Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Federal court voids North Carolina’s GOP-drawn congressional map
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Federal court voids North Carolina’s GOP-drawn congressional map (Read 1,369 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Federal court voids North Carolina’s GOP-drawn congressional map
Reply #50 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:31pm:
Careful. This could libelous.

You don't want to ruin my career.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #51 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
How many people does waddy now thing is Harry? So far I count five.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #52 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Lovefingers wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
How many people does waddy now thing is Harry? So far I count five.

You may be right.  Their THING is Harry Grin

Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #53 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:10pm:
Not in this particular case, idiot.  Justice Roberts stated “Politics is a very important driving force” in redistricting, he said, “and those claims will be raised. And every one of them will come here for a decision on the merits. … We will have to decide in every case whether the Democrats win or the Republicans win.”

Roberts is making an argument against the Supreme Court deciding on the political nature of redistricting you fool.

He is saying the courts would be overwhelmed with deciding this because anybody could say the redistricting was done for partisan reasons because that's exactly what it's done for, you just can't understand English.

Quote:
So since every case is decided on by it's merits, only an idiot would belive that one case is the decision for all cases.  In this particular case, it was found by the three judge panel that violations of three separate constitutional provisions. 

You stated that no case has been challenged in the courts about political redistricting.  You were wrong.  There have been several, some have made it to the supreme court and all so far have been shot down.  It seems this one will as well.

The Constitution allows for the states to make their own systems on how they design their Congressional districts.  We can disagree with it, I don't agree with the partisan redesigning that occurs, but that's the system that's in place.

You were wrong.

Quote:
So therefore this case and any similar case has not been challenged in court you stupid asshole

You specifically stated that political gerrymandering has never been challenged.  You were wrong, it has been, and it has been allowed.

You are just too much of a moron to get it or to even read links.

Is English your second language?
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:50am by Lomelis »  

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #54 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:25am
Print Post  

Wadsworth wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:14pm:
Enough said

Huh

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #55 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:34am:
Roberts is making an argument against the Supreme Court deciding on the political nature of redistricting you fool.

He is saying the courts would be overwhelmed with deciding this because anybody could say the redistricting was done for partisan reasons because that's exactly what it's done for, you just can't understand English.
Huh  Nice spin.  But you should not try to change words tomean what you want them to.  Just like you tried to blame Detroit for Flint water, come on Harry, you can do better than that.

You stated that no case has been challenged in the courts about political redistricting.  You were wrong.  There have been several, some have made it to the supreme court and all so far have been shot down.  It seems this one will as well.
They had no evidence that the  intent was discriminating against voters who favored non-Republican candidate.  This is the smoking gun "Tuesday’s decision was made easier for the panel by a kind of smoking gun: Republican leaders in the North Carolina General Assembly openly conceded that the 2016 map was drawn to benefit Republicans."

The Constitution allows for the states to make their own systems on how they design their Congressional districts.  We can disagree with it, I don't agree with the partisan redesigning that occurs, but that's the system that's in place.
  Tru, as long as it is not proven that it is done to dicriminate against certain voters

You specifically stated that political gerrymandering has never been challenged.  You were wrong, it has been, and it has been allowed.

You are just too much of a moron to get it or to even read links.

It was not been challenged when the map drawer admits that it was written in a way to give republicans an advantage, Harry

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #56 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:19am:
Huh  Nice spin.  But you should not try to change words tomean what you want them to.  Just like you tried to blame Detroit for Flint water, come on Harry, you can do better than that.

You are a moron that doesn't understand the argument.

Quote:
They had no evidence that the  intent was discriminating against voters who favored non-Republican candidate.  This is the smoking gun "Tuesday’s decision was made easier for the panel by a kind of smoking gun: Republican leaders in the North Carolina General Assembly openly conceded that the 2016 map was drawn to benefit Republicans."

Tru, as long as it is not proven that it is done to dicriminate against certain voters

It was not been challenged when the map drawer admits that it was written in a way to give republicans an advantage, Harry 

Once again you fail to remember your own statements and arguments.  You said that political gerrymandering had never been challenged.  It actually has been, it's been to the Supreme Courts, and it has not been struck down.

You were wrong, again.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #57 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:30pm:
You are a moron that doesn't understand the argument.

Once again you fail to remember your own statements and arguments.  You said that political gerrymandering had never been challenged.  It actually has been, it's been to the Supreme Courts, and it has not been struck down.

You were wrong, again.

You are the moron Harry........I have proven my point and you refuse to let it go.  Just like that Flint thing.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #58 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 11:02am
Print Post  

Update...

Quote:
Court puts temporary hold on North Carolina redistricting order

Last week a three-judge federal court in North Carolina struck down the state’s federal congressional map, ruling that Republicans had drawn the map to give themselves an advantage over Democrats – specifically, the court stressed, to guarantee Republicans’ “domination of the state’s congressional delegation.” The court ordered the state legislature to come up with a new plan by January 24, but tonight the Supreme Court put that order on hold, to give the state’s Republicans time to appeal...

Tonight’s brief order indicated that the lower court’s decision will stay on hold until Republicans can file their appeal and the Supreme Court can rule on it. As a practical matter, the court likely will not act on that appeal for some time, possibly until after it rules on the Wisconsin and Maryland gerrymandering cases. As election law expert Rick Hasen points out, this means that no matter how the Supreme Court rules, the likelihood that new maps will be in place for the 2018 elections is quite low...

Source

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Reply #59 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 11:02am:
Update...

Source

Oops.

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Federal court voids North Carolina’s GOP-drawn congressional map

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules