Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why do leftist-libbies hate the free market?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why do leftist-libbies hate the free market? (Read 874 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Why do leftist-libbies hate the free market?
Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Why do leftist-libbies have so much hate toward our free market system? Why are they so in love with government?

They want government to force businesses to serve people that they don't want to serve. Why won't they simply let the free market work itself out? If a business is "bigoted," lots of potential customers won't support that business and it will likely suffer for it, thereby forcing business owners to possibly rethink their policies. That's the free market at work.

They want government to force businesses to pay workers a minimum wage. Why won't they let the free market work itself out? Private businesses would compete for the best workers by offering enticing benefits and wages, thereby raising the average scale organically. That's the free market at work.

Human ingenuity and the ability to adapt to new conditions have brought success to this nation - not government. What happened to make libbies so reliant on government?
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:02pm by Jasmine »  

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Pavarotti Sings John W Gacy
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Re: Why do leftist-libbies hate the free market?
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
They can't control it.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Pavarotti Sings John W Gacy wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:01pm:
They can't control it.

Good point.

Maybe they're afraid of the free market because, as you suggest, they cannot control it. They'd rather have government do everything for them so that they don't have to bother with things like innovation and ingenuity. They want a controlled environment where they don't have to actually compete for success.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

MJ
LNF Senior Staffer

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:48pm:
Why do leftist-libbies have so much hate toward our free market system? Why are they so in love with government?

What's a "free" market? I don't ask that to be cheeky, but your definition will differ from mine, and I imagine both of us support less "free" markets than TL, our resident Austrian libertarian.

I don't hate the market, and I don't love government, especially when people whom I feel are unqualified, uninformed and wrong are running it. But there's problems that exist that pose collective action problems and require a more centralized response to alleviate the problem. And if run correctly, government action CAN help solve problems. I fully expect many to disagree, but that's my personal answer.

Quote:
They want government to force businesses to serve people that they don't want to serve. Why won't they simply let the free market work itself out? If a business is "bigoted," lots of potential customers won't support that business and it will likely suffer for it, thereby forcing business owners to possibly rethink their policies. That's the free market at work.

Like small-town pharmacies, for example? If bigoted pharmacist runs the only pharmacy in town and doesn't feel like filling prescriptions to a (insert adjective here) person, is that person supposed to just go without needed medication?

Sure, other towns have pharmacies, but that's undue burden on the one needing their medication. Or eventually another pharmacist may open shop, sure, but if people die without the medication in the meantime, that's not worth it to me.

Quote:
They want government to force businesses to pay workers a minimum wage. Why won't they let the free market work itself out?

Because workers die from horrible and unsafe working conditions and crippling poverty. That may be worth it to some, depending on their ideology. It's not to me.

Quote:
Private businesses would compete for the best workers by offering enticing benefits and wages, thereby raising the average scale organically. That's the free market at work.

What's to stop them from doing that now? Just this spring I had two separate companies make me job offers where they were competing against each other, and I took the one with better pay, better benefits and better location. Free market at work.

Quote:
Human ingenuity and the ability to adapt to new conditions have brought success to this nation - not government.

I don't disagree. This is why I have no problem believing the market will adapt to laws concerning air & water quality, for example. The market will be fine, and in the meantime, we can have some basic niceties like roads, sanitation services, etc.

Cleek's Law: Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:11am
Print Post  

why do conservatives try to push their social beliefs down the throats of everyone & think that it's alright to discriminate against people that do not believe the same as they do?

bottom line is if you open a business to serve the PUBLIC then serve the PUBLIC, all of them.

and YES if a white supremacist wants a swastika on a cake or printed by a printer , who happens to be jewish, as long as what they want done is legal they should be served just as any other customer.

IP Logged

President in Exile Bama Beau
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Havana ball.

Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:19am
Print Post  

There is no such thing as a free market.

Never has been, never will be.

Proud member: Coalition of the Decent.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 3:22am
Print Post  

They hate freedom in general.  They proceed from the most ancient, barbaric instincts of human beings - they want to have power over everyone else.  The idea of freedom is, in historical terms, the most modern, revolutionary idea, that seeks to put the long, sad history of thuggery in the past.

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Why do conservatives hate markets?

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Always the same dialogue of the deaf as far as this subject is concerned.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 4:45am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 4:13am:
Always the same dialogue of the deaf as far as this subject is concerned.

Things have changed since November. Now conservatives are selectively anti-market. You would think that given their new distrust of markets, they would empathize with liberals...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why do leftist-libbies hate the free market?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules