Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › If Trump does an interview with Mueller and lies, can he then pardon his own felony?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If Trump does an interview with Mueller and lies, can he then pardon his own felony? (Read 499 times)
MJ

Re: If Trump does an interview with Mueller and lies, can he then pardon his own felony?
Reply #20 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
Pardoning Flynn for example could be taken as evidence to obstruct justice, as it would potentially remove Flynn as a cooperating witness against Trump.

I think that boat has sailed. If Flynn was ever going to roll over on Trump (I imagine he has already, but we can't say with 100% certainty), he would have as part of arranging the plea deal he was offered.

Not that a pardon would come his way, as Trump and loyalty only operates in one direction, but at this point it would be of no benefit to Trump to do it.

Cleek's Law: Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily.

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Re: If Trump does an interview with Mueller and lies, can he then pardon his own felony?
Reply #21 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Nothing more entertaining than a wishful thinking thread.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #22 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
MJ wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:34pm:
I think that boat has sailed. If Flynn was ever going to roll over on Trump (I imagine he has already, but we can't say with 100% certainty), he would have as part of arranging the plea deal he was offered.

Not that a pardon would come his way, as Trump and loyalty only operates in one direction, but at this point it would be of no benefit to Trump to do it.

Yeah, I was just using that as an example. if Trump pardoned Flynn I suspect they would hit him with state-level charges and start the process over again anyway.

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Why is Trump going to pardon anyone?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #24 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Malice in Wonderland wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:02am:

I'm sure everything will be fine. No worries. Run along. Prefer not to have you wreck this thread.

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:17am:
I'm sure everything will be fine. No worries. Run along. Prefer not to have you wreck this thread.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'm still waiting for you to explain how the charge of money laundering will lead back to Trump but you keep running away.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #26 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 11:32pm:
And yes, I understand your argument on this. I just feel the difference between the two situations is such that a SCOTUS review would not be automatically out of the question for the second case.

If you mean would the SCOTUS review it if he tried to pardon himself, almost certainly, after someone sued him. And they'd rule against it, citing it was as absurd as trying to legally marry or adopt oneself, two other legal terms in which a second party is assumed and need not be spelled out.

They only way they might not is if they found nobody had standing to sue. In which case, Congress would impeach him for misusing his powers and almost certainly convict.

If you mean would they review it if he tried to pardon an associate or co-conspirator, I doubt it.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:27am by Maestro »  

"Have you ever noticed that? We base our assessment of the intelligence of others almost entirely on how closely their thinking matches our own. "

-Belgarath, from Belgarath the Sorcerer
IP Logged

Wallys Not Tired of Winning
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #27 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Malice in Wonderland wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:02am:

They are projecting based upon their on bias.

The President wants to get rid of this annoyance.

" “This is moving faster than anyone really realizes,” the person said. Trump is comfortable participating in an interview and believes it would put to rest questions about whether his campaign coordinated with Russia in the 2016 election, the person added. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mueller-indicates-he-will-likely-seek-in...

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #28 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Mueller knows that allowing Trump to submit written responses to questioning will only result in Trump's lawyers writing those responses.  Nothing will get resolved.

Nothing will get resolved with Trump submitting to live questioning either, but there is a chance Trump will screw it up.  No doubt he will be on heavy coke Diet Coke that day in preparation.

Mueller is likely doing this as a perfunctory final step in discovery -- if he didn't, he'd be accused of cherry-picking evidence and testimony.  In my opinion, this is a sign that things are wrapping up somewhat.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #29 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:57am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:55am:
Mueller knows that allowing Trump to submit written responses to questioning will only result in Trump's lawyers writing those responses.  Nothing will get resolved.

Nothing will get resolved with Trump submitting to live questioning either, but there is a chance Trump will screw it up.  No doubt he will be on heavy coke Diet Coke that day in preparation.

Mueller is likely doing this as a perfunctory final step in discovery -- if he didn't, he'd be accused of cherry-picking evidence and testimony.  In my opinion, this is a sign that things are wrapping up somewhat.

Things are, hopefully, wrapping up. This distraction, woven out of hope cloth, should never have occured.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › If Trump does an interview with Mueller and lies, can he then pardon his own felony?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules