Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office (Read 399 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office
Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.
“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.
The comments left lawmakers taken aback, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants...

If the truth be told, most immigrants came from "shithole" countries.  How great was Ireland, Italy, Germany and other European countries when those people came here in droves in the late 1800's and the early 1900's.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:08pm:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants...

If the truth be told, most immigrants came from "shithole" countries.  How great was Ireland, Italy, Germany and other European countries when those people came here in droves in the late 1800's and the early 1900's.

The countries you mention were a lot more advanced then, than some that Trump knocked down are now.
Those people came here and built your cities like NY. They were hard workers and had some skills.
I had the pleasure of seeing house foundations made from solid stone cut straight and square, and I would guess weighing 200 lbs. or more, made and built by my grandmothers father in Stoney Creek Connecticut. And I got to see where the stones were cut from. A place called flat rock.
They didn’t come here to milk the system. They came here to work and live a good life.

And to get away from the governments that were ruining their country.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:06pm:
The countries you mention were a lot more advanced then, than some that Trump knocked down are now.
Those people came here and built your cities like NY. They were hard workers and had some skills.
I had the pleasure of seeing house foundations made from solid stone cut straight and square, and I would guess weighing 200 lbs. or more, made and built by my grandmothers father in Stoney Creek Connecticut. And I got to see where the stones were cut from. A place called flat rock.
They didn’t come here to milk the system. They came here to work and live a good life.

And to get away from the governments that were ruining their country.

Smiley

Grin Grin Grin Fake News.  Slaves built your cities.

If this is not "shithole", then I don't know what is.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:24pm by Wadsworth »  

Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Poor Wallys Almanac
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:48am
Print Post  
The people who live in these shithole 3rd world countries, try to get to America to escape these shitholes.  This doesn't make these individuals shitheads; it simply reinforces what President Trump said.  No one would choose to live there as opposed to having a better life in our country!

The point is, just as The United States of America can not be the world's Policeman, we can not be the world's Social Worker, either! 

People who live in these shitholes need make their Shithole nations great, just as we are putting America First and attempting to make America Great Again!  It's not our problem!

Importing poverty robs our children and our grandchildren of the American Dream that Democrats want to give away to citizens of 3rd world shitholes for purely poitical reasons to create a new indentured underclass , whom they can exploit!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Poor Wallys Almanac wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:48am:
The people who live in these shithole 3rd world countries, try to get to America to escape these shitholes.  This doesn't make these individuals shitheads; it simply reinforces what President Trump said.  No one would choose to live there as opposed to having a better life in our country!

The point is, just as The United States of America can not be the world's Policeman, we can not be the world's Social Worker, either! 

People who live in these shitholes need make their Shithole nations great, just as we are putting America First and attempting to make America Great Again!  It's not our problem!

Importing poverty robs our children and our grandchildren of the American Dream that Democrats want to give away to citizens of 3rd world shitholes for purely poitical reasons to create a new indentured underclass , whom they can exploit!

So when did the rules change.  In the history of this country, we have always accepted people who fled from "shithole" countries.  So you now want the US to stop this practice?  Why?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Party Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Poor Wallys Almanac wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:48am:

Tell that to all the poor half-starved Irish that came to the US after the famine. The majority of people that came to the US over the last 200 years were escaping poverty or other bad conditions. Your view of historical immigration is completely backward.

“It’s like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f**king stupid Forrest Gump.
He can’t help himself. He’s just a f**king idiot who thinks he’s winning when people are b*tching about him.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/republican-congressman-unloads-motherfker-trump-furious-top-message-conservative-pundit/

2017 LNF Conservative of the Year

IP Logged

Poor Wallys Almanac
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:52am:
So when did the rules change.  In the history of this country, we have always accepted people who fled from "shithole" countries.  So you now want the US to stop this practice?  Why?

You need to reread your history concerning our Immigration Policies. Up until recently, The United States of America made a determination of what our needs were and set the criteria for immigrants to come to our country based upon such assessment. While other countries may have benefited, as did those who came here, our nation's Immigration Policies were not  done to assist other counties or even for the benefit of immigrants.  The United States actually had a moratorium and stopped legal immigration for a long period of time, when our country no longer had the need for so many immigrants!  These are Facts!   Look them up! Smiley

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Poor Wallys Almanac wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:59am:
You need to reread your history concerning our Immigration Policies. Up until recently, The United States of America made a determination of what our needs were and set the criteria for immigrants to come to our country based upon such assessment. While other countries may have benefited, as did those who came here, our nation's Immigration Policies were not  done to assist other counties or even for the benefit of immigrants.  The United States actually had a moratorium and stopped legal immigration for a long period of time, when our country no longer had the need for so many immigrants!  These are Facts!   Look them up! Smiley

If you have proof of what you say, then post it.  Based on history

Quote:
After the depression of the 1890s, immigration jumped from a low of 3.5 million in that decade to a high of 9 million in the first decade of the new century. Immigrants from Northern and Western Europe continued coming as they had for three centuries, but in decreasing numbers. After the 1880s, immigrants increasingly came from Eastern and Southern European countries, as well as Canada and Latin America. By 1910, Eastern and Southern Europeans made up 70 percent of the immigrants entering the country. After 1914, immigration dropped off because of the war, and later because of immigration restrictions imposed in the 1920s.
The reasons these new immigrants made the journey to America differed little from those of their predecessors. Escaping religious, racial, and political persecution, or seeking relief from a lack of economic opportunity or famine still pushed many immigrants out of their homelands. Many were pulled here by contract labor agreements offered by recruiting agents, known as padrones to Italian and Greek laborers. Hungarians, Poles, Slovaks, Bohemians, and Italians flocked to the coal mines or steel mills, Greeks preferred the textile mills, Russian and Polish Jews worked the needle trades or pushcart markets of New York. Railroad companies advertised the availability of free or cheap farmland overseas in pamphlets distributed in many languages, bringing a handful of agricultural workers to western farmlands. But the vast majority of immigrants crowded into the growing cities, searching for their chance to make a better life for themselves.
Immigrants entering the United States who could not afford first or second-class passage came through the processing center at Ellis Island, New York. Built in 1892, the center handled some 12 million European immigrants, herding thousands of them a day through the barn-like structure during the peak years for screening. Government inspectors asked a list of twenty-nine probing questions, such as: Have you money, relatives or a job in the United States? Are you a polygamist? An anarchist? Next, the doctors and nurses poked

Medical examination
Ellis Island, 1910
and prodded them, looking for signs of disease or debilitating handicaps. Usually immigrants were only detained 3 or 4 hours, and then free to leave. If they did not receive stamps of approval, and many did not because they were deemed criminals, strikebreakers, anarchists or carriers of disease, they were sent back to their place of origin at the expense of the shipping line.
For the newcomers arriving without family, some solace could be found in the ethnic neighborhoods populated by their fellow countrymen. Here they could converse in their native tongue, practice their religion, and take part in cultural celebrations that helped ease the loneliness. Often, though, life for all was not easy. Most industries offered hazardous conditions and very low wages--lowered further after the padrone took out his share. Urban housing was overcrowded and unsanitary. Many found it very difficult to accept. An old Italian saying summed up the disillusionment felt by many: "I came to America because I heard the streets were paved with gold. When I got here, found out three things: First, the streets weren't paved with gold; second, they weren't paved at all: and third, I was expected to pave them." In spite of the difficulties, few gave up and returned home.
References:
   Kraut, Alan, The Huddled Masses: The Immigrant in American Society, 1880-1921 (1982); Handlin, Oscar, The Uprooted (1951).
How To Cite This Article:

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/snpim1.htm

IP Logged

Poor Wallys Almanac
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #8 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:03am:
If you have proof of what you say, then post it.  Based on history

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/snpim1.htm

I think this is a better reference  http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/09/30/how-u-s-immigration-laws-and-rul...

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:51am
Print Post  
If it weren't for people from "shithole" countries, there wouldn't be a United States of America.

Donald Trump is the president of white trash racists.  That's all.

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules