Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Starving Koreans
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Starving Koreans (Read 300 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Starving Koreans
Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
From foxnews.com:

Quote:
Soldiers in North Korea’s army are being given months off at a time to scrounge around fields to find food, according to a new report that describes the dire state of the reclusive country’s food rations.

A photo purportedly showing North Korean soldiers rummaging through a corn field was published recently on Daily NK, a Seoul-based website that covers the North through a network of informants.

"The officers know better than anyone that they must feed their soldiers in order to maintain morale, and that rations of cornmeal with very few calories only serve to instill disillusionment among them,” a source from the northern Ryanggang Province told the website.

Other sources said many residents have been “expressing pity about the situation” and officers in Ryanggang Province have been "giving soldiers 2 to 3 months leave to gather food.”

The website says a poor harvest, a drought and international sanctions have left the government with reduced food rations.

“Even though the price of rice hasn't changed much in the markets, people are especially worried that the effects of international sanctions will continue to mount and soon cause even more problems,” a source told Daily NK.

Two North Korean soldiers have defected to South Korea in the last two months, with one of the soldiers found to have an enormous number of parasitic worms in his stomach. The worms, one of which was 11 inches, pointed to the hygiene and food problems that are commonplace in the Hermit Kingdom.

Full article: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/02/hungry-north-korean-soldiers-are-being-g...

When I first read this article, I laughed. I hope we squeeze the soldiers even harder until they all starve to death.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Starving Koreans
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
This has been going on for years.

North Korean soldier defects to South Korea, is shot ...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-korea-soldier-defector-shot...

Nov 14, 2017 · North Korean soldier shot in defection dash across DMZ. ... a possible provocation by the North Korean ... North Koreans have defected to South Korea ...

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

senecaII
LNF Representative

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 3:47am
Print Post  
https://www.nknews.org/2018/01/putin-praises-kim-jong-un-says-n-korean-leader-ha...

Quote:
Putin praises Kim Jong Un, says N. Korean leader has “won this round”
Putin calls North Korean leader a "shrewd and mature politician"

Russian President Vladimir Putin praised North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Thursday, saying that the head of state has outperformed his adversaries, according to the Kremlin-backed outlet Russia Today.

In comments made by the Russian President speaking with Russian journalists during a meeting with domestic media outlets, Putin described Kim as “already an absolutely shrewd and mature politician.”

“I believe, Mr Kim Jong-un has certainly won this round,” Putin said of the North Korean leader.

Kim Jong Un “has a nuclear (charge) and a … missile with a range of up to 13,000 kilometers that can reach almost any place on Earth or at least any territory of his potential adversary,” he added.

This is what is hanging in North Korean museums and how the North Koreans see the Americans :

Tongue

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 4:44am
Print Post  
Outrageous.

That’s a blatant misrepresentation.

The US only tortures Muslims.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

senecaII
LNF Representative

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 5:40am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 4:44am:
Outrageous.

That’s a blatant misrepresentation.

The US only tortures Muslims.

Recently yes.   
During 1950-1975 they trained on Vietnamese, Laotian, Cambodian and Korean people.

In the West we generaly see Nazi's in such role, interesting to see the other perspective.   
Is it wrong?  Probably not, just selective and usefull for the North Korean elite.

IP Logged

Wallyanna Bullish for America
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:06am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:36pm:
From foxnews.com:

Full article: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/02/hungry-north-korean-soldiers-are-being-g...

When I first read this article, I laughed. I hope we squeeze the soldiers even harder until they all starve to death.

This underscores why Kim Jung Un can't be allowed to further develop an arsenal of more sophisticated ICBMS.  He can't (doesn't) even feed his own troops, let alone the poor, starving Koreans.  Instead he spends all he can on developing WMDS, with the plan to eventually extort everything he needs under the threat of launching his nukes.  He's ruthless.

« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:32am by Wallyanna Bullish for America »  

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Jeepers, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

When I was a liitle girl, I didn't much care for vegetables.  My mom and dad always told me to eat them because of all the starving kids in China.  I never could correlate that with why I had to eat them, but it was best not to push it very far.   Grin

IP Logged

Wallyanna Bullish for America
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:42am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:22am:
Jeepers, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

When I was a liitle girl, I didn't much care for vegetables.  My mom and dad always told me to eat them because of all the starving kids in China.  I never could correlate that with why I had to eat them, but it was best not to push it very far.   Grin

I'm sure you grew up as I did, hearing about "the Godless Communists " under Chairman Mao, who starved an estimated five million of his pwn people by design, to instill complete control and obedience. For those who survive the famines the State creates, they become grateful to the point of fanaticism, when this same STATE finally has their military distribute food.  Communists have always followed this model, because it always works.  The Communist STATE keeps the famine going until the number of people left can be fed with their meager rations of stored food, which they set aside as part of their plan.  Warlords in the Orient have used this strategy throughout history.

When they care nothing for the lives of their own people, how can anyone think if we leave Kim Jung Un alone and allow him to continue nuclear weapons that he'll just leave us alone.  Furthermore, the South Korean people our our friends and allies, are we simply to abandon them to be starved into submission, executed and enslaved?

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

senecaII
LNF Representative

Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Wallyanna Bullish for America wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:42am:
how can anyone think if we leave Kim Jung Un alone and allow him to continue nuclear weapons that he'll just leave us alone. 

He HAS nuclear weapons and the ICMB's to deliver them, this is clear for all by now.

And obviously he is rational and much smarter than Trump.  (not difficult, most potatoes are smarter than Trump)  It is therefore not Korean Kim who is the danger factor in this 'game' it is Trump.
Kim Yong Un is a cruel dictator obviously but his motives and acts are very clear and rational from his perspective : to remain in Power, the Nukes are just his life assurance policy.

If the US hits Kim of make any agressive move towards NKorean Territory, the nukes launch.   That's how it works.  Wink

IP Logged

senecaII
LNF Representative

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 9:51am
Print Post  

Quote:
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says she thinks North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is "turning out, much more so than I thought, to be actually pretty clever."
Rice, who served under former President George W. Bush, made the remarks in response to a question about President Donald Trump's tweets on North Korea's nuclear program in a wide-ranging conversation with David Axelrod on "The Axe Files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvwaP9gVv3s

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Starving Koreans

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules