Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Israel Celebrates.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Israel Celebrates. (Read 2,393 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Israel Celebrates.
Reply #70 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:18pm:
That doesn't prevent you from believing as you will.

Incidentally, here in Statist, borderline Commie England, children routinely pray in school and a religious assembly is compulsory at least day of the week.

Gosh we Lefties really hate religion.

Being a European I will not hold your ignorance against you both people from both sides of the political spectrum profess their faith.  It is not so much a left vs. right as it is more agnostic/atheist vs. gnostic or theist.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #71 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
The HHS mandate violates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), a federal law that prohibits the federal government from imposing a substantial burden upon a person's exercise of religion—unless the government can demonstrate that imposing that burden is the least restrictive means of furthering a compelling ..

Example, forcing religious institutes to provide or cover birth control and abortions

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #72 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:28pm:
Being a European I will not hold your ignorance against you both people from both sides of the political spectrum profess their faith.  It is not so much a left vs. right as it is more agnostic/atheist vs. gnostic or theist.

There's deep water between me and Europe.

I'm British.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #73 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:32pm:
The HHS mandate violates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), a federal law that prohibits the federal government from imposing a substantial burden upon a person's exercise of religion—unless the government can demonstrate that imposing that burden is the least restrictive means of furthering a compelling ..

Example, forcing religious institutes to provide or cover birth control and abortions

Why are religious institutions involved in health care at all?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #74 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:47pm:

Because they can, we do not place limits on who can own what.  If the catholic church, for instance, can raise the money to build a hospital and attract top physicians, why would we impede this?
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:19pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #75 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:26pm:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

Please note the Constitution forbids Congress from outlawing our freedon to express our faith.

It also forbids creating laws that benefit one religion over another, or over non-religion. Through the 14th Amendment, the First Amendment now applies against the states, as well.  When the state funds something, it cannot benefit one religion over another. Prayer in public schools will benefit one religion (and probably one sect within a religion) over another, and so is forbidden.

Of course, if you really like prayer in schools, you'd be okay with adhan, right?

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #76 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:47pm:

They run health charities and own healthcare providers.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #77 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
It also forbids creating laws that benefit one religion over another, or over non-religion. Through the 14th Amendment, the First Amendment now applies against the states, as well.  When the state funds something, it cannot benefit one religion over another. Prayer in public schools will benefit one religion (and probably one sect within a religion) over another, and so is forbidden.

Of course, if you really like prayer in schools, you'd be okay with adhan, right?

Explain to me where the Constitution gives the feds power to regulate and fund schools?  This is another area of overreach by the federal government outside the limits placed on it by the Constitution.  Prayers in schools was never an issue till after the 70s.  We did not have a Dept of Education till in the mid to late 70s.  Seeing a connection?
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:22pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #78 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
Of course, if you really like prayer in schools, you'd be okay with Adhan, right?

It's a local issue, or it was intended to be.  If the people of the area preferred it why would I oppose it?

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #79 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 4:46pm:
There's deep water between me and Europe.

Meh, it's swimmable.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Israel Celebrates.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules