Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereSports Forum › NFL Picks: Week 14
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) NFL Picks: Week 14 (Read 907 times)
Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: NFL Picks: Week 14
Reply #30 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Walks and Abe,

In the interest of closure, you both have until tomorrow (Friday) at Noon EST to decide whether you are in or out. After that, everything is final. Thank you.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #31 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 4:56pm:
If I won now it wouldn't feel like a win, so ...

You're the winner in my book. The total amount of picks made during the entire playoffs doesn't equal one week of regular season picks...and you did that multiple times and won.

I offered the olive branch and it wasn'y accepted...so what can I say.

To me you were astounding and even if you get booted in the playoffs...you still are the real winner.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:24pm by Abe »  

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:43pm:
Walks and Abe,

In the interest of closure, you both have until tomorrow (Friday) at Noon EST to decide whether you are in or out. After that, everything is final. Thank you.

Here's the picks if it's going to get the martyr to play. If he doesn't don't blame me. No reason for him not to be playing. He's butt sore since he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Use or delete. Your choice. That's my closure. Sorry but that's the way I feel.

THURSDAY, DEC. 7:
New Orleans vs Atlanta

SUNDAY, DEC. 10:
Indianapolis at Buffalo
Chicago at Cincinnati
Green Bay at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Dallas at N.Y. Giants
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Carolina
San Francisco at Houston
N.Y. Jets at Denver
Tennessee at Arizona
Washington at L.A. Chargers
Philadelphia at L.A. Rams
Seattle at Jacksonville
Baltimore at Pittsburgh

MONDAY, DEC. 11:
New England at Miami

TIE-BREAKER =46
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2017 at 12:24am by Abe »  

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama Hillary Lynch and
James Comey for prison

Reply #33 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:41pm:
Wrong as usual. You insinuated that my question to Jas was due to me trying to beat you out of your second place finish that particular week.  I was thinking longer term and strategy. The strategy you don't like. It wasn't personal?  Why did you make the smart-ass remark? Was your comment personal? Yes. Was it justified? No. You were wrong about my intentions.  When RWB posted YOU felt that you were being "piled on" and wrongly thought he was agreeing with me. So what did you do? The same thing I had just done.

You made believe you gallantly stood aside for my benefit and RWB's when you weren't even part of what I was asking Jas about. For what reason? Why would I want you out? Why did you say you were out... right after I had just said the same thing?  Undecided  Right or wrong I explained my reason. What's yours? Was your departure pre-planned or in reaction to me leaving first?   No matter how you spin it, you're wrong...but you're the good guy so... Wink

Now when you leave it's a "good guy" leaving.  When I leave it's a sore loser" and he's "taking his ball and going home". Seems to be the opinion on the politics thread.[/b] Sad

I said to you yesterday let's move on but I suspect you relish this idea that you're a perceived martyr who is trying to keep peace. You started it with your unnecessary comment. Then doubled-down.  So now you don't want to play even though I thought this matter was behind us. Since I started the whole sad scenario, I'll keep my word and go.

Now I am out so what's your excuse for not posting your picks now? Long way to kickoff. No sense in two quitting.

The point you missed had Jas allowed it and it worked was merely to boot the overall total before this last week. But of course that means I'm competitive and there's no place for competitiveness in a football pool. Undecided Roll Eyes Lips Sealed

Whoa whoa whoa Sparky I NEVER called you a sore loser I said quit your bitching and let's try to catch Walks for 2nd place and try and take the regular season champion Josie out in the playoffs.And I still stand by that statement. CHEERS  Smiley

Liberalism The incurable disease.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:09pm:
Whoa whoa whoa Sparky I NEVER called you a sore loser I said quit your bitching and let's try to catch Walks for 2nd place and try and take the regular season champion Josie out in the playoffs.And I still stand by that statement. CHEERS  Smiley

I see it just gets worse. I wasn't referring to just you, nor did I say you called me a sore loser. A loser wouldn't be in third place.  Fact of the matter is that I don't need to be told twice by you and once by someone else that walks is a nice guy. I thought so too. Never a bad word to or about him. Ask him why he needed to say it and why he needed to drop out. Not one person I noticed bothered to point out that had he NOT said it, much of this would not have happened. Undecided

The name is not Sparky either. I always refer to you as RWB. I don't need to catch walks. That would be competitiveness and it's against the spirit of fun. Besides my picks are there. It's Jas' choice to use 'em or delete 'em. The fun for me ended with walks comment.

Why is it that no one is asking him to come back? Apparently me repeating that a dozen times still doesn't cause a light bulb to go off. I said it was behind us and I posted picks. Did you see him comeback. No...he persisted in being the sacrificial lamb. Badger him, he's in second. The victory over him, not me will be more meaningful.

For a guy who some think so little of, funny how I'm suddenly needed to validate another's win. Josie is the one to beat. No one needs me playing to do it. He's logged on and can certainly play if he so chooses so future wins will be more meaningful. 

Maybe you can ask him who he is PMing since yesterday.  Any guesses. Lips Sealed

Now I would appreciate if we can drop this. 

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:04pm by Abe »  

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #35 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
THURSDAY, DEC. 7:
New Orleans vs Atlanta

SUNDAY, DEC. 10:
Indianapolis at Buffalo
Chicago at Cincinnati
Green Bay at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Dallas at N.Y. Giants
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Carolina
San Francisco at Houston
N.Y. Jets at Denver
Tennessee at Arizona
Seattle at Jacksonville
Baltimore at Pittsburgh

MONDAY, DEC. 11:
New England at Miami 41

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama Hillary Lynch and
James Comey for prison

Reply #36 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:29pm:
I see it just gets worse. I wasn't referring to just you, nor did I say you called me a sore loser. A loser wouldn't be in third place.  Fact of the matter is that I don't need to be told twice by you and once by someone else that walks is a nice guy. I thought so too. Never a bad word to or about him. Ask him why he needed to say it and why he needed to drop out. Not one person I noticed bothered to point out that had he NOT said it, much of this would not have happened. Undecided

The name is not Sparky either. I always refer to you as RWB. I don't need to catch walks. That would be competitiveness and it's against the spirit of fun. Besides my picks are there. It's Jas' choice to use 'em or delete 'em. The fun for me ended with walks comment.

Why is it that no one is asking him to come back? Apparently me repeating that a dozen times still doesn't cause a light bulb to go off. I said it was behind us and I posted picks. Did you see him comeback. No...he persisted in being the sacrificial lamb. Badger him, he's in second. The victory over him, not me will be more meaningful.

For a guy who some think so little of, funny how I'm suddenly needed to validate another's win. Josie is the one to beat. No one needs me playing to do it. He's logged on and can certainly play if he so chooses so future wins will be more meaningful. 

Maybe you can ask him who he is PMing since yesterday.  Any guesses. Lips Sealed

Now I would appreciate if we can drop this. 

OK 1st thing I apologize Abe. if I offended you by calling you Sparky it's just a funny saying I hear all the time.#2 My mistake was reading your comment about Walks being the good guy and you being the sore loser and taking it personally since I'm the one who called Walks the good guy.#3 I'm the one pm'ing Walks trying to get him to stay in the game because just like you I'm very competitive and want to know I beat the rest of the field fair and square.I did that in my 30 years of auto racing also. To be the best you first have to beat the best is my motto. #4 it's dropped.
PEACE OUT.

Liberalism The incurable disease.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:06pm:
OK 1st thing I apologize Abe. if I offended you by calling you Sparky it's just a funny saying I hear all the time.#2 My mistake was reading your comment about Walks being the good guy and you being the sore loser and taking it personally since I'm the one who called Walks the good guy.#3 I'm the one pm'ing Walks trying to get him to stay in the game because just like you I'm very competitive and want to know I beat the rest of the field fair and square.I did that in my 30 years of auto racing also. To be the best you first have to beat the best is my motto. #4 it's dropped.
PEACE OUT.

I like you RWB. No offense taken. Not for anything you are PMing him to stay yet the distinct feeling I get is I'm to blame for this, not his comment or the fact that he's the one who refused to play after I said it's over and let's move forward. Not saying that is you or anyone in particular. Just a gut feeling. Not buying this narrative that he did it to help anyone. He never said a word about dropping out until after I raised a question and actually did drop out.

My picks are there if Jas wishes to use them to complete the regular season. Doesn'tmatter to me.

Sad conclusion and a likely inconclusive end to a season I was enjoying. There will be lingering doubt now as to what would have happened had we all played.  I feel bad mostly for Josie. It would have been fun to go head to head with her had I gone that far.  Sad

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:34pm by Abe »  

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #38 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:23pm:
I like you RWB. No offense taken. Not for anything you are PMing him to stay yet the distinct feeling I get is I'm to blame for this, not his comment or the fact that he's the one who refused to play after I said it's over and let's move forward. Not saying that is you or anyone in particular. Just a gut feeling. Not buying this narrative that he did it to help anyone. He never said a word about dropping out until after I raised a question and actually did drop out.

My picks are there if Jas wishes to use them to complete the regular season. Doesn'tmatter to me.

Sad conclusion and a likely inconclusive end to a season I was enjoying. There will be lingering doubt now as to what would have happened had we all played.  I feel bad mostly for Josie. It would have been fun to go head to head with her had I gone that far.  Sad

No, this not up to me. As I said, you and Walks have until Noon tomorrow to confirm whether you are in or out. Thank you.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 1:02am:
No, this not up to me. As I said, you and Walks have until Noon tomorrow to confirm whether you are in or out. Thank you.

I posted something else but on second thought, I'm in and I stand by the picks I submitted before tonight's game. I'll finish the season for no other reason than to not make whoever wins have a hollow victory due to me. I posted those picks at 7 PM before kickoff. So I'll assume tonight's game will count. If tonight's game is an issue please let me know. Thank you.

Reposted from Reply # 32

THURSDAY, DEC. 7:
New Orleans vs Atlanta

SUNDAY, DEC. 10:
Indianapolis at Buffalo
Chicago at Cincinnati
Green Bay at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City
Dallas at N.Y. Giants
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Carolina
San Francisco at Houston
N.Y. Jets at Denver
Tennessee at Arizona
Seattle at Jacksonville
Baltimore at Pittsburgh

MONDAY, DEC. 11:
New England at Miami

TIE-BREAKER =46
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2017 at 1:33am by Abe »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereSports Forum › NFL Picks: Week 14

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules