Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump’s demagogue ambassador to the Netherlands gets shredded by Dutch journalists
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trump’s demagogue ambassador to the Netherlands gets shredded by Dutch journalists (Read 113 times)
Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Trump’s demagogue ambassador to the Netherlands gets shredded by Dutch journalists
Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
President Trump’s new ambassador to the Netherlands, Peter Hoekstra, got absolutely hammered by reporters during his first press conference with the Dutch press on Wednesday over controversial remarks he made in the past about Muslim violence in their country.

The reporters wanted to know whether Hoekstra still stood behind an inflammatory and unsubstantiated claim he made in 2015 about Islamists turning the Netherlands into some kind of hellscape.

“The Islamic movement has now gotten to a point where they have put Europe into chaos — chaos in the Netherlands, there are cars being burned, there are politicians that are being burned,” he said while speaking on a panel at a conference at the David Horowitz Freedom Center, a far-right think tank, at the time. “And yes, there are no-go zones in the Netherlands.”

At the press conference, the Dutch media relentlessly pushed Hoekstra to say whether he still believes the original remarks he made. Here’s one exchange:

“Do you now reach the conclusion you were wrong when you stated that politicians and cars were being burned? … Was it false?” one reported asked.

“I issued a statement, I expressed my regrets, and my apology for the comments that I made, and I’m not revisiting the issue,” Hoekstra said, and then looked in another direction, in attempt to take another question.

“But for what remarks exactly? No seriously, please, this is important. For the original remarks? Are politicians being burned in the Netherlands in the past? Is that something you believe? Yes or no?”

“I’m not revisiting the issue. I expressed my regrets, and I expressed an apology.”

At another point, a reporter asked Hoekstra, “Any example of a Dutch politician who was burned in recent years?”

Hoekstra responded with an awkward smile and silence, and then looked to answer another question.

But then another reporter chimed in to chide Hoekstra for refusing to answer: “This is the Netherlands, you have to answer questions.”

“Please, this is not how it works,” the first reporter added.

In another exchange, a reporter asked Hoekstra to look at a John Adams quote mounted on a fireplace that states a concern that only “honest and wise men ever rule under this roof.”

Then the reporter asked, “If you’re truly an honest and wise man, could you please take back the remark about burned politicians or name the politician that was burned in the Netherlands?”

Hoekstra simply responded by saying, “Thank you.”

FULL:
https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/11/16877990/trump-netherlands-ambassador-peter-...

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

of the Inquisition

Re: Trump’s demagogue ambassador to the Netherlands gets shredded by Dutch journalists
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:05pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Re: Trump’s demagogue ambassador to the Netherlands gets shredded by Dutch journalists
Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
He said there were politicians being burned? That's...strange.

"Have you ever noticed that? We base our assessment of the intelligence of others almost entirely on how closely their thinking matches our own. "

-Belgarath, from Belgarath the Sorcerer
IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
How very awkward.

I know the scared ones like to talk about no go zones and Sharia areas, in countries they've not been to and couldn't find on a map, but surely appointing a clown like that as ambassador of your country is inept, to say the least?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Really.....who gives a shit what the Netherlands think?

&&

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
How very awkward.

I know the scared ones like to talk about no go zones and Sharia areas, in countries they've not been to and couldn't find on a map, but surely appointing a clown like that as ambassador of your country is inept, to say the least?

-------------------------------------------------------

The Netherlands and the U.K. .. all in good time, they ALL will be muslimized with Sharia ..

.. And then you idiot irrational white liberal apologists can tell everybody what you think then, after they start imposing their will, their laws, and their religious system on everybody!  Grin   

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

of the Inquisition

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
robth wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
Really.....who gives a shit what the Netherlands think? 

The US ambassador is a f**king liar.  Roll Eyes  That should be embarrassing for all Americans.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:48pm:
-------------------------------------------------------

The Netherlands and the U.K. .. all in good time, they ALL will be muslimized with Sharia ..

.. And then you idiot irrational white liberal apologists can tell everybody what you think then, after they start imposing their will, their laws, and their religious system on everybody!  Grin   

I’m always genuinely interested in why you think that, but you never explain.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:21pm:
How very awkward.

The further removed from the dangerous "others", the scarier they are.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump’s demagogue ambassador to the Netherlands gets shredded by Dutch journalists

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules