Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › And while we're on the subject of Jeff Sessions...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic And while we're on the subject of Jeff Sessions... (Read 54 times)
EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

And while we're on the subject of Jeff Sessions...
Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
...I know a guy who says his uncle collects millions in royalties, mostly from the feds, because he owns the copyright to "please use other door" and "this page intentionally left blank."  I kind of doubt it, but it got me to wondering if anybody owns the copyright to "I don't recall."  This seems to be the standard answer to most yes/no questions put to Trump's minions, and I think poor old Jeff Sessions said it about 50 times today during his testimony in the House. 

Saying "I don't recall" is kind of the same as saying "Sounds plausible, but I have written over that record in my memory banks."

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Re: And while we're on the subject of Jeff Sessions...
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:38pm:
...I know a guy who says his uncle collects millions in royalties, mostly from the feds, because he owns the copyright to "please use other door" and "this page intentionally left blank."  I kind of doubt it, but it got me to wondering if anybody owns the copyright to "I don't recall."  This seems to be the standard answer to most yes/no questions put to Trump's minions, and I think poor old Jeff Sessions said it about 50 times today during his testimony in the House. 

Saying "I don't recall" is kind of the same as saying "Sounds plausible, but I have written over that record in my memory banks."

Rumor has it that Hillary's entire FBI interview, except for reciting her name, consisted of "I don't recall."

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:38pm:

When you match up Session's testimony to what Page testified to.  Page said that he came up to Sessions in a hallway or some such gathering and told him that he had to go to Russia for his private business, but specifically told him that it had nothing to do with the campaign.  Sessions didn't recall this "meeting" because just like a Meet and greet with the Russian Ambassador, it's not the sort of thing one would remember, if he and others close to Trump weren't in on some big conspiracy with the Russians to get Trump elected.

The fact is I have spoken with many individuals at hospitality bars or on breaks in a hallway at some conference I attended and I may recall most of what the speakers had to say and very little or nothing of the chit chat or even who came up to me and said what.  It's not the focus of why I attended some event.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:46pm
Print Post  

Sessions is hardly the first to use the I don't recall dodge before congress in fact I'd be surprised if the # of times he said it is even a record.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 7:46pm:
Sessions is hardly the first to use the I don't recall dodge before congress in fact I'd be surprised if the # of times he said it is even a record.

I feel sure it isn't.  But I bet a record for saying it will be set, collectively, by the members of Trump's "administration" who end up testifying in hearings and legal procedings.  I mean, he's only in his first year and look at how many times his minions have said it already.

I thought of a new motto for Der Fuhrer's coat of arms:

Nescio

that's Latin for "I do not recall"

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 9:53pm
Print Post  

I think Hillary has been using it since the 90's, not that the current administration couldn't take the record but I'm sure Hil has set a high bar. plus we'd have to check during the Watergate yrs as a lot of people were dodging questions then as well as during Arms For Hostages ...  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › And while we're on the subject of Jeff Sessions...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog