Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Disney to buy Fox?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Disney to buy Fox? (Read 363 times)
Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Disney to buy Fox?
Dec 13th, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Avengers and X-Men, unite!!!

From Variety.Com:

Quote:
Disney and Fox are racing towards the finish line.

The two media companies are expected to announce a $60 billion-plus pact this week that will see Disney snap up much of Fox’s television and film holdings. If completed, the deal will dramatically reshape the entertainment landscape, bringing together for the first time two of Hollywood’s “Big Six” studios under common ownership, all to give Disney the bigger arsenal of programming it needs to do battle with Netflix and other new entrants in the content business.

Full article: http://variety.com/2017/film/news/disney-fox-studio-deal-10-burning-questions-12...

What do you think the ramifications of such a deal would be? Would it really form a monopoly? Or simply a step toward one? How will this impact the movies we watch?

Personally, I'm just excited about the prospect of seeing a united Marvel cinematic universe that includes the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men *AND* the Fantastic Four. Think about all the crossover possibilities! I think Marvel Studios (owned by Disney) does a great job with their superhero movies, much better than Fox does with theirs. A revamped X-Man and Fantastic Four would be great.

I read somewhere that we'd see a lot fewer R-rated films from Sony because of the Disney influence. My opinion is, who cares? Good movies are good movies. You don't need to be R-rated to have a successful film.

I really hope this happens.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

MJ

Re: Disney to buy Fox?
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 12:38am
Print Post  
About the R-rated movies, I'm not for certain, but I thought Disney had two separate divisions now: one for animation and one for everything else. If that's that she case, I don't that think content would really change.

Cleek's Law: Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Wow. Months after I first posted this thread, it seems the Disney-Fox deal is *FINALLY* ready to close. I think this is great!

I would love to see a mega-movie that combines the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man and Deadpool all in one 2.5-hour film! That would be so awesome! Plus, now Marvel will have access to cool villains like Galactus and Dr. Doom.

I'm not familiar with what comic book storylines could be adapted to film, but why not just write an entirely new plot? Create a crisis that demands that all of these heroes join forces?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
The deal is done! Smiley

From newsarama.com:

Quote:
In a meeting Friday morning, shareholders of 21st Century Fox and the Walt Disney Company approved Disney's $71.3 billion bid to tak eover a large portion of Fox's assets, including 20th Century Fox's movie and TV studio.

The U.S. Department of Justice has already approved the transaction.

In separate meetings, shareholders reportedly approved the transaction in sessions that lasted less than 15 minutes each.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Disney to buy Fox?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules