Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump Meeting With Reps and Dems.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Trump Meeting With Reps and Dems. (Read 200 times)
Luther
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump Meeting With Reps and Dems.
Reply #10 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:29pm:
Ok, listen to quite a bit of the meeting between Trump, the Reps and Dems and I have to say it was a brilliant move on his part to also have the media there.  It put all parties on the spot for DACA and the Wall in front of the media.  It was a brilliant tactical move that forced both sides to either step up or look like the party that is resisting.  Curious what others have to say about this.

Yeah, it really showed you what Trump wants to do with the Dreamers Roll Eyes

Love fest

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #11 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:20am
Print Post  
On the one hand, this was a great display of transparency in government.  Very rare, too.  Trump didn't alert the congressionals that they'd be putting the meeting on TV, so they didn't have prepared statements and BS.  They just sat down and started talking.  I, for one, do not understand why this isn't done far more often, at all levels of government.

On the other hand, Trump made it clear he didn't understand the issues being negotiated, he contradicted himself repeatedly, he didn't seem to know basic terminology (like what a "clean" bill means), and he appeared to give up and tell the negotiators that he would sign whatever they came up with.  In other words, he didn't have a position of his own -- he just wanted a bill to sign.

In the end, the negotiations failed.  After the cameras were sent away, the two parties fell back on their familiar battle lines and nothing was agreed to.

But I do admit that I found this little window-opening a thrill.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:29pm:
Ok, listen to quite a bit of the meeting between Trump, the Reps and Dems and I have to say it was a brilliant move on his part to also have the media there.  It put all parties on the spot for DACA and the Wall in front of the media.  It was a brilliant tactical move that forced both sides to either step up or look like the party that is resisting.  Curious what others have to say about this.

I say it was a dog and pony show.  Trump put this on to show that he was in charge and not losing it as indicated in Wolf's book.  But what it showed was that he is not a leader, had nothing constructive to add to the conversation and pissed off the republicans by agreeing with Democrat Dianne Feinstein on a clean DACA bill

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #13 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:29am:
I say it was a dog and pony show.  Trump put this on to show that he was in charge and not losing it as indicated in Wolf's book.  But what it showed was that he is not a leader, had nothing constructive to add to the conversation and pissed off the republicans by agreeing with Democrat Dianne Feinstein on a clean DACA bill

I thought your complaint about the Reps is their unwillingness to compromise.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:36am:
I thought your complaint about the Reps is their unwillingness to compromise.

What compromises were made in yesterday's meeting?

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump Meeting With Reps and Dems.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules