Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Federal court voids North Carolina’s GOP-drawn congressional map
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Federal court voids North Carolina’s GOP-drawn congressional map (Read 1,629 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Federal court voids North Carolina’s GOP-drawn congressional map
Reply #30 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
Well, there's a start.  Grin

OK, so Harry's in the form of Demos is trolling again.  How many sock puppets do you have Harry?
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:38pm by Wadsworth »  

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, I will go to his funeral very, very soon.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #31 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
Ah, but unfortunately that's not the bottom line. Maybe you're different, but you know as well as I that which party is doing the gerrymandering very, very much determines which person is outraged most of the time.

I'd like to find a way to eliminate it, and I've read some proposals, but most of them rely on a unelected body, which is as problematic as the elected one, but in different ways, or rely on some sort of voting-by-party method which seems like it would bolster the two-party system over third parties.

I keep thinking there must be something like how you get someone to split the last piece of cake evenly between 2 people: one guy cuts and the other guy gets first pick. But I can't think of anything similar that would work with this much more complex cake.

Yeah, as FC mentioned, there is a case in Maryland as well.  Maryland is a very democratic state.  I am on the side of fairness.

Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, I will go to his funeral very, very soon.

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #32 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:11am:
OK, so Harry's in the form odf Demos is trolling again.  How many sock puppets do you have Harry?

Even though you don't realize it, you are my sockpuppet, Luke.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #33 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:42am
Print Post  

Wadsworth wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:11am:
OK, so Harry's in the form odf Demos is trolling again.  How many sock puppets do you have Harry?

You really do like to double down on dumb.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #34 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:15am:
Even though you don't realize it, you are my sockpuppet, Luke.

to quote Mojo -- "I'm stealing this!"

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #35 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:01am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:59am:
to quote Mojo -- "I'm stealing this!"

I wouldn't claim it to be absolutely original, so, go for it.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #36 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
It has been allowed because it was never challenged in court..  Now it has and the court rules against gerrymandering for political gain.

Dude...the quote you responded included a link that proves that it has been challenged in court and has not been struck down.

Here's a quote from that article which you obviously did not even look at:

"In the 2004 Vieth v. Jubelirer case, Justice Antonin Scalia’s ruling on Pennsylvania congressional districts “concluded that political gerrymandering claims are nonjusticiable because no judicially discernible and manageable standards for adjudicating such claims exist.”

Wads you're an idiot.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:45pm:
Dude...the quote you responded included a link that proves that it has been challenged in court and has not been struck down.

Here's a quote from that article which you obviously did not even look at:

"In the 2004 Vieth v. Jubelirer case, Justice Antonin Scalia’s ruling on Pennsylvania congressional districts “concluded that political gerrymandering claims are nonjusticiable because no judicially discernible and manageable standards for adjudicating such claims exist.”

Wads you're an idiot.

Not in this particular case, idiot.  Justice Roberts stated “Politics is a very important driving force” in redistricting, he said, “and those claims will be raised. And every one of them will come here for a decision on the merits. … We will have to decide in every case whether the Democrats win or the Republicans win.”

So since every case is decided on by it's merits, only an idiot would belive that one case is the decision for all cases.  In this particular case, it was found by the three judge panel that violations of three separate constitutional provisions. 

Quote:
The General Assembly violated the Equal Protection Clause, the panel said, “because the General Assembly enacted the plan with the intent of discriminating against voters who favored non-Republican candidates” and the plan “has had and likely will continue to have that effect,” which it said is not justified by any “legitimate state interest.”
Second, the panel said the partisan gerrymandering violated the First Amendment “by unjustifiably discriminating against voters based on their previous political expression and affiliation.” Osteen dissented from that portion of the opinion but otherwise concurred.
And finally, the panel said the gerrymandering violated the provisions of Article I of the Constitution, which gives states the power to draw up congressional districts, “by exceeding the scope of the General Assembly’s delegated authority to enact congressional regulations and interfering with the right of ‘the People’ to choose their Representatives.”

So therefore this case and any similar case has not been challenged in court you stupid asshole

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:42am:
You really do like to double down on dumb.

You are not credible if you refuse to tell me what I do not understand.  That is a trademark of Harry.  So if you are not Harry, to emulate a troll shows how much credibility you have.  You are an idiot Harry.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #39 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:19pm
Print Post  

Wadsworth wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:12pm:
You are not credible if you refuse to tell me what I do not understand.  That is a trademark of Harry.  So if you are not Harry, to emulate a troll shows how much credibility you have.  You are an idiot Harry.

Roll Eyes

Go back and read page 2 of this thread. You've claimed the following:

"The court does not allow gerrymandering for partisan gain" (It does).

"It has been allowed because it was never challenged in court" (It has been).

"The difference is that you need to show proof of Gerrymandering.  This may be the case" (That's already been argued in the Wisconsin case which the SCOTUS heard in October 2017).

As usual, you're out of your depth. Instead of acknowledging when you make an incorrect statement (or at the very least reading the links you're provided), you just choose to dig a little deeper.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:29pm by Demos »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Federal court voids North Carolina’s GOP-drawn congressional map

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules