Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump to declare Jerusalem as Israel's capital
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump to declare Jerusalem as Israel's capital (Read 1,171 times)
Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump to declare Jerusalem as Israel's capital
Reply #30 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Walking in a Wally Wonderland wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 11:41am:
from my ealier response..

(snip)

" Oh, as far as your answer to question #2: Remeber the Six Days War, when all the Arab States tried to destroy the new state of Israel and Israel defeated all of them all on her own?  Israel kept the gaza strip and the Golen Heights to prevent being attacked inn the future.

Do you suppose if the Arab States had driven the jews into the sea as they had intended,

Would be demanding they give back they land they took in the war? "

also:

" When the 1949 armistice agreements were signed, they
affirmed demographic and territorial realities resulting from
the war. In terms of territory, the land that the UN allocated to
the Jewish state in the 1947 partition plan was enlarged by 37
per cent, from 14,900 square kilometers to 20,500 square
kilometers. Had Arab states accepted the partition plan in
1947 and established an Arab state alongside a Jewish state,
not only would an Arab state have been created in Palestine,
but the Jewish state would have been more than 5,000 square
kilometers smaller than it ultimately ended up being. In terms
of demography, during the 1947-1949 conflict more than ..."

https://israeled.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/1949-2-February-24-Israeli-Egypt...

Instead, they decided war was the way to go and attempted to wipe the new state of Israel off the map.    Angry

Notice where the areas now in dispute are located on this map of 1950 Israel as determined by the UN

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh280/wallyguy100/Israel/gz-150.gif

The Palastinians (as well as most of the other Arab States) still do not recognize Israels right to exist.  This is the only basis 'negotiations" can be held.

That doesn't really answer the question though - empathise a little, what would your approach be in the situation I described?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #31 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Trump is again taking on the role of disruptor.  His first approach to a problem is to smash it apart, and in the ensuing chaos position himself as the arbitrator.  He thinks that by pre-empting further negotiations, he will knock the palestinians so badly askew that they will have no choice but to petition for whatever consideration he feels willing to extend.

But the problem is that this is one-sided -- he's not disrupting the israelis, he's enabling them.  He's taking one of the primary points of negotiation off the table, and aggressively pushing ahead those that are gunning for a one-state solution.  Israel itself is far from united on this, and a large portion of their population is distinctly uncomfortable with the idea of remaining in the role of prison warden for the foreseeable future.

I find it disconcerting that this decision can fall to just the president, absent any real policy debate.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
The fundamental problem with Israel is that the profound injustices are never addressed.

This move does not help.

IP Logged

walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Reply #33 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Pavarotti Sings John W Gacy wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:28am:
Trump won.
Deal with it.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #34 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
This problem has been analyzed for decades.  There is only one real approach that has any chance of bringing peace to the region.  The israelis and a coalition of all the major arab states need to forge a Grand Bargain.

The arabs acknowledge Israel as a state, open full diplomatic and market relations, and agree to a regional security framework that addresses terrorism on all sides.

The israelis concede land for a demilitarized palestinian state, along the 67 line with some adjustments.

And security for the palestinian areas gets handled by an international force -- maybe the UN -- instead of the israeli military and intel forces.

If I were Kushner, I would be aggressively pushing that.  But Kushner himself has funded israeli "settlements" and has made no effort to reach out across the border.  Imperial overreach strikes again, and peace takes another long holiday.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama Hillary Lynch and
James Comey for prison

Reply #35 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
Why do we manage to have a reasonable and thoughtful discussion until you slither in?

I know you hate it when I Expose your lies. DEAL WITH IT or quit Lying it's that simple Knuckle head.

Liberalism The incurable disease.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:35pm:
The fundamental problem with Israel is that the profound injustices are never addressed.

This move does not help.

Well, Congress decided to have their cake and eat it, too, by saying the embassy should move to Jerusalem unless the president postpones it in increments.  Trump's the president.  He is up to his ass in alligators and needs some relief.  Setting off a bomb someplace else gives him some.  Plus it pushes a button his core support needs pushed occasionally. 

Trump cares naught for anything but Trump.  Whether it helps or hurts any other situation is irrelevant.  He thinks it will help his, and that's all that matters. 

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:42pm:
This problem has been analyzed for decades.  There is only one real approach that has any chance of bringing peace to the region.  The israelis and a coalition of all the major arab states need to forge a Grand Bargain.

The arabs acknowledge Israel as a state, open full diplomatic and market relations, and agree to a regional security framework that addresses terrorism on all sides.

The israelis concede land for a demilitarized palestinian state, along the 67 line with some adjustments.

And security for the palestinian areas gets handled by an international force -- maybe the UN -- instead of the israeli military and intel forces.

If I were Kushner, I would be aggressively pushing that.  But Kushner himself has funded israeli "settlements" and has made no effort to reach out across the border.  Imperial overreach strikes again, and peace takes another long holiday.

There will eventually be a peace accord but in the end nations will war against Israel.  That is a certainty.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Reply #38 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:37am:
So Trump must be doing something right.

Sure .. Technically, getting Israelis kill IS doing something..

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:53pm:
I know you hate it when I Expose your lies. DEAL WITH IT or quit Lying it's that simple Knuckle head.

Shush now.
You're boring.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump to declare Jerusalem as Israel's capital

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules