Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Israel Celebrates.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Israel Celebrates. (Read 461 times)
billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Israel Celebrates.
Reply #10 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 6:39pm:
Ok, I watched it. Thank you.

It's a bit misrepresented, which is might be why I couldn't find it. I was googling his name plus "Florida" and phrases like "end times."

For one thing, the quote isn't even that coherent. It starts one way, goes somewhere else in the middle and then wraps up oddly.

Look at that quote. The most literal meaning would be that the reason he heard about what Trump did was because Trump did it.

While literally true, this is ridiculous.

In addition, the crowd readily applauded "the King of Kings," but there was a noticeable pause before the applause at the end. In other words, it seemed more like a polite applause at an obvious "applause moment" in the speech.

If anything, I think the crowd was as confused as I am. What does he mean by "I don't know about you..." and what is the "it" in "it is because"? Jesus' return?

Regardless of one's opinion on eschatology, I don't think anybody believes Jesus needs to wait for someone to declare Jerusalem the capitol in order to do anything.

This was a clumsy, barely coherent quote. I wouldn't take the applause to mean anything other than he paused to wait for it. I seriously am not 100% sure what his point was.

There's a possibility that he isn't either.

Speech off the cuff, or speech with code words is often incoherent when seen in print - just look at almost anything that has spewed out of Thumper's mouth or though his twits.

Broxson is a local whack, always has been, always will be.

His words, his intent are in the phrase below.

"where our soon coming King is coming back to Jerusalem, it is because President Trump declared Jerusalem to be capital of Israel,” Sen. Broxson predicted.

Question for you, why else does this man have the support of evangelicals if not to bring about the end times. Enough of those who bless, praise and support also believe they will be raptured to heaven when Jesus returns, or some such fairy tale.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:35am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Speech off the cuff, or speech with code words is often incoherent when seen in print - just look at almost anything that has spewed out of Thumper's mouth or though his twits. But still we know what he means when he implies in a twit that Senator Gillibrand offered herself to him in exchange for his favour.

"where our soon coming King is coming back to Jerusalem, it is because President Trump declared Jerusalem to be capital of Israel,” Sen. Broxson predicted.

Question for you, why else does this man have the support of evangelicals if not to bring about the end times. Enough of those who bless, praise and support also believe they will be raptured to heaven when Jesus returns, or some such fairy tale.

Reckon I clicked when I should have clacked
Too bad admin took away the delete function
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2017 at 10:01am by billy.pilgrim »  

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #12 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Speech off the cuff, or speech with code words is often incoherent when seen in print - just look at almost anything that has spewed out of Thumper's mouth or though his twits.

I agree that that, or something like it, was likely his intent. My reservation is that that is such an absurd thing to say, that I can hardly believe he, or anyone else, really believes it.

Many evangelicals believe that Jesus is coming soon. Many of them believe that political events can make his return come faster than otherwise.

But to say that when Jesus comes, it will be because Donald Trump declared Jerusalem the capitol of Israel is just nonsense. I have read many books on eschatology. I'm not an expert, but I can say I've never heard anyone say that what the United States thought of Jerusalem made any difference whatsoever.

I think that's part of the reason why the applause was so awkward at that point. I'm not arguing that this Senator isn't full of it. I'm arguing against the idea that this video shows the crowd was celebrating the end of the world.

I think they were clapping at an obvious pause for applause. You shouldn't do that. You should only applaud that which you believe and understand, but being guilted into applause because of social norms is something most of us are guilty of.

Quote:

Oh, come now. He's a State senator. They don't support him. The vast majority of them couldn't have told you his name before he got on stage. They support the Republican party for a million different reasons and that guy has worked his way up enough to get to be on the ballot, something which almost nobody in that crowd had anything to do with.

Now, as for why they "support" Moore, that's a different story. They most certainly know who he is.

The answer depends on whether you want the political answer or the truth.

The political answer is that the hicks in the auditorium are eager to see everyone on earth burn in hell. They are foolish, bigoted and hateful. They think those women and girls should shut up and let a man do a man's job. They deserve our condemnation and scorn.

Many people on LNF will be pleased to back up that answer. They believe it, too.

It's not the one I hold, because for the most part, it's not true.

The truth is that too many politicians and pundits on both sides of the aisle have figured out that the easiest way to gin up support is to promote a siege mentality among their likely voters. If you can convince people that the other guy isn't just wrong, but is laying siege to your very way of life. That everything that you hold most dear is to be overthrown, destroyed, defiled, whatever. The other guy isn't your opponent, but your enemy.

The Democrat isn't just a liberal, he opposes God!

The  Republican isn't just a conservative, he wants to bring back slavery!

The Populist isn't just a loud-mouthed jerk, he's literally insane and has his hand on the nuclear button!

You/We are under siege!

I wonder how many people on LNF believe that at least one of the above statements is not hyperbole?

This crowd probably don't support him that much. If they were allowed to choose their dream candidate, Moore would be nowhere near their top 100. But when you feel under siege, you will vote for anyone who stands in the way of your enemy.

They don't support Moore. They support the one who they think opposes their enemy. Any warm body would do.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2017 at 6:49pm by Maestro »  

"For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child Himself."
IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
I agree that that, or something like it, was likely his intent. My reservation is that that is such an absurd thing to say, that I can hardly believe he, or anyone else, really believes it.

Many evangelicals believe that Jesus is coming soon. Many of them believe that political events can make his return come faster than otherwise.

But to say that when Jesus comes, it will be because Donald Trump declared Jerusalem the capitol of Israel is just nonsense. I have read many books on eschatology. I'm not an expert, but I can say I've never heard anyone say that what the United States thought of Jerusalem made any difference whatsoever.

I think that's part of the reason why the applause was so awkward at that point. I'm not arguing that this Senator isn't full of it. I'm arguing against the idea that this video shows the crowd was celebrating the end of the world.

I think they were clapping at an obvious pause for applause. You shouldn't do that. You should only applaud that which you believe and understand, but being guilted into applause because of social norms is something most of us are guilty of.

Oh, come now. He's a State senator. They don't support him. The vast majority of them couldn't have told you his name before he got on stage. They support the Republican party for a million different reasons and that guy has worked his way up enough to get to be on the ballot, something which almost nobody in that crowd had anything to do with.

Now, as for why they "support" Moore, that's a different story. They most certainly know who he is.

The political answer is that the hicks in the auditorium are eager to see everyone on earth burn in hell. They are foolish, bigoted and hateful. They think those women and girls should shut up and let a man do a man's job. They deserve our condemnation and scorn.

Many people on LNF will be pleased to back up that answer. They believe it, too.

The truth is that too many politicians and pundits on both sides of the aisle have figured out that the easiest way to gin up support is to promote a siege mentality among their likely voters. If you can convince people that the other guy isn't just wrong, but is laying siege to your very way of life. That everything that you hold most dear is to be overthrown, destroyed, defiled, whatever. The other guy isn't your opponent, but your enemy.

The Populist isn't just a loud-mouthed jerk, he's literally insane and has his hand on the nuclear button!

You/We are under siege!

I wonder how many people on LNF believe that at least one of the above statements is not hyperbole?

This crowd probably don't support him that much. If they were allowed to choose their dream candidate, Moore would be nowhere near their top 100. But when you feel under siege, you will vote for anyone who stands in the way of your enemy.

They don't support Moore. They support the one who they think opposes their enemy. Any warm body would do.

I’m not saying, “that when Jesus comes, it will be because Donald Trump declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel”. That is way too simple.

The Israelis taking over the entire city in spite of all past promises and the increased use of terror against the muslim population to gain illegal land to develop can be seen as being supported by trump’s statement.

You likely know more than I about evangelicals, but I see them moving more and more into crazytown. Haven’t Hagee and some of the more extreme ones raised funds to send to Israel in order to bring on the end times? I listened to a sermon by Ted’s dad about a war to be carried out to bring all of the world’s wealth to certain Christians. I believe Cruz was considered to be some sort of anointed one to carry this out.

Evangelical Senator Broxon was speaking to his hometown crowd – pretty much none were from alabama. Likely more knew roy and all support trump, but most knew Broxson. I agree that many were, as you say, uneasy about his let’s bring on Armageddon talk – that may have been new to them.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 6:11pm:

You/We are under siege!

And then there's this

Former Trump campaign adviser Frank Amedia, founder of the POTUS Shield network of dominionist “apostles” and “prophets” who believe President Trump was anointed by God, reported in a January 5 email that he and his wife had attended “a very small and intimate dinner meeting with Vice President Pence and his wife Karen” the previous evening.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/trump-backing-apostle-joins-intimate-dinner-w...

dominionist “apostles” and “prophets”

Isn't Cruz one of these crazies

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #15 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
No, Cruz is not.  Curious, why is this an issue with you about what any religion believes?  I do not believe we can accelerate the return of Jesus Christ as it is the behavior of the world that will determine his return.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:07pm:
No, Cruz is not.  Curious, why is this an issue with you about what any religion believes?  I do not believe we can accelerate the return of Jesus Christ as it is the behavior of the world that will determine his return.

I don't think so.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:07pm:

His daddy is. Like father like son.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:11am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:44am:
His daddy is. Like father like son.

I had the privilege to meet both men, very Godly men in fact. they visited our church.  I would say that he has learned a lot from his father and his father should be proud.  I hope and pray my son pursues God with all of his heart.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:16am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
I don't think so.

Matt 27:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man.

This is the hint that Jesus gives us as to the conditions of man upon his return.  In other words, the world will be in utter rebellion to God as they were in the days of Noah. I also look at Peter's message about God's patience and his desire for mankind.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people’s conception of slowness, but He is long-suffering (extraordinarily patient) toward you, not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance.

He will wait till man utterly rejects him.  This is man's doing but God's knowledge of our actions in the end that will bring his return and judgement of man.  The examples of God's patience and his judgement is repeated over and over again in scripture.  God gives us enough warnings to look for his return, short of rebelling against God, man ultimately will determine Jesus return to earth.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:22am by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Israel Celebrates.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules