Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore (Read 174 times)
EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Reply #20 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Harry and company wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:42pm:
The majority leader is elected...

I know that, and I know seniority is not a requirement. I used the wrong word, okay?  But majority leader is a plum job, right?  And as stodgy and hide bound as the Senate is, is it likely a junior senator, just beginning his term after a break in service, would get a plum job like that?

No question poor old Jeff has the experience and know how.  But in systems where seniority is so valued, experience and know how  aren't valued all that highly.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore
Reply #21 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:48pm:
I know that, and I know seniority is not a requirement. I used the wrong word, okay?  But majority leader is a plum job, right?  And as stodgy and hide bound as the Senate is, is it likely a junior senator, just beginning his term after a break in service, would get a plum job like that?

No question poor old Jeff has the experience and know how.  But in systems where seniority is so valued, experience and know how  aren't valued all that highly.

Jeff Sessions is one of the most senior Senators and even if the Senate Rules say (and I'm not sure they do) consecutive years of Service, striking that one word word not seem to be a problem; especially if Mitch McConnell would step down in January like he said he will and back his good friend Jeff Sessions.  Unlike the Speaker of the House, Democrats only get to vote for the Majority Leader of the Senate, when their party holds the majority!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:53pm:
Jeff Sessions is one of the most senior Senators and even if the Senate Rules say (and I'm not sure they do) consecutive years of Service, striking that one word word not seem to be a problem; especially if Mitch McConnell would step down in January like he said he will and back his good friend Jeff Sessions.  Unlike the Speaker of the House, Democrats only get to vote for the Majority Leader of the Senate, when their party holds the majority!

Well, I looked it up, and the rules DO say that.  If two Senators are seated the same day and one of them is a former Senator, the former Senator is senior to the other one.  But they're both "new guys" under the rules. 

But the rules will allow him to be elected majority leader if enough R's want to do it.  I just have a feeling some other R might want that job, though.  One who is senior to Sessions.  Assuming Sessions even ends up back in the Senate.  Might be a contested election.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
I think Trump would see that Rudy Guillini has too many entanglements with his public statements during the campaign and the many foreign dealings with his company.

Trey Gowdy has my vote.  He and many others were on Trump's short list for AG, along with Guillani.

Trey Gowdy may have your vote, but has already stated he doesn't want the job.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › McConnell publicly floats Jeff Sessions as write-in alternative to Roy Moore

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog