Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › U.S. judge in Nevada dismisses charges against rancher Cliven Bundy and his 2 sons
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) U.S. judge in Nevada dismisses charges against rancher Cliven Bundy and his 2 sons (Read 1,633 times)
Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Re: U.S. judge in Nevada dismisses charges against rancher Cliven Bundy and his 2 sons
Reply #90 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
They were chosen to ENFORCE the Constitution, not re-interpret it.

Wrong.  You have that backwards ..

As the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution.

SCOTUS

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Re: U.S. judge in Nevada dismisses charges against rancher Cliven Bundy and his 2 sons
Reply #91 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:58pm:

As the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution.

SCOTUS

You seem to think that a Supreme Court decision is always correct and cannot be overturned. How's your slave doing with that helping your wife get over her inability to vote problem?

Had an adult beverage lately?

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #92 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:00pm:
You seem to think that a Supreme Court decision is always correct and cannot be overturned.

You seem to think that you can understand English..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #93 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:58pm:

SCOTUS

Enforce means that they have the legal authority to overrule laws that are outside the framework or limitations placed on the Federal government.  The Constitution is a document that clearly defines the authority and limitations of the Feds.  Going back to this case, where in the Constitution does the fed have the power to own and lease land?  Pretty easy question and if it is not in the Constitution then they have no legal authority under the Constitution.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #94 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:02pm:

If you have a grasp then the question should be easy to answer, afterall he laid out the article that defined the role of the Federal government.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #95 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:02pm:

I do understand English. I also know the definition of idiocy.

You have no valid point, and yet you continue to post nonsense anyway

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #96 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
They were chosen to ENFORCE the Constitution, not re-interpret it.

This is a meaningless distinction.  They rule over the constitutionality of cases based on their interpretation.  There is not one single way to interpret everything in the constitution.  You and I would read the same document rather differently, I suspect.  Both of us would have read it competently, and both of us would come away with a different interpretation in certain cases.  Without a doubt.

If the constitution were so universally simple and straightforward to interpret for everyone, there'd hardly be a backlog of cases anymore.  The justices would read every case, issue a unanimous finding, and move on.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #97 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:09pm:
This is a meaningless distinction.  They rule over the constitutionality of cases based on their interpretation.  There is not one single way to interpret everything in the constitution.  You and I would read the same document rather differently, I suspect.  Both of us would have read it competently, and both of us would come away with a different interpretation in certain cases.  Without a doubt.

If the constitution were so universally simple and straightforward to interpret for everyone, there'd hardly be a backlog of cases anymore.  The justices would read every case, issue a unanimous finding, and move on.

The Constitution, yes you should capitalize the word, certainly doesn't give the federal government the power to own cattle grazing land.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #98 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:09pm:

Again, it has to be in the Constitution for them to rule in favor of the Feds.  Show me the groundwork for this decision.  Do not have time to go back and forth.  The children who grew up around the founders memorized and could cite the articles, unfortunately we have too many who are illiterate when it comes to the Constitution.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #99 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
It's easy to dupe an ignorant population.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › U.S. judge in Nevada dismisses charges against rancher Cliven Bundy and his 2 sons

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules