Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump's Insecurities
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Trump's Insecurities (Read 681 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump's Insecurities
Reply #10 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:09pm:
Hell if he accomplishes that ... I might actually vote for him in 2020.  I expect to be living in a blue state by then.

And what I think is a sad testimony to just how far removed from reality the left is ... I know a number of Democrats who feel the same.  Every one of them works in the healthcare industry.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
PSYCH!

I think the 2016 elections have taught me the most important thing I can do with my vote for the next 5 presidential elections (Probly be dead by the 6th one out) is vote 3rd party.  I'll never vote GOP or Dem again.

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:09pm:
Yup.

And then the major media outlets made damn sure it would stick.  As they always do.

Queshank

Huh uh, OK

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #13 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:18am:
Maestro I've been thinking a lot about your suggestion that Trump's "insecurities" are his greatest weakness.

This latest go round is a perfect example of why I think his "insecurities" are his greatest strength.

People are now ... literally ... calling Trump a "very stable genius."  It doesn't matter that his political opponents are doing it sarcastically.  It really doesn't.  His supporters aren't. 

You're late to the party Smiley so you've probably missed my multiple posts pointing out how this is part of a strategy on his part.  It's science and marketing. 

Trump has now been branded as "Very Stable Genius."  And the media helped him do it.  Like they always ... crappity smacking ... do.  This current flavor of the month Trumphatred will fade in time.  What will people remember?  What's the takeaway?    Very Stable Genius.  People will still be associating Trump with that 20 years from now.

This is an example of how thinking Trump's greatest strength is actually his greatest weakness damages the strategy of his opposition.  If Trump's opposition is going to continue to be stupid enough to meet him on battlefields of his choosing ... they're going to lose.  And that's what I was trying to get at in that other thread. 

Queshank

Somehow I thought my name might come up in this thread!

But I'm confused. I thought threads like this were supposed to insult my parentage or something. Or at least claim I still live in a basement somewhere. All I see here is thoughtful discussion. Something seems wrong here...

Just kidding.

Ok, so you've given me something to think about here. I'm going to give it some thought before commenting much more but I do have one question and a comment.

The question:

Consider this tweet:

"Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book. He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!"

What is your view of this? Do you think that Trump plans this out, deliberately choosing outrageous language that he doesn't genuinely feel as a marketing technique? Is it mostly (or entirely) an act, something like a political Alice Cooper?

Or, do you mean that he is genuinely outrageous, is tweeting what he genuinely feels and simply knows how to market his outrageousness?

And now my comment:

I agree that his persona helps to get him elected. And, in that sense, it is a strength. The problem is when it comes to getting anything significant accomplished.

Most of what he has directly accomplished so far would have been accomplished by Jeb Bush* or any other generic Republican. I literally could have accomplished the rolling back of executive orders were I president and I wouldn't have the faintest idea what I was doing in the White House. Tax cuts, likewise, would have been accomplished by any other GOP President. Likewise the SCOTUS appointment. Now, having said that, he couldn't have done those things if he weren't elected, so I see your point. His outrageousness did indirectly help make those things happen.

But what happens next year? If he continually turns off centrist voters, enrages Democrats and embarrasses all but the Trumpiest of Republican voters, there will be nobody willing to be seen working with him after 2018. Standing up to him will be more politically expedient.

In that instance, Trump will be forced to follow Obama's route of decree-by-Executive-Order, which will make his presidency insignificant. It will be undone by the next guy.

Ok, that was a longer comment than I intended.

*This is not intended as an endorsement of Bush. I simply point out that his behavior could reduce the actual results of his presidency to those of a Jeb Bush (or less), which would not be all that remarkable.

"Have you ever noticed that? We base our assessment of the intelligence of others almost entirely on how closely their thinking matches our own. "

-Belgarath, from Belgarath the Sorcerer
IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 4:28pm:
But I'm confused. I thought threads like this were supposed to insult my parentage or something. Or at least claim I still live in a basement somewhere. All I see here is thoughtful discussion. Something seems wrong here...

Just kidding.

Ha! 

Quote:
The question:

Consider this tweet:

"Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book. He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!"

What is your view of this? Do you think that Trump plans this out, deliberately choosing outrageous language that he doesn't genuinely feel as a marketing technique? Is it mostly (or entirely) an act, something like a political Alice Cooper?

Or, do you mean that he is genuinely outrageous, is tweeting what he genuinely feels and simply knows how to market his outrageousness?

Okay now this is getting into the turf I've been living on for the past couple years and that has gotten me a lot of shit from leftists.  This is my favorite thing to talk about.  This is the area where I admire Trump for taking a rather common skill set that anyone can use, and has access to learning how to use, and takes the shit to insane levels.

I know it's trendy and really super fun to pretend Trump is this thin skinned tin pot despot in the wee hours of the morning typing out tweets furiously with spittle flying and blood vessels popping.  But I actually think he's laughing as he types most of them out.  And thoughtful and planning with the rest. 

I think Trump understands the cognitive process better than nearly anybody in politics, and deliberately exploits it.  "Sloppy Steve."  "Lyin Ted Cruz." "Crooked Hillary."  Nicknames like this won him the primaries.  These are names crafted for a reason.  The reason I know he does it for a reason is he tests them out.  He tried getting "Lyin Hillary" to stick as well.  But Crooked Hillary got the best audience reaction.  He tests these nicknames out and he goes with the ones that get the biggest reaction.  Sometimes he uses twitter to test them out.  But he's pretty good at it since he understands the underlying science so he usually nails a good one cold.  (Incidentally, all the people I've talked to in the past couple years who claim to have watched Trump's speeches and know what he "actually" said away from the filter of the media would be aware of this if they had actually watched Trump's speeches like they say they do...)

As far as where the generally outrageous or putting on an act goes ... it's both.  Trump adopted an effective style for getting what he wants decades ago.  And adopts that persona to get what he wants. The guy comes up with this type of misdirective shit on the fly he's become so good at it after years of practice.  "You've called women you don't like fat pigs, slobs and disgusting animals."  "Only Rosie O'Donnell."  Listen to the audience reaction.  That's what's important here.  And that's not a moron doing this.  Whole issue gone.  In 3 words.

I do not think Trump believes half of what he says.  But he knows how to manipulate people.  He's spent 40 years manipulating/conning people ... right in front of everybody.  He might just be the world's best at it.  (Irrelevant side note: To be honest I don't think there's much Trump believes at all ... "beliefs" are simply a means to an end in other people.)

Sometime I'll try to dredge up some of my "greatest hits" ... posts that simply annoy and bore everyone here.  But if you're curious, google search the following.

Robert Cialdini ... Professor of Psychology and Marketing at Arizona State University and author of "Influence" and "Presuasion."

George Lakoff ... Berkley professor and cognitive linguist at Berkeley, author of the political book "Don't Think of An Elephant"  (did you think of an elephant reading that Maestro?)...and pretty much anything he's had to say since the primaries started.

Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert's Master Persuader index reading list

Here's a good article on Think Progress by Joe Romm ... a climate scientist ... written during the campaign, who points out Donald Trump May Sound Like A Clown, But He Is A Rhetoric Pro Like Cicero.  He runs through several rhetoric patterns Trump uses and even has a section where he breaks down some of Trump's more entertaining tweets and says "Trump, however, is more Ciceronian than Cicero himself:" 

And he's not a Trump supporter. 

That's the thing that drives me crazy lately Maestro.  Individuals on the left have been screaming from the mountaintops about this.  It's science.  Trump's tweets.  His speaking style.  The rhetoric he uses.  It is all deliberate. 

And the rank and file left ignores it all.

Because you can't accept all that if you're too busy irrationally screaming "TRUMP'S A MORON" ... furiously with spittle flying and blood vessels popping. 

Those two things can't fit in a person's head without cognitive dissonance pushing one to the background.

And Trump uses that too.

(I'll get to the second half of your post after supper)

Queshank

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #15 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 5:41pm:
Ha! 

Okay now this is getting into the turf I've been living on for the past couple years and that has gotten me a lot of shit from leftists.  This is my favorite thing to talk about.  This is the area where I admire Trump for taking a rather common skill set that anyone can use, and has access to learning how to use, and takes the shit to insane levels.

I know it's trendy and really super fun to pretend Trump is this thin skinned tin pot despot in the wee hours of the morning typing out tweets furiously with spittle flying and blood vessels popping.  But I actually think he's laughing as he types most of them out.  And thoughtful and planning with the rest. 

I think Trump understands the cognitive process better than nearly anybody in politics, and deliberately exploits it.  "Sloppy Steve."  "Lyin Ted Cruz." "Crooked Hillary."  Nicknames like this won him the primaries.  These are names crafted for a reason.  The reason I know he does it for a reason is he tests them out.  He tried getting "Lyin Hillary" to stick as well.  But Crooked Hillary got the best audience reaction.  He tests these nicknames out and he goes with the ones that get the biggest reaction.  Sometimes he uses twitter to test them out.  But he's pretty good at it since he understands the underlying science so he usually nails a good one cold.  (Incidentally, all the people I've talked to in the past couple years who claim to have watched Trump's speeches and know what he "actually" said away from the filter of the media would be aware of this if they had actually watched Trump's speeches like they say they do...)

As far as where the generally outrageous or putting on an act goes ... it's both.  Trump adopted an effective style for getting what he wants decades ago.  And adopts that persona to get what he wants. The guy comes up with this type of misdirective shit on the fly he's become so good at it after years of practice.  "You've called women you don't like fat pigs, slobs and disgusting animals."  "Only Rosie O'Donnell."  Listen to the audience reaction.  That's what's important here.  And that's not a moron doing this.  Whole issue gone.  In 3 words.

I do not think Trump believes half of what he says.  But he knows how to manipulate people.  He's spent 40 years manipulating/conning people ... right in front of everybody.  He might just be the world's best at it.  (Irrelevant side note: To be honest I don't think there's much Trump believes at all ... "beliefs" are simply a means to an end in other people.)

Sometime I'll try to dredge up some of my "greatest hits" ... posts that simply annoy and bore everyone here.  But if you're curious, google search the following.

Robert Cialdini ... Professor of Psychology and Marketing at Arizona State University and author of "Influence" and "Presuasion."

George Lakoff ... Berkley professor and cognitive linguist at Berkeley, author of the political book "Don't Think of An Elephant"  (did you think of an elephant reading that Maestro?)...and pretty much anything he's had to say since the primaries started.

Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert's Master Persuader index reading list

Here's a good article on Think Progress by Joe Romm ... a climate scientist ... written during the campaign, who points out Donald Trump May Sound Like A Clown, But He Is A Rhetoric Pro Like Cicero.  He runs through several rhetoric patterns Trump uses and even has a section where he breaks down some of Trump's more entertaining tweets and says "Trump, however, is more Ciceronian than Cicero himself:" 

And he's not a Trump supporter. 

That's the thing that drives me crazy lately Maestro.  Individuals on the left have been screaming from the mountaintops about this.  It's science.  Trump's tweets.  His speaking style.  The rhetoric he uses.  It is all deliberate. 

And the rank and file left ignores it all.

Because you can't accept all that if you're too busy irrationally screaming "TRUMP'S A MORON" ... furiously with spittle flying and blood vessels popping. 

Those two things can't fit in a person's head without cognitive dissonance pushing one to the background.

And Trump uses that too.

(I'll get to the second half of your post after supper)

Queshank

That is very interesting and I'm definitely going to check out those references.

I feel like Agrippa to your Paul asking if you think to make me a Trump follower in such a short time! Probably not, but that doesn't mean I can't reevaluate my position.

You're making me question my views on Trump, which isn't all that surprising since the man himself made me question them during the primaries and general election.

The views I hold now are not where I started. Sometime I'll have to post a thread on the evolution of my views on Trump. You might even make me have to add a new chapter. Maybe.

Keep posting. You've caught my interest.

"Have you ever noticed that? We base our assessment of the intelligence of others almost entirely on how closely their thinking matches our own. "

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 4:28pm:
And now my comment:

I agree that his persona helps to get him elected. And, in that sense, it is a strength. The problem is when it comes to getting anything significant accomplished.

Most of what he has directly accomplished so far would have been accomplished by Jeb Bush* or any other generic Republican. I literally could have accomplished the rolling back of executive orders were I president and I wouldn't have the faintest idea what I was doing in the White House. Tax cuts, likewise, would have been accomplished by any other GOP President. Likewise the SCOTUS appointment. Now, having said that, he couldn't have done those things if he weren't elected, so I see your point. His outrageousness did indirectly help make those things happen.

No.  I disagree that most of what he has accomplished so far would have been accomplished by Jeb Bush or any other generic Republican.

A generic Republican would have wilted under the onslaught of the press and backed off in the fear of alienating potential future voters.  For evidence of this I'll point directly to the Obamacare repeal efforts.  Notice how when it was safe to do so every generic Republican went on record as saying we needed to repeal Obamacare.   

Even McCain ... the guy who scuttled the efforts in the end .. ran on "repealing Obamacare.  He even contrasted himself from his Democratic opponent by saying he would vote to repeal and she would not.

And what happened?  He actually made the argument that Democrats pushed Obamacare through without the support of Republicans ... and therefore Republicans shouldn't repeal it without the support of Democrats.

WTF??!  And nobody challenges him on this doublespeak lol. 

Most of the shit Trump has "accomplished" would not have been dared by a traditional Republican politician.  Overturning the executive orders of one of the most popular presidents in modern history AND our first black president??? That's racist!!  The arguments almost write themselves.  You know how many times I've heard people say the only reason Trump's doing it is because "He's jealous of Obama because people liked Obama better."  Jesus people have an enormous capacity for self delusion.  Doubly so in this case because people have fooled themselves into thinking Trump gives a shit what they think about him ... in the face of so very much evidence that he absolutely does not.

Quote:
But what happens next year? If he continually turns off centrist voters, enrages Democrats and embarrasses all but the Trumpiest of Republican voters, there will be nobody willing to be seen working with him after 2018. Standing up to him will be more politically expedient.

Who has been willing to be seen working with him so far?

Quote:
In that instance, Trump will be forced to follow Obama's route of decree-by-Executive-Order, which will make his presidency insignificant. It will be undone by the next guy.

Ok, that was a longer comment than I intended.

*This is not intended as an endorsement of Bush. I simply point out that his behavior could reduce the actual results of his presidency to those of a Jeb Bush (or less), which would not be all that remarkable.

I think you're kidding yourself if you think Jeb Bush would have immediately started dismantling Obama's presidency the way Trump did.  Bush would have been worried about getting the media to like him so the people would like him. 

Trump left all his fuks at home in that regard.

That's part of what is going to help him win again in 2020.

It's possible the "base" might not be motivated to vote for generic Republican candidates in 2018.  That's the double edged sword of Trumpism.  It only works for one guy.  Trump.  In fact during the campaign I said one benefit to Trump winning would be, nobody else can pull what he does off. The Democratic machine?  That's a franchise.

But that's not going to hurt Trump come 2020.  In fact if the Republicans AND Democrats start opposing him at every turn following 2018, he looks even more like the perennial outsider battling the corrupt establishment in both parties.

Queshank

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #17 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:04pm:
No.  I disagree that most of what he has accomplished so far would have been accomplished by Jeb Bush or any other generic Republican.

A generic Republican would have wilted under the onslaught of the press and backed off in the fear of alienating potential future voters.  For evidence of this I'll point directly to the Obamacare repeal efforts.  Notice how when it was safe to do so every generic Republican went on record as saying we needed to repeal Obamacare.   

Even McCain ... the guy who scuttled the efforts in the end .. ran on "repealing Obamacare.  He even contrasted himself from his Democratic opponent by saying he would vote to repeal and she would not.

And what happened?  He actually made the argument that Democrats pushed Obamacare through without the support of Republicans ... and therefore Republicans shouldn't repeal it without the support of Democrats.

WTF??!  And nobody challenges him on this doublespeak lol. 

Most of the shit Trump has "accomplished" would not have been dared by a traditional Republican politician.  Overturning the executive orders of one of the most popular presidents in modern history AND our first black president??? That's racist!!  The arguments almost write themselves.  You know how many times I've heard people say the only reason Trump's doing it is because "He's jealous of Obama because people liked Obama better."  Jesus people have an enormous capacity for self delusion.  Doubly so in this case because people have fooled themselves into thinking Trump gives a shit what they think about him ... in the face of so very much evidence that he absolutely does not.

Who has been willing to be seen working with him so far?

I think you're kidding yourself if you think Jeb Bush would have immediately started dismantling Obama's presidency the way Trump did.  Bush would have been worried about getting the media to like him so the people would like him. 

Trump left all his fuks at home in that regard.

That's part of what is going to help him win again in 2020.

It's possible the "base" might not be motivated to vote for generic Republican candidates in 2018.  That's the double edged sword of Trumpism.  It only works for one guy.  Trump.  In fact during the campaign I said one benefit to Trump winning would be, nobody else can pull what he does off. The Democratic machine?  That's a franchise.

But that's not going to hurt Trump come 2020.  In fact if the Republicans AND Democrats start opposing him at every turn following 2018, he looks even more like the perennial outsider battling the corrupt establishment in both parties.

Queshank

Ok, see my post in between your two posts. I'll give this some thought.

Thanks for engaging me in this discussion. I'm having fun.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:03pm:
That is very interesting and I'm definitely going to check out those references.

I feel like Agrippa to your Paul asking if you think to make me a Trump follower in such a short time! Probably not, but that doesn't mean I can't reevaluate my position.

You're making me question my views on Trump, which isn't all that surprising since the man himself made me question them during the primaries and general election.

The views I hold now are not where I started. Sometime I'll have to post a thread on the evolution of my views on Trump. You might even make me have to add a new chapter. Maybe.

Keep posting. You've caught my interest.

Okay one waiver I gotta throw out here.

I am NOT a Trump supporter, nor am I trying to convince you to in any way support Trump.

I'm (arrogantly and with delusions of grandeur some would probably say) trying to shed a little light on what is going on with the craziness of today.

My respect and admiration for Trump's manipulative skills shouldn't be seen as endorsement of any of his policy maneuverings or himself as a man.

What I think is the best analogy of our current environment is something I wrote awhile ago I like to call the Caddyshack Principle.

The left is acting like Judge Smails now that Al Czervik has crashed their clubhouse.  And I can't understand why the left and the Democrats think Judge Smails behavior was the heroic behavior in Caddyshack.  If you look back at Caddyshack ... Judge Smails was right on every single issue.  Al Czervik was a prick.  He was inconsiderate as hell.  He bragged about how much money he made.  He deliberately made a lot of noise to screw up other golfers on the course.

Judge Smails was correct in his positions on every occurrence in Caddyshack.  Including simply trying to preserve the virtues of his niece.  You can't fault the guy for it.

But it was how he acted that earned him the scorn of movie goers.  Does anybody think Smails was the hero of Caddyshack?  And ... somewhere deep inside we all cheered Al Czervik for trolling Smails as hard as he did.  It's pretty much the intent of the movie to cheer Czervik making a mockery of Smails' pretentiousness.

That's what a whole lot of Americans are doing now.  Cheering Al Czervik. And if people think more can't and won't be brought on board to cheer the same phenomenon I think said people don't understand the human nature that made Caddyshack a hit movie and a comedy classic.

It's honestly like when it was released Donald Trump watched the movie, saw Al Czervik's behavior and said to himself "Someday I'm gonna be that guy.  The guy who can say whatever he wants and just buy people's golf courses if they don't like it."  What disturbs me is the Democrats seem to have watched the movie and said to themselves "Someday I'm gonna be that guy.  That absolutely repellent guy everyone hates who overreacts to everything and acts like a prick when he doesn't get his way.  Cuz he's a judge!  That's quite a respectable profession if I do say so myself."

This is a very good article if you're interested in this phenomenon Maestro.  It's an interview with George Lakoff in May of 2017.

Berkeley author George Lakoff says, ‘Don’t underestimate Trump’

The opening paragraph pretty much echoes what I've been trying to tell and eventually started yelling at my leftist friends since about March of 2016 when I had a month of downtime and did nothing but watch Trump's speeches and watch every historical interview with Trump I could find. 

George Lakoff, retired UC Berkeley professor and author of Don’t Think of an Elephant, is one of a very few people in Berkeley who does not underestimate Donald Trump. “Trump is not stupid,” he tells anyone who will listen. “He is a super salesman, and he knows how to change your brain and use it to his advantage.”

And I do enjoy this conversation as well Maestro.  I just feel like I've said it all before and said it better Smiley   I'm starting to take shortcuts because I've typed it all so often.

Here's another shortcut.  I've always been a pretty Machiavellian guy.  Trump's lies don't bother me like they freak so many out.  Most of his lies are the kind of shit you'd hear on right wing radio on a daily basis.  (It's no secret Trump had an advisor listen to thousands of hours of right wing talk radio and give him summaries for a few years before the election ... coincidence?  I think not.)

A quote from Machiavelli's The Prince that I think applies in spades here.  People have not changed.  We haven't evolved to where our brains can handle reality any differently or any better than in Machiavelli's day.  Trump takes it to the modern social media level.

“Everyone admits how praiseworthy it is in a prince to keep his word, and to behave with integrity rather than cunning. Nevertheless our experience has been that those princes who have done great things have considered keeping their word of little account, and have known how to beguile men’s minds by shrewdness and cunning. In the end these princes have overcome those who have relied on keeping their word.”

My stock waiver:  "done great things" is always in the eye of the beholder.  Your (and my) version of great things need not apply.

Queshank

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #19 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:55am:
Okay one waiver I gotta throw out here.

I am NOT a Trump supporter, nor am I trying to convince you to in any way support Trump.

I'm (arrogantly and with delusions of grandeur some would probably say) trying to shed a little light on what is going on with the craziness of today.

My respect and admiration for Trump's manipulative skills shouldn't be seen as endorsement of any of his policy maneuverings or himself as a man.

What I think is the best analogy of our current environment is something I wrote awhile ago I like to call the Caddyshack Principle.

The left is acting like Judge Smails now that Al Czervik has crashed their clubhouse.  And I can't understand why the left and the Democrats think Judge Smails behavior was the heroic behavior in Caddyshack.  If you look back at Caddyshack ... Judge Smails was right on every single issue.  Al Czervik was a prick.  He was inconsiderate as hell.  He bragged about how much money he made.  He deliberately made a lot of noise to screw up other golfers on the course.

Judge Smails was correct in his positions on every occurrence in Caddyshack.  Including simply trying to preserve the virtues of his niece.  You can't fault the guy for it.

But it was how he acted that earned him the scorn of movie goers.  Does anybody think Smails was the hero of Caddyshack?  And ... somewhere deep inside we all cheered Al Czervik for trolling Smails as hard as he did.  It's pretty much the intent of the movie to cheer Czervik making a mockery of Smails' pretentiousness.

That's what a whole lot of Americans are doing now.  Cheering Al Czervik. And if people think more can't and won't be brought on board to cheer the same phenomenon I think said people don't understand the human nature that made Caddyshack a hit movie and a comedy classic.

It's honestly like when it was released Donald Trump watched the movie, saw Al Czervik's behavior and said to himself "Someday I'm gonna be that guy.  The guy who can say whatever he wants and just buy people's golf courses if they don't like it."  What disturbs me is the Democrats seem to have watched the movie and said to themselves "Someday I'm gonna be that guy.  That absolutely repellent guy everyone hates who overreacts to everything and acts like a prick when he doesn't get his way.  Cuz he's a judge!  That's quite a respectable profession if I do say so myself."

This is a very good article if you're interested in this phenomenon Maestro.  It's an interview with George ...

I haven't forgotten this. I've been ruminating on it all day and yes, I knew you weren't a Trump supporter, I was just having some fun and didn't know what else to call someone arguing this position...Trumpivellian, maybe?

For what it's worth I've argued against the "Trump is stupid" idea and was stunned by the pundits who thought he couldn't win the primary or general. I thought his winning the primary was almost a given after the first debate and I won't say I knew he'd win the general, but I believed he could. Hillary was extremely weak where he was strong, but the reverse was not true to the same extent.

I agree on the "great things" point, but I'm getting into things that will probably go into a "My evolving attitude towards Trump" thread, so I'll leave it for now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump's Insecurities

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules