Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Someone math this for me please
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Someone math this for me please (Read 894 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: Someone math this for me please
Reply #20 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:04am:
Sorry, ok. One more time. No numbers. There are a lot more white people in the country than black people. If all the blacks used the system, it would still be fewer than if half of the whites used the system.
Smiley
Smiley

I guess you are simply saying that a larger percentage of black people use the system than the percentage of white people. That would make sense.

I'm not mad at ya. I'm just horrible in math. I got all D's in my math classes in high school.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #21 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Holy moly.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #22 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:48am
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:10pm:
Hmm...seems like bait, since you already have all the percentages.  And I don't know why you are unable to form a point absent the answer to this math problem.

Oh well, once you figure it out, I am interested to know the point.

Yep, I agree.  It seems that percentage-wise, more blacks receive food stamps.  The most interesting thing to ask, as far as I'm concerned is, "Why is that?"  Is it because they have more fatherless homes; the break-up of the family?  Because they don't, as a group, receive the quality education that whites receive in the public school system?  Is it because they don't qualify for better paying jobs?  Is it because they aren't hired because they are black?  Is it because they are 'shiftless'?  There probably are a myriad of answers.

However, as my statistics professor said the first day of class, and I paraphrase, "Watch out for statistics.  You can make them say whatever you want them to say, depending upon the questions asked, the wording, phrasing, etc, and the people whom you choose to question".

Anecdotal:  My black daughter-in-law makes more money than my son, and they are both college graduates.  It's due to the field that they decided to work in.

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #23 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:57am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:48am:
Yep, I agree.  It seems that percentage-wise, more blacks receive food stamps.  The most interesting thing to ask, as far as I'm concerned is, "Why is that?"  Is it because they have more fatherless homes; the break-up of the family?  Because they don't, as a group, receive the quality education that whites receive in the public school system?  Is it because they don't qualify for better paying jobs?  Is it because they aren't hired because they are black?  Is it because they are 'shiftless'?  There probably are a myriad of answers.

However, as my statistics professor said the first day of class, and I paraphrase, "Watch out for statistics.  You can make them say whatever you want them to say, depending upon the questions asked, the wording, phrasing, etc, and the people whom you choose to question".

Anecdotal:  My black daughter-in-law makes more money than my son, and they are both college graduates.  It's due to the field that they decided to work in.

Racism (both in-group and out-group) and the persistence of poverty.

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:06am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:48am:

This is actually irrelevant to the issue at hand. These types of statistics are collected in a reliable manner and do not involve people's opinions. (Although, there are other biases, such as the framing we see here. )

Also, reliable statistical organizations generally have decent sampling techniques. They usually report the questions they ask.  If you think about it a little bit, you can usually determine potential biases resulting from the wording.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:06am:
This is actually irrelevant to the issue at hand. These types of statistics are collected in a reliable manner and do not involve people's opinions. (Although, there are other biases, such as the framing we see here. )

Also, reliable statistical organizations generally have decent sampling techniques. They usually report the questions they ask.  If you think about it a little bit, you can usually determine potential biases resulting from the wording.

Good grief, of course questions asked for most statistical purposes involve a person's opinion.  How else do we judge whatever the question is.   Out answer can involve many happenings in our lives that led us to our opinion/answer.  My life as a white woman has been different than your life as a man.  My life experiences have been different.  Also my age has formed a lot of my beliefes and opinions.  I became an adult officially at the age of 21 in the mid 1950's.  My life experiences have been a lot different than those of a white woman who officially became an adult in the 80's or whenever it was decided that everyone can vote at the age of 18.  Then we can get into the gender experiences.  Then the financial, and on and on, never forgetting the different racial experiences,and all of it affected our opinions about "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

Reply #26 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:45pm:
If white people make up 73 percent of the u.s population and black people make up 13 percent while 39 percent of food stamp participants are white and 25 percent are black who is over represented on food stamp rolls, whites or blacks?

Bottom line:

Blacks are twice as likely to be on Food stamps than whites and they are a minority

Yeppers

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:47am:
Bottom line:

Blacks are twice as likely to be on Food stamps than whites and they are a minority

Yeppers

When you talk about likelihood you are already accounting for the fact that they are a minority.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

Reply #28 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:15am:
When you talk about likelihood you are already accounting for the fact that they are a minority.

Yeah, but I want to keep hammering that point because most people cant see it's greater Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Party Leader

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #29 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 8:36am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:36am:
Good grief, of course questions asked for most statistical purposes involve a person's opinion.  How else do we judge whatever the question is. 

1: Are you male or female?

2: Are you white or black?

3: What state do you live in?

Which of the answers to those questions are based on your opinion?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Someone math this for me please

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules