Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Interesting statement on my NYS local (town/county) Real Property Tax Bill
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Interesting statement on my NYS local (town/county) Real Property Tax Bill (Read 582 times)
crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Interesting statement on my NYS local (town/county) Real Property Tax Bill
Reply #20 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:32am
Print Post  
pennysworth wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:00pm:
One way would be to, have a program for new people training to be doctors, to agree to work in a clinic setting for like 5 years to help pay for their training. They would get part of the training paid for, that way. And help the poor have medical services.

Oh goody, another govt program, this one controlling more of our health care.  The other programs under the jurisdiction of the govt have worked so well (dang, there is no sarcastic emogi).  With govt health care, think VA hospitals!

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I'm tribal

Reply #21 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Internet President Bama Beau wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 9:36am:

Wally;

We live in the greatest state in the greatest nation in the history of the planet.
Or at least that is what we were taught when we were kids, remember?
And yet in this greatest place to live ever, we can't provide universal
access to quality basic health care? How can we pretend to be anything
other than a third world, backwoods Mecca for ne'er-do-well flag wavers
if we can't even provide access to quality basic health care? The answer
is that we can't. And since we must do at least the least that is required,
and more and more that seems to be the best we can do as well,
then we have to find a way to pay for it. I'd advocate for higher wages
and better benefits for the working poor. People like you will resist that
because of your willful ideological ignorance. I'd advocate for single payer
and higher taxes on the corporations and billionaire who are draining
the currency pool and hoarding the profits. Again, you'd resist that
in lemming lockstep with your partisan, ideological masters. So how
do we provide for access to quality basic health care for everyone? Do you
have an answer? Do you have a plan? Do you have a clue? Or do you just
what to bitch about it because basically you checked your brain and
your heart at the door the day you decided to become a Republican?

From the time government, federal government, involved itself in insurance, it became more expensive. Taking that fact into consideration, wouldn't the best path to make insurance affordable be extracting the federal government from the equation? Obamacare certainly didn't decrease the cost as promised and instead increased it.

The simplest solution is often the correct solution, and removing the federal government from insurance regulation not only makes sense, but it also is historically warranted given the history of cost increases undoubtedly caused by federal government involvement.

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

LTx3
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #22 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
pennysworth wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:00pm:
One way would be to, have a program for new people training to be doctors, to agree to work in a clinic setting for like 5 years to help pay for their training. They would get part of the training paid for, that way. And help the poor have medical services.

Student loans once worked that way. Professions like doctors and teachers would have part of their student loan forgiven if they worked in areas not served adequately. A lot of rural doctors got their start this way.
Then the banks stopped it.

IP Logged

LTx3
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #23 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:36am:
From the time government, federal government, involved itself in insurance, it became more expensive. Taking that fact into consideration, wouldn't the best path to make insurance affordable be extracting the federal government from the equation? Obamacare certainly didn't decrease the cost as promised and instead increased it.

The simplest solution is often the correct solution, and removing the federal government from insurance regulation not only makes sense, but it also is historically warranted given the history of cost increases undoubtedly caused by federal government involvement.

That's not true. You really should stop just making things up and learn to research.
You could start by looking at the huge costs Reagan put on our health care with his unfunded mandates.

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I'm tribal

Reply #24 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:05am
Print Post  
LTx3 wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:29pm:
That's not true. You really should stop just making things up and learn to research.
You could start by looking at the huge costs Reagan put on our health care with his unfunded mandates.

Somebody lost their idiot again.

IP Logged

LTx3
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #25 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:05am:
Somebody lost their idiot again.

I feel so diminished by someone who doesn't understand that not only do the Reagan tax cuts for the rich continue to contribute to the deficit, but that his unfunded mandates to the states also continue to drain taxpayer pockets. Some say this Harry person was drunk and missed the Reagan years.

IP Logged

Poor Wallys Almanac
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #26 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 6:21am:
And.... Wally still decides to stay there...

Nice Roll Eyes

America still is a free country.  Simply because anyone's government becomes wasteful and corrupt, doesn't mean we lose our freedom to live where we choose.  It simply means wither you suck it up and do nothing or you go ahead and join with others to reverse the pendulum swing!

This is our home.  We won't be driven out of it.  This is why we stay in our home state, even while our state's government continues to make it less and less ' user friendly'!

Do you really think we ought to just abandon our nation's wealthiest states to 100% control of the would be Marxists?  How is this good for America or for that matter, how is that good for the future of Conservatives, if we simply retreat from fights where the odds favor the opposition?  Roll Eyes

Until/unless Wall Street and places like Silicon Valley, relocate to Boise, I think you ought to consider far more than how your potato crop is going to support your state and local governments, or for that matter, underwrite the Federal Government.  Our job is to help shirnk government and demand our Public Servants to actually serve the people who are their rightful masters!  You don't do this by running away from the battlefields and allowing the enemy to occupy territory, unchallenged and unmolested!
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2018 at 11:23am by Poor Wallys Almanac »  

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

LTx3
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #27 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Poor Wallys Almanac wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 11:15am:
America still is a free country.  Simply because anyone's government becomes wasteful and corrupt, doesn't mean we lose our freedom to live where we choose.  It simply means wither you suck it up and do nothing or you go ahead and join with others to reverse the pendulum swing!

This is our home.  We won't be driven out of it.  This is why we stay in our home state, even while our state's government continues to make it less and less ' user friendly'!

Do you really think we ought to just abandon our nation's wealthiest states to 100% control of the would be Marxists?  How is this good for America or for that matter, how is that good for the future of Conservatives, if we simply retreat from fights where the odds favor the opposition?  Roll Eyes

Until/unless Wall Street and places like Silicon Valley, relocate to Boise, I think you ought to consider far more than how your potato crop is going to support your state and local governments, or for that matter, underwrite the Federal Government.  Our job is to help shirnk government and demand our Public Servants to actually serve the people who are their rightful masters!  You don't do this by running away from the battlefields and allowing the enemy to occupy territory, unchallenged and unmolested!

Wasn't that you who passed me in a 70ish land yacht with the Love It, or Leave It bumper sticker?

And what happened to run away harry. Poor guy must have been embarrassed about Reagan's back door tax scheme that Trump is using.

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I'm tribal

Reply #28 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
LTx3 wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:06am:
I feel so diminished by someone who doesn't understand that not only do the Reagan tax cuts for the rich continue to contribute to the deficit, but that his unfunded mandates to the states also continue to drain taxpayer pockets. Some say this Harry person was drunk and missed the Reagan years.

Your master lost you again?

IP Logged

LTx3
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #29 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:47pm:
Your master lost you again?

Oh Harry, don't tell me that you still can't admit that President Reagan used unfunded mandates to the states to raise taxes for services required of the states by the federal government.

Trump is doing it again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Interesting statement on my NYS local (town/county) Real Property Tax Bill

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules