Sessions, how many of those do you think are still as interested now as they may have been then? 

I wouldn't underestimate the eagerness of Patriots to step up and serve America in our time of need.  Having said that, I believe Jeff Sessions to be a patriotic American who is unable to serve our nation effectively in his current position.  He doesn't even want to have the appearance of a conflict of interests, which is a damn sight different than the attitudes of the last two Attorney Generals.  He is a star pitcher but he continues to take himself out of the game.  (guess he wants to save his arm for the 9th inning) America needs someone to get in there and pitch, even if they must suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune!

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 6:06pm:
I wouldn't underestimate the eagerness of Patriots to step up and serve America in our time of need.  Having said that, I believe Jeff Sessions to be a patriotic American who is unable to serve our nation effectively in his current position.  He doesn't even want to have the appearance of a conflict of interests, which is a damn sight different than the attitudes of the last two Attorney Generals.  He is a star pitcher but he continues to take himself out of the game.  (guess he wants to save his arm for the 9th inning) America needs someone to get in there and pitch, even if they must suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune!

Goodness knows we need men and women of integrity to take one for the team by agreeing to serve in this clown's cabinet.  But I doubt I am underestimating their eagerness to eat the kind of shit poor old Jeff Sessions has been forced to eat.  Or poor old Rex Tillerson.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
True.  Trumpism means never knowing when and how he will insult and humiliate you, in public and private.  Not exactly drawing in the top-tier talent.

Again, I don't see any way that McConnell will get Sessions to quit his dream job after Trump failed to get him to do it.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:28pm:
True.  Trumpism means never knowing when and how he will insult and humiliate you, in public and private.  Not exactly drawing in the top-tier talent.

Again, I don't see any way that McConnell will get Sessions to quit his dream job after Trump failed to get him to do it.

I find it hard to believe it's still his dream job, if it ever really was.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:21pm:
Goodness knows we need men and women of integrity to take one for the team by agreeing to serve in this clown's cabinet.  But I doubt I am underestimating their eagerness to eat the kind of shit poor old Jeff Sessions has been forced to eat.  Or poor old Rex Tillerson.

"PoorOld Jeff's" a Good Old Boy.  After he's been so rankly abused by his 'colleagues' I think it might be a sort of poetic justice if he were to replace his good friend Mitch McConnell as Majority Leader.  I'm sure that Sen Sessions could find somewhere to put a bunch of these Senators, "bless their hearts".  Someone has to clean the toilets in the Senate Chambers!  Grin Grin

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:39pm:
"PoorOld Jeff's" a Good Old Boy.  After he's been so rankly abused by his 'colleagues' I think it might be a sort of poetic justice if he were to replace his good friend Mitch McConnell as Majority Leader.  I'm sure that Sen Sessions could find somewhere to put a bunch of these Senators, "bless their hearts".  Someone has to clean the toilets in the Senate Chambers!  Grin Grin

You think the junior senator from Alabama will be appointed majority leader?

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #18 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:41pm:
You think the junior senator from Alabama will be appointed majority leader?

The majority leader is elected...

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #19 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 4:45pm:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mcconnell-publicly-floats-jeff-sessions-as-wri...

After the BITCH-SLAPPIN Poor Old Jeff's had from his former 'colleagues' on the other side of the aisle, wouldn't this be a hoot!

Considering that the Senate is all about seniority, Sessions could have just about any job he wanted from Chairman of his pick of Committees to possibly even Majority Leader, since McConnell's said he might step aside in January!

Good Old Jeff might not have such a bend over and take it attitude as he once displayed in the interest of comity!

Who would replace Good Old Jeff as AG?

trey Gowdy? Shocked Shocked

Greg!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog