Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why do leftist-libbies hate the free market?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why do leftist-libbies hate the free market? (Read 866 times)
wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Re: Why do leftist-libbies hate the free market?
Reply #70 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 8:58pm:
This is my professional area. I can tell you for a fact that food poisoning is the big fear, loss of sales due broken cooling systems is a close second, and injured maintenance staff isn’t on the list.

That’s because of the financial mechanisms.

I’m talking about conversations at the top decision making level for the UK and Europe arms of international grocers you shop in.

The priorities are as I state.

I’m sorry if this is a discordant note against your ideology. 

And I'm sorry if you are offended by my not taking your appeal to your own authority as gospel.  But I don't believe for a second that these financially obsessed people have not considered the financial ramifications of a dead employee. 

Quote:
Simple maths.

Yes, simple math shows you are wrong.  If the possibility of a 150K fine is enough to pressure someone to spend 250K, don't you think there are other factors?  Unless these financially obsessed greedy geniuses are also mathematical idiots.

Quote:
The rightful owner had died.... want to talk to the pro Israeli people about their claim, or the dispossessed (2nd gen) Palestinians?

Not particularly, no.  What does that have to do with anything?  I don't support nation-states having control over the distribution of land, remember?

Quote:
Lol. So once the last relative of the victim of theft is gone, it’s ok to claim rightful ownership.

Shaky moral ground there.

Reread my post.  That part of it was a satirical depiction of the 100% inheritance tax supporters (who, for the most part, occupy the political left).  Thank you for pointing out the shaky moral ground.  Aren't you one of them?

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #71 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Oh, and IRT the OP's assertion, this leftest-libtard doesn't "hate" the free market, I'm betting everything I have on capitalism. As such, I'd like to see (((MORE))) regulation/standardization so businesses, big and small, know the rules and rates and can compete with less uncertainty. Here's an example of where government can really help the market, a single payer health insurance program.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #72 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 7:48pm:
I wouldn't say that the libertarian argument is that the property situation is just and that's it.

More like, just or not in its starting point, the proper way forward is not further theft and coercion, but a diminishing of the existence of theft and coercion.

Right, which is the same thing as saying "the property distribution is just enough that we're not going to bother".  If you thought it was too unjust, you would want to alter or alleviate it.  You don't.

Quote:
I (and I consider my self to be a libertarian) could get behind undoing thefts if proof of the theft can be found and parties made whole.

Would you support returning a huge chunk of Georgia to the Cherokee?  The Trail of Tears, less than 200 years old, is very well documented.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #73 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 8:09pm:
At which point the speaker said, he’d say to the farmer, “ok, you accept the principle of conquest. Put ‘em up, we fight for the land” (the speaker was a big guy, I would’ve been wary and I’m quite handy).

Coming from scrappy multi-racial mongrel stock with Scots-Irish/Borderlands culture, I would have conceded the land, backed down, then jumped him with a bat when he turned his back.

It's worth noting that the baseball bat is far superior to the cricket bat for beating another man senseless, which is yet another way that baseball is superior to cricket.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #74 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 10:33pm:
Right, which is the same thing as saying "the property distribution is just enough that we're not going to bother". 

No it isn't.

Quote:
If you thought it was too unjust, you would want to alter or alleviate it.  You don't.

Moving to a system of less government coercion and force IS the alteration and the alleviation I want.  You might disagree with the means, but you are wrong to say that I see the distribution of property now as 100% just.

Quote:
Would you support returning a huge chunk of Georgia to the Cherokee?  The Trail of Tears, less than 200 years old, is very well documented.

Sure, in the system I support moving to, they could bring a case before a court and make their case laying out the theft and prove which individuals or organizations have claim to land, what specific land they are the rightful owners of and who has taken it from them.  The court can then decide whether it has merit and determine the proper restitution.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #75 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 9:39pm:
Oh, and IRT the OP's assertion, this leftest-libtard doesn't "hate" the free market, I'm betting everything I have on capitalism. As such, I'd like to see (((MORE))) regulation/standardization so businesses, big and small, know the rules and rates and can compete with less uncertainty. Here's an example of where government can really help the market, a single payer health insurance program.

Like saying I love lemon cream pie more than anything in the world, so I hope they keep making s__t sandwiches.   Grin

IP Logged

President in Exile Bama Beau
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Havana ball.

Reply #76 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:09am
Print Post  

ATF/TL, your description or definition of a "free market" and the role for gov't seems to have evolved over the years.

May I impose upon you to give us a recap of those changes and perhaps a synopsis of the thought processes involved?

Proud member: Coalition of the Decent.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #77 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
President in Exile Bama Beau wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:09am:

ATF/TL, your description or definition of a "free market" and the role for gov't seems to have evolved over the years.

May I impose upon you to give us a recap of those changes and perhaps a synopsis of the thought processes involved?

I don't see a big change.

I still see the definition of a free market as a situation where people are free to buy and sell on their own terms, without legal privileges.

I acknowledge that not every government regulation is necessarily harmful. Those that are worthwhile I believe could and would be handled by the market, if not by the state.

We all like safe food and drugs, for example. And a trusted entity would arise to make sure these things were indeed safe.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #78 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 7:47pm:
A supermarket that has a salmonella outbreak loses customers.

A supermarket that has a refrigoration engineer die in a roof fall doesn't.

What do you think the supermarket does about the lack of safe access to the rooftop refrigoration plant?

Spend the £250k or fingers crossed about the £150k fine?

Limey, cmon. That’s the worst analogy. One has publicity the other does not.

Were u asleep during the B&p fiasco or Citgo Chavez boycott situation. Thousands of examples of consumers boycotting companies when they perceive the company is committing environmental or social harm

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #79 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:03pm:
I don't see a big change.

I still see the definition of a free market as a situation where people are free to buy and sell on their own terms, without legal privileges.

I acknowledge that not every government regulation is necessarily harmful. Those that are worthwhile I believe could and would be handled by the market, if not by the state.

We all like safe food and drugs, for example. And a trusted entity would arise to make sure these things were indeed safe.

Just like it did, right?  At least to the extent possible.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why do leftist-libbies hate the free market?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules