Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump Meeting With Reps and Dems.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Trump Meeting With Reps and Dems. (Read 141 times)
Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Trump Meeting With Reps and Dems.
Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Ok, listen to quite a bit of the meeting between Trump, the Reps and Dems and I have to say it was a brilliant move on his part to also have the media there.  It put all parties on the spot for DACA and the Wall in front of the media.  It was a brilliant tactical move that forced both sides to either step up or look like the party that is resisting.  Curious what others have to say about this.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

A Wally in Winter
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: Trump Meeting With Reps and Dems.
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:29pm:
Ok, listen to quite a bit of the meeting between Trump, the Reps and Dems and I have to say it was a brilliant move on his part to also have the media there.  It put all parties on the spot for DACA and the Wall in front of the media.  It was a brilliant tactical move that forced both sides to either step up or look like the party that is resisting.  Curious what others have to say about this.

It ALSO CUT THROUGH THE CRAP FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO SEE A PRESIDENT WHO WAS ACTING BOTH PRESIDENTIAL AND IN FULL COMMAND OF THE SITUATION (who was reasonable articulate and willing to listen to everyone else's opinions). 

If the GOP want to stop chain migration (for the DACA recipients as well as others), then it's up to them to make the case and debate the Democrats. 

Trump must feel he doesn't have adequate support from enough in his own party (cowardly congressional GOP) and so he's put them on the spot, along with the Democrats!   They are the ones facing the midterms deciding whether their constituents agree with the job they are doing.  Trump doesn't stand before the public until 2020, when they will decide if HE has done an adequate job to be reelected!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
A Wally in Winter wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
It ALSO CUT THROUGH THE CRAP FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO SEE A PRESIDENT WHO WAS ACTING BOTH PRESIDENTIAL AND IN FULL COMMAND OF THE SITUATION (who was reasonable articulate and willing to listen to everyone else's opinions). 

If the GOP want to stop chain migration (for the DACA recipients as well as others), then it's up to them to make the case and debate the Democrats. 

Trump must feel he doesn't have adequate support from enough in his own party (cowardly congressional GOP) and so he's put them on the spot, along with the Democrats!   They are the ones facing the midterms deciding whether their constituents agree with the job they are doing.  Trump doesn't stand before the public until 2020, when they will decide if HE has done an adequate job to be reelected!

It also destroys the left's attempt to paint him as unhinged and unfit for office.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Stop Being Naked in the Car
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
So much for being mentally unstable.

IP Logged

A Wally in Winter
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
It also destroys the left's attempt to paint him as unhinged and unfit for office.

Trump being Trump means a whole lot of things.  I have to admit that I am not all that comfortable with some of Trump's being Trump, but then he goes on the world stage and proves that he is the "really smart" genius, that he so modestly claims to be!   Grin

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #5 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
I would be in favor of televising the ENTIRE meeting. Let the people see who's saying what.

"This is MY house now!"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:07pm:
I would be in favor of televising the ENTIRE meeting. Let the people see who's saying what.

That is about what he did and it was great to see the Dems being put on the spot when he said we will give and you will need to give in order to compromise.

IP Logged

AmericanMom
LNF Representative2

Reply #7 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Perhaps this is why BAm came out this morning screaming about trump destroying the country

He is bringing both sides into the same room at the same table and putting the eyes of the people on them

The nerve!

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #8 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
AmericanMom wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
Perhaps this is why BAm came out this morning screaming about trump destroying the country

He is bringing both sides into the same room at the same table and putting the eyes of the people on them

The nerve!

Bama makes Trump appear stable. Smiley

"This is MY house now!"

IP Logged

Stop Being Naked in the Car
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #9 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:23pm:
Bama makes Trump appear stable. Smiley

Bama makes Caligula appear stable.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump Meeting With Reps and Dems.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules