Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › trumP is doing irreparable harm to America.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) trumP is doing irreparable harm to America. (Read 810 times)
crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: trumP is doing irreparable harm to America.
Reply #20 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Hayzeus Bama Beau wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:48pm:

And there you have it, folks . . . the real reason why so many
dearly demented and morally bankrupt people love the monster . . .
sheer, undeniable, soul crushing, mind bending fear and loathing . . .
Why would you want the one person removed from office that
has done more to cause the left apocalyptic seizures on a daily
basis and expose the idiocy that is the democratic party, indeed?
It has nothing to do with good and bad, right and wrong or what
is better or best for America or the greatest number of her people.
No, it is tribalism, pure and simple. Ignorant, intolerant, spiteful . . .
In all its glory! Thanks for admitting it, AMom. At least you get credit for that.

You do realize, don't you, that you haven't given any reason to remove President Trump from office.  Is it just because you don't like what he is attempting to do which is protect and defend our nation?  Personally, I had to put up with 8 years of obummer, and was finally rewarded with a POTUS for whom I voted.  I voted for him precisely for what he is attempting to accomplish.

I have to laugh.  Do you really believe that A-Mom cares whether or not you give her credit for something?   Smiley

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #21 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Genesee wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
Very passionate. Nobody can take that away from you.

So was Lee Harvey Oswald.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:10am
Print Post  
[quote author=3D2E3F3F5B0 link=1515514341/10#10 date=1515528437]

He's not doing irreparable harm by any means.  At least not yet.  And the entertainment value (s

Just what harm has he done?

IP Logged

Wallys Not Tired of Winning
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #23 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:16am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:10am:

He's not doing irreparable harm by any means.  At least not yet.  And the entertainment value (s

He beat Hillary Clinton and robbed the Marxists of their opportunity to fully implement their silent coup.  There are two distinct views of what America should be; the Far Left Marxist view and the RIGHT VIEW!   Donald Trump is destroying their idea of what America should be and they hate him for it.  They also hate all the millions of Deplorable people who voted for him!

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:27am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:07pm:
He's not doing irreparable harm by any means.  At least not yet.  And the entertainment value (so far) exceeds what harm he has done by far.

This is where I stand on Trump's presidency as well EF.

A friend of mine told me in somber tones over supper one night that when Trump's motorcade came to Fargo he was out on the streets protesting.  You could almost hear the Imperial March from Star Wars as the black SUVs rolled into town.

I said are you crappity smacking kidding me?  I hear carnival music when I see Trump go anywhere.

That's a pretty good summation of the leftist response to Trump ... and my response to the leftist response to Trump.

I keep watching people like bama (whose intellect and opinions I respect a great deal honestly) freak the crappity smack out over this and I just keep wondering ... what are we freaking out about exactly?  That Trump's positions are pretty similar to Bill Clinton's on most social issues?  Oh the horrors of the 90s!  I have PTSD from the government of the 90s and the idea it might come back for a few years in a final death rattle gasp before being consigned to the dust bin of history is just the worst man.  THE WORST!  /shudder.

I'm a frequent and regular pot user.  Sessions is my worst enemy.  His attempts to resurrect dead issues are the things I oppose most our government is doing ... and HAS BEEN DOING FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE. 

Russia?  Hey people ... the 80's called.  They want their foreign policy back.

Perspective please people. 

Jaysus.

It reeks of political hackery.  It's like the left has suddenly turned into a bunch of Lush Rimbaugh listeners or some shit.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:52am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:10am:

I think the two major areas of harm, neither of which is irreparable or even all that monumental, are:

1.  He energized the far right, pseudo Nazi types, who saw him as their champion.  He might not have meant to do that, but that's what happened.  And being a malignant narcissist, he will accept praise from any quarter.  In doing that, he heightened the level of hostility in society.

2.  His constant harping "fake news" pushes buttons of the "arrogantly ignorant."

And those two things are what any would be dictator does.  History proves it.  Fortunately, we have a Constitution and a system of checks and balances that will survive it quite handily. And meanwhile, the yuks just keep piling up!

(I actually kind of feel sorry for Steve Bannon, believe it or not, but he's provided quite a few yuks of late, too.) 

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

MJ

Reply #26 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:16pm:
Here's a list of the Trump administration's actions in its first 72 hours:

3.      Halted a reduction to the annual mortgage insurance premiums borrowers pay when taking out government-backed home loans.

Real man of the people there..

Cleek's Law: Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
While this is me quoting you and a reply to you EF, I'm stealing this point made by the left everywhere and addressing it to the left at large.  Not you personally.  So when I say "You" I don't necessarily mean you.

EF wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:52am:
1.  He energized the far right, pseudo Nazi types, who saw him as their champion.  He might not have meant to do that, but that's what happened.  And being a malignant narcissist, he will accept praise from any quarter.  In doing that, he heightened the level of hostility in society.

Yes.  Trump's election did heighten the level of hostility in society.  But not because of "emboldened Nazis."  And I'll explain.

This idea of emboldened Nazis in America and a surge in Nazi thought is complete bullshit.  It's half shell game and half propaganda.

40 years ago if you were a homophobe you were pretty much a normal member of society. 

30 years ago if you were a homophobe you were starting to be called intolerant.

20 years ago if you were a homophobe you were a bigot. 

10 years ago if you were a homophobe you were an asshole.

Today if you're a homophobe you're a Nazi.

It's the same person.  Only the labels have changed.  And it's an incredible disservice to political discourse.  It's a propaganda move by the left to demonize their political opposition.  A blatant and transparent one at that.  And it works fantastically well.  Because the rank and file on the left is just as stupid and gullible and easily manipulated as the rank and file on the right despite their protestations otherwise.

And this idea that there's MORE of them is ludicrous.  Just because you saw a "There's only two sexes!" joke bumper sticker on facebook because someone you know clicked like or clicked laugh or commented on it doesn't mean there's more Nazis today than there were 40 years ago.  "Gasp! Oh my stars and garters!  I had no idea so many people in the country felt that way.  /faint"  Put your panties on Martha.  It means your 65 year old "Nazi" uncle (who has been the same guy for 40 years he's just creeped out by gay buttsex so now he's a Nazi) figured out how to use facebook, and found the "There's only two sexes!" facebook group.

This is the new phenomenon.  Older folks getting on social media to share photos of their grandkids and seeing funny bumper stickers they click like on.

These people haven't changed.

The left on the other hand ... who has started embracing violence and forcing people to shut up over the past few years?  That's new.  And I suppose you can blame it on Trump.  If you squint your eyes and try real hard.  And are susceptible to propaganda like the left have proven they are.

And if you scoff at the idea that the left has embraced violence since the campaign ... you ain't woke son.  And you sure as crappity smack ain't informed.

Put me on the side of watching the left's transformation with a wary eye.  None of the right wingers I know and Trump supporters I know have changed a shittin bit since we were kids.  Trump haters and left wingers tho?  That's a whole nother level of creepy and disconcerting.

You wanna blame Trump for that .... okay.  But don't be surprised when people disagree with you and you find yourself having to defriend more people and talk to fewer family members as time goes by.

Quote:
2.  His constant harping "fake news" pushes buttons of the "arrogantly ignorant."

Sure.  Long as we acknowledge the fake news has flowed pretty heavily from both sides.  "Arrogantly Ignorant" isn't a partisan phenomenon.

Quote:
And those two things are what any would be dictator does.  History proves it.  Fortunately, we have a Constitution and a system of checks and balances that will survive it quite handily. And meanwhile, the yuks just keep piling up!

It's also what non dictatorial leaders do.  History proves that too. This reminds me of the logical fallacy "All murderers in prison drink milk, ergo drinking milk causes people to become violent and murderous."

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Wallys Not Tired of Winning
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #28 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:26pm:
While this is me quoting you and a reply to you EF, I'm stealing this point made by the left everywhere and addressing it to the left at large.  Not you personally.  So when I say "You" I don't necessarily mean you.

Yes.  Trump's election did heighten the level of hostility in society.  But not because of "emboldened Nazis."  And I'll explain.

This idea of emboldened Nazis in America and a surge in Nazi thought is complete bullshit.  It's half shell game and half propaganda.

40 years ago if you were a homophobe you were pretty much a normal member of society. 

30 years ago if you were a homophobe you were starting to be called intolerant.

20 years ago if you were a homophobe you were a bigot. 

10 years ago if you were a homophobe you were an asshole.

Today if you're a homophobe you're a Nazi.

It's the same person.  Only the labels have changed.  And it's an incredible disservice to political discourse.  It's a propaganda move by the left to demonize their political opposition.  A blatant and transparent one at that.  And it works fantastically well.  Because the rank and file on the left is just as stupid and gullible and easily manipulated as the rank and file on the right despite their protestations otherwise.

And this idea that there's MORE of them is ludicrous.  Just because you saw a "There's only two sexes!" joke bumper sticker on facebook because someone you know clicked like or clicked laugh or commented on it doesn't mean there's more Nazis today than there were 40 years ago.  "Gasp! Oh my stars and garters!  I had no idea so many people in the country felt that way.  /faint"  Put your panties on Martha.  It means your 65 year old "Nazi" uncle (who has been the same guy for 40 years he's just creeped out by gay buttsex so now he's a Nazi) figured out how to use facebook, and found the "There's only two sexes!" facebook group.

This is the new phenomenon.  Older folks getting on social media to share photos of their grandkids and seeing funny bumper stickers they click like on.

These people haven't changed.

The left on the other hand ... who has started embracing violence and forcing people to shut up over the past few years?  That's new.  And I suppose you can blame it on Trump.  If you squint your eyes and try real hard.  And are susceptible to propaganda like the left have proven they are.

And if you scoff at the idea that the left has embraced violence since the campaign ... you ain't woke son.  And you sure as crappity smack ain't informed.

Put me on the side of watching the left's transformation with a wary eye.  None of the right wingers I know and Trump supporters I know have changed a shittin bit since we were kids.  Trump haters and left wingers tho?  That's a whole nother level of creepy and disconcerting.

You wanna blame Trump for that .... okay.  But don't be surprised when people disagree with you and you find yourself having to defriend more people and talk to fewer family members as time goes by.

Sure.  Long as we acknowledge the fake news has flowed pretty heavily from both sides.  "Arrogantly Ignorant" isn't a partisan phenomenon.

It's also what non dictatorial leaders do.  History proves that too. This reminds me of the logical fallacy "All murderers in prison drink milk, ergo drinking milk causes people to become violent and murderous."

Queshank

Homophobe is a made up word for what everyone used to call someone who was aware of someone else who was queer.  Hell, not all that long ago, the queers were proud to call themselves queer.  Queer used to mean, strangely different than most of the rest  and most people had no more problem with Queers being Queer, than they had with who were "Cat people" or "Dog People" or "Horse people" or any other kind of folks who might seem a bit queer due to their own shall we say, proclivity.  It was not a very big thing, until the San Franciso Queers began to make being Queer a politcal statement and created a movement, which included dressing up as drag queens and disrupting church services.   This is when their "Movement" began labeling anyone who wasn't with their movement as being "homophobic".

I'm not afraid of Queers.  Never have been. I don't like them trying to force their "package" of politics down all of our throats, though!  Grin

" The few will always act like the few.�

�Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #29 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Wallys Not Tired of Winning wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:16am:
They also hate all the millions of Deplorable people who voted for him!

Sooo..   In which of these categories do you see yourself ?..

"racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic."

as those were the people she was referring to..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › trumP is doing irreparable harm to America.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules