Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Has Anyone Here Been To A Creation Museum?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Has Anyone Here Been To A Creation Museum? (Read 2,588 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Has Anyone Here Been To A Creation Museum?
Reply #10 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 5:01am:
Well Seawolf, Here's a list of this guys experience and points. He has a better way with words than I do. Smiley

I also posted a link to the SD Museum in OP Wink Take a visual tour Grin Here it is Wink http://www.creationsd.org/

- God created the universe in seven days.

- There was no bad stuff in the world until that dick, Adam, ate an apple.

- Noah's ark was real, and it's stuck on top of Mount Ararat... but nobody can find it.

- Dinosaurs died in the Great Flood.

- The Grand Canyon proves that the flood happened.

- Scientists are dumb hypocrites because over the course of global history (all 6,000 years of it), they have had differing opinions on things.

- Carbon dating is bullshit.

- Races and different languages are the result of everyone running away from the Tower of Babel.

- Bats and a couple of other animals have no evidence of evolution in the fossil record, and this proves that intelligent design happened. (Not sure what the bajillions of other fossils prove, though.)

- Darwin was a douche.

- God stuff.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4wqemj/i-went-to-the-california-creationist-m...

I tried bit in his first paragraph I noted his vulgarity and disdain which reflects the context of his point.  Got no further.  It is best to retain readers by both sides respecting the others view.  After all, no one was alive to witness the start of life.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #11 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
I go to the Creation Museum every time I step out of the house, open my eyes and look around.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
I go to the Creation Museum every time I step out of the house, open my eyes and look around.

Good post.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
I said, “world’s first multi-storey Carp Ark”.

These gags don’t write themselves, you know.  Angry

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:31pm:
I said, “world’s first multi-storey Carp Ark”.

These gags don’t write themselves, you know.  Angry

It's the weekend.  I am a little slow even on weekdays.  Part of the aging process.  It took me a while to get it.

Suddenly I did, and I laughed. 

Part of the problem is that "car park" is sort of a Brit's only term.  But mostly, as I said, it's due to aging neurons.  Plus all these sex charges and political resignations is kind of numbing my senses.  I'll be glad when the Judge is either elected or not, and I predict he'll be elected.  The R's need the seat too bad for him not to.

I think some creationists do a real disservice to their insistence that the earth is only 10,000 or 6,000 years old (the different times are due to which genealogy one uses) in the face of overwhelming physical evidence to the contrary. I say some because not all to.  I know that for a fact because I am one, and I know many others.  Some of them have even written books, one of which I am reading right now.  But he's covering lots of topics, none of which are related to debunking young earth theory.  He just takes it as a given that the universe is 15 billion years old, give or take a nanosecond. So do I.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 10:04am:
Two "likes" of ever animal was chosen.

Say what?

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 6:54am
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:05pm:

I like that Wink Smiley

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 8:41pm:
Say what?

I meant to of every KIND.  Here is the verse, that is important because it is not two of every animal.

Noah Builds the Ark
Gen 6…18"But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall enter the ark-- you and your sons and your wife, and your sons' wives with you. 19"And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. 20"Of the birds after their kind, and of the animals after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive.…

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Putting these passages together helps us figure out what is being described by this term. When we talk about “kinds” on the Ark, we are referring to the original types of animal that God created. We believe these passages also imply that no kind of animal (or plant) will ever produce offspring outside of its created kind. Many biblical creationists believe that the kind boundary is frequently at the family level of our modern taxonomy. In a helpful article on the subject, Dr. Georgia Purdom stated that a kind “represents the basic reproductive boundary of an organism. That is, the offspring of an organism is always the same kind as its parents, even though it may display considerable variation.” This variation is important so animals can fill the earth and adapt to the different environments that exist today.1 However, evolution (in a molecules-to-man sense) would be impossible since one kind of animal could never give rise to an entirely different kind.

https://answersingenesis.org/creation-science/baraminology/what-does-two-of-ever...

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 13th, 2017 at 5:19pm:
I meant to of every KIND.  Here is the verse, that is important because it is not two of every animal.

Noah Builds the Ark
Gen 6…18"But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall enter the ark-- you and your sons and your wife, and your sons' wives with you. 19"And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. 20"Of the birds after their kind, and of the animals after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive.…

What happened to the insects? Most of them wouldn't have survived a flood and they're certainly too specific to their peculiar environment to survive very long outside of it.

What about the freshwater fish? after the flood had caused the oceans and the rivers to mingle, they would have found themselves in salted water where most of them would have died...

Did god just recreate them? Why bother with an ark then?

There are myriads of questions like that that your kind doesn't ever stop to think about.

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Has Anyone Here Been To A Creation Museum?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules