Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › The Last Jedi
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Last Jedi (Read 716 times)
Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

The Last Jedi
Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Took a day off work to see it today with my wife. Totally worth it! Made me feel 9 years old again!

"For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child Himself."
IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: The Last Jedi
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Nice! Glad you enjoyed it, Maestro!

I'm more of a Star Trek fan, I guess. The only Star Wars movies I watched was the first trilogy on DVD, and I think I only watched about half of the middle one ("Empire Strikes Back").

I wonder how many other sequels Disney will be able to put out, or is this latest movie the end of it?

Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:23am: "I think a #16 seed will upset a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 4:33pm:
Nice! Glad you enjoyed it, Maestro!

I'm more of a Star Trek fan, I guess. The only Star Wars movies I watched was the first trilogy on DVD, and I think I only watched about half of the middle one ("Empire Strikes Back").

I wonder how many other sequels Disney will be able to put out, or is this latest movie the end of it?

It all depends on how much money they'll make with it. If it's a success, you can bet it won't be the last one.

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:55am
Print Post  
No, this isn't the last one. It's the second movie of the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, Disney has started making "stand-alone" movies, each one subtitled "A Star Wars Story." The first, Rogue One, came out last year and did really well.

The second, called "Solo" comes out next summer.

They also have a new trilogy in the works, which is separate from the main three trilogies.

So, it kind of looks like this:

MAIN STORYLINE: Episodes 4,5,6,1,2,3,7,8,9. Eight is the one that just came out. Nine may or may not be the last.

Stand Alones: Rogue One, Solo, Boba Fett (maybe) and others. These take place within the time frame of the "Big 9"  but are not directly related to the main story arc.

NEW TRILOGY: This may or may not take place within the time frame of the big 9 and, like the stand alones, will not be directly related to the main story arc.

Disney paid 4 billion dollars for Lucasfilm. They are going to make movies as long as people will come see them!

"For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child Himself."
IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 7:55am:
No, this isn't the last one. It's the second movie of the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, Disney has started making "stand-alone" movies, each one subtitled "A Star Wars Story." The first, Rogue One, came out last year and did really well.

The second, called "Solo" comes out next summer.

They also have a new trilogy in the works, which is separate from the main three trilogies.

So, it kind of looks like this:

MAIN STORYLINE: Episodes 4,5,6,1,2,3,7,8,9. Eight is the one that just came out. Nine may or may not be the last.

Stand Alones: Rogue One, Solo, Boba Fett (maybe) and others. These take place within the time frame of the "Big 9"  but are not directly related to the main story arc.

NEW TRILOGY: This may or may not take place within the time frame of the big 9 and, like the stand alones, will not be directly related to the main story arc.

Disney paid 4 billion dollars for Lucasfilm. They are going to make movies as long as people will come see them!

IOW, they'll keep going into that well until it is gobi desert dry...

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Dec 16th, 2017 at 5:10pm:
IOW, they'll keep going into that well until it is gobi desert dry...

It's what I would do.

Star Wars is Flash Gordon with a generous dose of mythology, a dash of philosophy and usually some other genre or two thrown in for good measure. It makes for fun, somewhat thoughtful entertainment and if I could make a billion dollars by making another 15 of them, you bet I would.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Believe it or not I'm weary of the franchise.  The first three were a lot of fun in the 70's and early 80's.  Now, I'm tired of it.  Old age creeping in I guess.  Too many of the same repeated plot devices.

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #7 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Dec 18th, 2017 at 9:33pm:
Believe it or not I'm weary of the franchise.  The first three were a lot of fun in the 70's and early 80's.  Now, I'm tired of it.  Old age creeping in I guess.  Too many of the same repeated plot devices.

Greg

You're weary of pure joy?  Shocked

Ok, I'm kidding. I love the franchise, but I don't demand that other people do.

Still, you're missing out...

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #8 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Really enjoyed this one.

Had plenty of elements that I thought were near the top in terms of Star Wars movies.

Had a few moments where I was disappointed.

Not sure what to make of the frequent jokey bits. A few made me laugh out loud, others made me groan a bit. But it was pretty frequent, yeah? More so than any previous episode.

If the electorate is corrupted dangerously by facebook accounts and fake news then democracy is an unfit form of government in this new, modern world.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 5:23am:
Really enjoyed this one.

Had plenty of elements that I thought were near the top in terms of Star Wars movies.

Had a few moments where I was disappointed.

Not sure what to make of the frequent jokey bits. A few made me laugh out loud, others made me groan a bit. But it was pretty frequent, yeah? More so than any previous episode.

It had more jokes, yes. We just watched it again today (took the kiddos this time) and my wife and I liked it even better than we did the first time. The kids of course had a blast.

I wouldn't want every SW movie to be super jokey, but I think the humor helps this one. The death of Carrie Fisher had the potential to cast a dark pall over the movie and make it seem maudlin. There were other pretty severely dark elements as well. The humor was a good counter-balance and kept the joy in it, which is the hallmark of a Star Wars movie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › The Last Jedi

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules