Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereSports Forum › NFL Picks: Week 13
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NFL Picks: Week 13 (Read 2,973 times)
Abe
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: NFL Picks: Week 13
Reply #50 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:00am
Print Post  
JohnnyBLate wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 9:46pm:
Rules can't change until next season.

And unless stated prior they (rules) can't be added either. Not that it matters much now....Then explain why this was allowed.

"There was a tie for the Bonus Point. The actual point total tonight was 43. RWB had 44 and Abe had 42. So I'm giving both of them 1 point."

As much as I appreciate the gesture, the rule was ....while not going over. Last I checked 44 is over 43.

Here's the rule:

4. The person who gets closest to the MNF "total points" that week receives 1 bonus point.

Never was the point awarded to someone who went over the total unless everyone was over it. then the closet still wins.

Undecided

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:20am by Abe »  

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #51 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:26am
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 10:45pm:
Hmm...
I think I will just take my ball home, as I don't like the rules.   

It's a damn good thing we are not playing for money. Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pick them before Thursday first game and hold them.  You are not going to make everyone happy Jas. 

Fortunately for Johnny B, you don't make the rules. According to YOU, Johnny B should not have been allowed to play this by your perception of the rules since he missed all the Thursday games.

JohnnyBLate wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
BALLS! I forgot

Here is your reply to him when he did.

walkstall wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 9:45pm:
You were told!. 

JohnnyBLate wrote on Nov 26th, 2017 at 11:29am:
I wasn't on

I didn't hear you saying no changes after Thursday back then. Cheesy  No one complained about Jasmine's handling it. I argued my point and she gave her decision. I made mine as well.

I didn't ask for a rule change. The rule was never stated until this week and I stand by what I said earlier...

Abe wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 4:40pm:
While I appreciate the politeness of your response...the change was made yesterday. It takes on more urgency tonight since 4 people can win over a game not played yet.

I suspect that part of the was due to the fact that you figured out just what I was thinking because it's a fair way to win. It is a game and if I can or you can still win fairly, I don't see the big deal. Friendly game or not, we all play to win. If it's friendly and somewhat informal who gets hurt?

Enjoy the rest of the season. I'm taking a knee in protest for the rest of the season. Undecided See you on the Politics Boards.

Good luck to all.

Now maybe I will play.

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:10am by Abe »  

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #52 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:28am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:00am:
And unless stated prior they (rules) can't be added either. Not that it matters much now....Then explain why this was allowed.

"There was a tie for the Bonus Point. The actual point total tonight was 43. RWB had 44 and Abe had 42. So I'm giving both of them 1 point."

As much as I appreciate the gesture, the rule was ....while not going over. Last I checked 44 is over 43.

Here's the rule:

4. The person who gets closest to the MNF "total points" that week receives 1 bonus point.

Never was the point awarded to someone who went over the total unless everyone was over it. then the closet still wins.

Undecided

https://www.charismanews.com/images/stories/2016/06/Donald-Trump-Smug-Smile-Reut...

No, it's always been this way. We've had similar ties in the past. It doesn't matter if you go over or not. It's always been whoever comes closest.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #53 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:28am:
No, it's always been this way. We've had similar ties in the past. It doesn't matter if you go over or not. It's always been whoever comes closest.

Once again I defer to you. Wink  Since everyone took what I said in stride without being snide or hostile, I'm more offended by walks unnecessary comment and his selective application of what he perceives to be his own rules. There was no need for it. No one else objected to what I said and BOTH Jas and RWB understood what I was trying to say. Jas was very understanding and diplomatic about it too.  Wink

I respected Jas's authority here once she ruled. The comment was a cheap shot and he just ruined it for 2 of 3 who won't make the playoffs.

My apologies to those that will be bumped from playing. I planned on letting this go and leaving this where it was left it with no hard feelings.

Jasmine wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 11:11pm:
Abe is definitely invited to keep playing, if he decides to change his mind about sitting out the rest of the season.

If he does sit out, however, that means that Admin, Bert and myself can still battle for that sixth and final playoff spot.

To the two that gets bumped, blame walks. I tried to bow out gracefully since the regular season was all but over. I don't appreciate cheap hits after a player is down. Especially when I'm that "player" (so to speak Wink) Cheesy

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:43am by Abe »  

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #54 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:47am:
Once again I defer to you. Wink  Since everyone took what I said in stride without being snide or hostile, I'm more offended by walks unnecessary comment and his selective application of what he perceives to be his own rules. There was no need for it. No one else objected to what I said and BOTH Jas and RWB understood what I was trying to say. Jas was very understanding and diplomatic about it too.  Wink

I respected Jas's authority here once she rules. The comment was a cheap shot and he just ruined it for 1 of 3 who would have made the playoffs.

My apologies to those that will be bumped from playing. I planned on letting this go and leaving this where it was left it with no hard feelings.

To the one that gets bumped, blame walks. I tried to bow out gracefully since the regular season was all but over. I don't appreciate cheap hits after a player is down.  Cheesy

Don’t worry about it. No one will get “bumped.” Actually, with your departure a playoff spot will open up for one of the three bottom-feeders: Bert, Admin or moi. I understand your reasons for no longer wanting to participate, so no hard feelings.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #55 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:19am:
Don’t worry about it. No one will get “bumped.” Actually, with your departure a playoff spot will open up for one of the three bottom-feeders: Bert, Admin or moi. I understand your reasons for no longer wanting to participate, so no hard feelings.

Thanks to walks comment... 2 out of 3 will now not get the opportunity. I was going to bow out gracefully but since he equates that to taking the ball and going home, I'll stay.

I'm not departing.

Quote:
To the one that gets bumped, blame walks. I tried to bow out gracefully since the regular season was all but over. I don't appreciate cheap hits after a player is down.

I should have said the two out of three that now might not get to play. Don't blame me. I was all but gone.

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:43am by Abe »  

IP Logged

Garden of Earthly Berts
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #56 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 3:20am
Print Post  
I can't catch a break....

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #57 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Garden of Earthly Berts wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 3:20am:
I can't catch a break....

Well, at least you to win a week. I was completely shut out.

Then again, I have one more week...  Smiley

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Reply #58 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 2:37am:
Thanks to walks comment... 2 out of 3 will now not get the opportunity. I was going to bow out gracefully but since he equates that to taking the ball and going home, I'll stay.

I'm not departing.

I should have said the two out of three that now might not get to play. Don't blame me. I was all but gone.

Quit your bitching and do what I'm doing I know I can't  catch Josie but you and I are only 3 points behind Walks I'm gunning for 2nd place and a bye week. THEN I'm looking to take Joise out and win the championship game. HEY it sounds good on paper anyway  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2017 at 4:33am by RWB »  

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #59 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 11:33am
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 8:02pm:
Quit your bitching and do what I'm doing I know I can't  catch Josie but you and I are only 3 points behind Walks I'm gunning for 2nd place and a bye week. THEN I'm looking to take Joise out and win the championship game. HEY it sounds good on paper anyway  Cheesy

You got your wish. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereSports Forum › NFL Picks: Week 13

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules