Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Stuart Smalley (Al Franken) Not good enough; not smart enough & people don't like him
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Stuart Smalley (Al Franken) Not good enough; not smart enough & people don't like him (Read 144 times)
The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Re: Stuart Smiley (Al Franken) Not good enough; not smart enough & people don't like him
Reply #10 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Walking in a Wally Wonderland wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:52pm:
What a Hero!

Liberals could try just denying the charges but that strategy only seems to work if you're pandering to right-wing douchebags .. e.g. Moore, Trump

IP Logged

I Wish You A Harry Christmas
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Re: Stuart Smiley (Al Franken) Not good enough; not smart enough & people don't like him
Reply #11 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
AmericanMom wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:53pm:
Franken isn't quitting, Bets are on that he will reverse his resignation within 10 days..

From the protest yesterday and his resignation today, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is all a setup to "reform" the Democrats for the 2018 elections. If it weren't for the elections, I don't think the Democrats would care.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #12 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Walking in a Wally Wonderland wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:52pm:
Democrats are planning a come back by painting themselves as Holier Than Thou and smearing All Republicans for any mere accusations of any individual Republicans inappropriate sexual misconduct. Al Franken (aka Stuart Smaley) made it quite clear that even though the allegations against him are not all true, that because of the seriousness of any woman's charges he is going to fall on his sword to champion woman's rights!  What a Hero!

Franken made this a Wellstone moment by even bringing up this Dead Libby ICON in his speech!

Franken is the pawn. The Democrats are thinking strategy and long term as well as Moor in the short run. 38 Dems didn't just find their consciences. All politics.

Can you see the writing on the wall?  All the allegations against Trump will be rehashed again in 2020 and they will point to Franken's resignation as moral high ground. If Moore wins and he gets to stay then the talking point becomes applicable to the whole party.

Should Moore win, Franken can rescind his resignation but Franken's return isn't the silver lining for the Dems. The talking point will be gold for them in 2020. So they think...it didn't work last time and likely won't the next time.

IP Logged

Walking in a Wally Wonderland
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #13 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
The Wreath of Khan wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:00pm:
Liberals could try just denying the charges but that strategy only seems to work if you're pandering to right-wing douchebags .. e.g. Moore, Trump

I recommend you watch Senator Franken's performance in the Well of the Senate.  He said that some of the things he is accused of were untrue (meaning the victims are lying) while other accusers recalled things differently than he recalls them.  He basically read a prepared script which admitted nothing but accused others based upon no real evidence of wrongdoing.  Senators are not liable for their statements made in the well o the Senate and are free to say anything (except against another member of the Senate).  He said that he will resign then say he will in a few weeks.  Typical Liberal Bullshitting!

What a Hero!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

The Wreath of Khan
LNF Representative2

Wrong head.

Reply #14 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Walking in a Wally Wonderland wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:07pm:
What a Hero! 

When will Trump and Moore be a hero ...?

IP Logged

I Wish You A Harry Christmas
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #15 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
The Wreath of Khan wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:12pm:
When will Trump and Moore be a hero ...?

They aren't, as Greg terms it, stand up guys, like Franken.

IP Logged

AmericanMom
LNF Representative2

Reply #16 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
I Wish You A Harry Christmas wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:02pm:
From the protest yesterday and his resignation today, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is all a setup to "reform" the Democrats for the 2018 elections. If it weren't for the elections, I don't think the Democrats would care.

he didn't take the opportunity to apologize to the women he molested and if fact called there truthfulness into question and he talked more about himself than anything else, if he truly was apologetic and remorseful he would have walked out of that chamber no longer a Senator. He will not quit.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
AmericanMom wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:00pm:
he didn't take the opportunity to apologize to the women he molested and if fact called there truthfulness into question and he talked more about himself than anything else, if he truly was apologetic and remorseful he would have walked out of that chamber no longer a Senator. He will not quit.

he's already announced he's quitting.  this morning.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:07pm:
Franken is the pawn. The Democrats are thinking strategy and long term as well as Moor in the short run. 38 Dems didn't just find their consciences. All politics.

Can you see the writing on the wall?  All the allegations against Trump will be rehashed again in 2020 and they will point to Franken's resignation as moral high ground. If Moore wins and he gets to stay then the talking point becomes applicable to the whole party.

Should Moore win, Franken can rescind his resignation but Franken's return isn't the silver lining for the Dems. The talking point will be gold for them in 2020. So they think...it didn't work last time and likely won't the next time.

If Trump runs again in 2020 and loses, it won't be because of his pussy grabbing.  As long as he refrains from now on, that is, and I think he will.  Enough of the electorate doesn't care about that kind of stuff when deciding how to vote.  Party designation trumps it.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:04pm:
If Trump runs again in 2020 and loses, it won't be because of his pussy grabbing.  As long as he refrains from now on, that is, and I think he will.  Enough of the electorate doesn't care about that kind of stuff when deciding how to vote.  Party designation trumps it.

That won't stop anyone from dragging it all up again as a distraction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Stuart Smalley (Al Franken) Not good enough; not smart enough & people don't like him

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules