Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › SCOTUS to begin to hear oral arguments: Wedding cakes v. religious beliefs?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) SCOTUS to begin to hear oral arguments: Wedding cakes v. religious beliefs? (Read 663 times)
USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: SCOTUS to begin to hear oral arguments: Wedding cakes v. religious beliefs?
Reply #50 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:07pm
Print Post  

a BAKER is not a priest, rabbi or pastor & a BAKERY is NOT a place of worship, unless perhaps the Pillsbury Dough Boy is believed to be the savior. 

many "believers" used their religious beliefs to discriminate against blacks just as they are now using them to discriminate against LGBTQs.

in the words of men far smarter than myself All Men Are Created Equal. I for one think that they should be treated equally.

IP Logged

The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Reply #51 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 7:19pm:
Why aren't they bound to this mythical contract?

There is nothing mythical about a business license ..  of which a church does not require for obvious reasons ..  which brings us to the answer of your question.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #52 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:07pm:
a BAKER is not a priest, rabbi or pastor & a BAKERY is NOT a place of worship, unless perhaps the Pillsbury Dough Boy is believed to be the savior. 

many "believers" used their religious beliefs to discriminate against blacks just as they are now using them to discriminate against LGBTQs.

in the words of men far smarter than myself All Men Are Created Equal. I for one think that they should be treated equally.

So your First Amendment rights end when you walk out of the church.  The libtardetry gets ever more confused.   Smiley

IP Logged

The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Reply #53 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
, unless perhaps the Pillsbury Dough Boy is believed to be the savior.

Little known fact .. .. ..

Many once believed Poppin' Fresh to be the messiah but attempts to nail him to a cross proved to be a bit too tedious as the "dough" boy was constantly sliding off the nails.

Afterwards Pontius Pilate was heard to say... "I should have baked him first."..

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #54 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:40pm
Print Post  

is that how we got hot cross buns    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #55 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:41pm
Print Post  

So if he slapped a religious sounding title and set of rituals on his business, he can get out of these various requirements?  Like I said, arbitrary.

Quote:

But not this guy.  He is using them to discriminate against certain ways of expressing himself.  He is willing to and does sell things to people without regard for their LGBTQ status.  Most times, probably without knowing.

Quote:

Before the law, yes.  Which is why a same sex marriage participant should not be placed above a Christian man before the law.  Which is what is happening when the Christian man is forced to associate on the whims of the same sex marriage participant.  I prefer that the law treat them equally, rather than bestow some privilege on one to be used to dictate to the other.

The Wreath of Khan wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:09pm:
There is nothing mythical about a business license ..  of which a church does not require for obvious reasons ..

I am talking about the contract that has placed a person in the situation of "agree to the terms of this license or don't operate a business".  <--- that is not a valid contract.  It is entered into by force.  If one is not given the option to operate a business without associating with the bureau that issues the license, it is not a freely entered agreement and thus an infringement of one's rights.

Quote:
which brings us to the answer of your question.

No it doesn't.  It just restates your premise.  Your premise is that a church does not have to have a license to operate because it is not a business.  But, again, why?  Why doesn't it need a license?  Arbitrary.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #56 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:44pm
Print Post  

America is not a theocracy.

IP Logged

The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Reply #57 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:41pm:
I am talking about the contract that has placed a person in the situation of "agree to the terms of this license or don't operate a business".  <--- that is not a valid contract.  It is entered into by force.  If one is not given the option to operate a business without associating with the bureau that issues the license, it is not a freely entered agreement and thus an infringement of one's rights..

I understand that you think that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › SCOTUS to begin to hear oral arguments: Wedding cakes v. religious beliefs?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules