Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Has Anyone Here Been To A Creation Museum?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Has Anyone Here Been To A Creation Museum? (Read 2,587 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Has Anyone Here Been To A Creation Museum?
Reply #140 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Dec 25th, 2017 at 6:51am:
That would be a no Wink

I hear there's a nice big one in Kentucky. Wink

Not too far from Virginia Wink

I want to see if you can keep a straight face Wink

Let me set you straight Luther, God has worked in the life of my son and my family.  If you choose not to believe in his son, that is your prerogative but there will be a day of judgement for all of us.  I am no here to argue about if there is a God or not, it is settled for me.  I pray that you and others will come to know him because God has no desire to see anyone to perish, but we all have free will.  God is not going to drag anyone to heaven.
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2017 at 9:17pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #141 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 8:46pm:
You an dI have had this conversation, I am going to use the Bible because Christ made it very clear many will be deceived.  The ONLY way you can avoid being deceived is to be in God's word.  That means reading it daily and studying it yourself.  By the way, the end of times Jesus was clear that many who believe will be deceived.  If it's not in the Bible, you are being mislead and there are very serious consequences for those who do this.  Does not matter if it's Catholic or Protestant.

Well, the Catholic Church has existed for the better part of 2,000 years, I do not think it is likely that the 'deception' therefore is the teaching of the Catholic Church.

Look around you, what are people being deceived by?  They are being deceived by values ultimately derived from a materialist worldview, not by the teachings of the Catholic Church.

All the evil, anti-traditional things we see around us are ultimately the results of materialism: it is materialism and all the philosophies contingent upon it, that are deceiving people. 

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #142 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 8:38pm:
I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but Frank is completely right. 

Well, as they say, sometimes even the blind squirrel gets a nut.

Though in fact I am right far more often that you realize!   Cheesy  Tongue  Grin

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #143 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 3:12pm:
Well, the Catholic Church has existed for the better part of 2,000 years, I do not think it is likely that the 'deception' therefore is the teaching of the Catholic Church.

Look around you, what are people being deceived by?  They are being deceived by values ultimately derived from a materialist worldview, not by the teachings of the Catholic Church.

All the evil, anti-traditional things we see around us are ultimately the results of materialism: it is materialism and all the philosophies contingent upon it, that are deceiving people. 

You are correct in that the values of society are having more of an influence on the church then the church is having on society.  Of course, that was foretold and has been a repeating problem.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #144 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 5:57pm:
You are correct in that the values of society are having more of an influence on the church then the church is having on society. 

Exactly.

Mostly the churches are just holding out at best, and many are allowing themselves to be corrupted by modern errors and are even propagating these errors themselves.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #145 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 3:14pm:
Well, as they say, sometimes even the blind squirrel gets a nut.

Though in fact I am right far more often that you realize!   Cheesy  Tongue  Grin

...and you’re wrong more often than you realise but we still love you.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

Reply #146 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:20am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 25th, 2017 at 9:06pm:
Let me set you straight Luther, God has worked in the life of my son and my family.  If you choose not to believe in his son, that is your prerogative but there will be a day of judgement for all of us.  I am no here to argue about if there is a God or not, it is settled for me.  I pray that you and others will come to know him because God has no desire to see anyone to perish, but we all have free will.  God is not going to drag anyone to heaven.

Quote:
God has worked in the life of my son and my family.

Having been a former Christian, I understand why you would believe that.

Quote:
If you choose not to believe in his son,

I believe there was a Jesus, a man and not the son of God
Quote:
I am no here to argue about if there is a God or not

No question there is a God or creator .

Christianity is just another religion of many religions. It's a cult, 'follower' of someone. In this case 'following' Jesus

I'm not against it, and I believe it has a place in society

Knock yourself out Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #147 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:04am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:20am:
Having been a former Christian, I understand why you would believe that.

I believe there was a Jesus, a man and not the son of God

No question there is a God or creator .

Christianity is just another religion of many religions. It's a cult, 'follower' of someone. In this case 'following' Jesus

I'm not against it, and I believe it has a place in society

Knock yourself out Wink

Thank you for your permission and no, I honestly don't think you do. You have not walked in my shoes nor experienced what my wife and I went through.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #148 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 5:57pm:
You are correct in that the values of society are having more of an influence on the church then the church is having on society.  Of course, that was foretold and has been a repeating problem.

To paraphrase the Book, "When one mixes the secular with the sacred, the sacred suffers."  Which is why traditions of Christmas, allegedly a celebration of the birth of Christ, have so little to do with that event.

IO, Saturnalia!

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Representative3

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #149 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:04am:
nor experienced what my wife and I went through. 

I knew I was right... 

Fiddler wrote on Dec 19th, 2017 at 11:05am:
Let me try.. 

You were a somewhat normal individual until _________ (insert tragedy here) and rather than dealing with it you convinced yourself that if you'd renounce reason you'd be released from being seen as responsible for your situation.

How close is that?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Has Anyone Here Been To A Creation Museum?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules