Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump doesn't like Black people from "shithole countries"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump doesn't like Black people from "shithole countries" (Read 3,091 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump doesn't like Black people from "shithole countries"
Reply #40 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
I went to bed a half an hour ago and I've been stewing over this, irritated.  And had to get up and vent my spleen.

In the back of my mind I almost want to discuss what Trump said here and whether it has any validity.  I could point out his rabid base is probably cheering loudly now saying "Damn straight!  Preach on my brutha from another mutha!" 

A small part of me ... the contrarian and the perennial devil's advocate wants to point out "he said nothing about the people ... saying this is racist is redefining what racist means" and argue that point.  And say "It's worth examining as an issue."  After all I did have a discussion with my wife and asked her ... where could Trump have said besides Norway as an alternative as a nonshithole that WOULDN'T have been racist?  The only place I could think of was Japan.

But none of that's important.

This is too much for me to remain coolly aloof and objective.  I'm a liberal.  Not a Trumpian. And I can only excuse so much.  Trump has finally jumped the shark himself after a couple years of sharks flying wildly all around him.

It doesn't crappity smacking matter what country they're coming from.  Why the crappity smack would they want to come here from Norway?  To Norway the UNITED STATES is the shithole country.  Sure he could have said Japan as a nonwhite country alternative.  But Japanese people aren't beating the doors down to get here from Japan because to the people of Japan the UNITED STATES is the shithole country.  After all, we imprisoned people for being Japanese less than a hundred years ago under the regime of one of our most celebrated and "enlightened" presidents.

Most of the immigrants that have ever come to America ... our nation of immigrants ... came from a shithole country.  What the crappity smack other reason could they have for wanting to come here?

This is the kind of thing the more idiotic of Trump's supporters are going to start saying "Hey, he's right. Notice all the countries with nonwhite folk are all shitholes?  What's that tell ya?  Huh?  What's that tell ya???"  Nudge nudge wink wink.  Because frankly ... understanding that part of the reason they're shitholes is because the west has chewed them up and spit them out as grist for their mill is hard.  And waaaay beyond the intellectual capacity of far too many of his supporters.

I laughed when I first saw what Trump said.  Because I've grown pretty accustomed to laughing at shit Trump says.  It's kind of my kneejerk first reaction.  Even when he's being serious.  But after the first few minutes the humor wore off and the cold reality that our president just insulted most of the countries of the world for no other reason than to be a turd sank in.  And in doing so insulted a huge number of my fellow citizens who hail from those countries. 

For. No. Other. Reason. Than. To. Be. A. Turd. 

The political points he earns from this are negligible.  The people who are responding to this favorably didn't need any more special Trump sauce.  They were already with him.

I'm sure I'll have more to say.  This one ain't gonna go away and fade into the background like the rest.  This is the one where moderate conservatives are going to have a hard time rationalizing their support for Trump. 

This is the one where Trump finally fulfills my hopeful prophetic vision of driving the Republicans even further to the left.  Because like I said to Amom the other day.  I never said he'd do it on purpose.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #41 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:22pm:
Here's why I disagree: The Republican Party didn't even want him. Many of the Republicans still don't support him. In my opinion, Trump is more about getting things done than he is about satisfying his party. Sometimes, he does things that damage the Republicans. Remember when he invited top Democrats to a meeting and basically gave in to their idea? (I forgot what it was about.)

In the end, I think Trump is more about himself than he is about politics. He is more interested in making himself look good, at least in the eyes of his supporters or base. You can argue this his base is primarily made up of Republicans, but many of his supporters are simply conservatives. For example, I am not a Republican. I do not wholesale support any political party.

I think it had to do with hurricane relief money...

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #42 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 10:42pm:
I went to bed a half an hour ago and I've been stewing over this, irritated.  And had to get up and vent my spleen.

In the back of my mind I almost want to discuss what Trump said here and whether it has any validity.  I could point out his rabid base is probably cheering loudly now saying "Damn straight!  Preach on my brutha from another mutha!" 

A small part of me ... the contrarian and the perennial devil's advocate wants to point out "he said nothing about the people ... saying this is racist is redefining what racist means" and argue that point.  And say "It's worth examining as an issue."  After all I did have a discussion with my wife and asked her ... where could Trump have said besides Norway as an alternative as a nonshithole that WOULDN'T have been racist?  The only place I could think of was Japan.

This is too much for me to remain coolly aloof and objective.  I'm a liberal.  Not a Trumpian. And I can only excuse so much.  Trump has finally jumped the shark himself after a couple years of sharks flying wildly all around him.

It doesn't crappity smacking matter what country they're coming from.  Why the crappity smack would they want to come here from Norway?  To Norway the UNITED STATES is the shithole country.  Sure he could have said Japan as a nonwhite country alternative.  But Japanese people aren't beating the doors down to get here from Japan because to the people of Japan the UNITED STATES is the shithole country.  After all, we imprisoned people for being Japanese less than a hundred years ago under the regime of one of our most celebrated and "enlightened" presidents.

Most of the immigrants that have ever come to America ... our nation of immigrants ... came from a shithole country.  What the crappity smack other reason could they have for wanting to come here?

This is the kind of thing the more idiotic of Trump's supporters are going to start saying "Hey, he's right. Notice all the countries with nonwhite folk are all shitholes?  What's that tell ya?  Huh?  What's that tell ya???"  Nudge nudge wink wink.  Because frankly ... understanding that part of the reason they're shitholes is because the west has chewed them up and spit them out as grist for their mill is hard.  And waaaay beyond the intellectual capacity of far too many of his supporters.

I laughed when I first saw what Trump said.  Because I've grown pretty accustomed to laughing at shit Trump says.  It's kind of my kneejerk first reaction.  Even when he's being serious.  But after the first few minutes the humor wore off and the cold reality that our president just insulted most of the countries of the world for no other reason than to be a turd sank in.  And in doing so insulted a huge number of my fellow citizens who hail from those countries. 

For. No. Other. Reason. Than. To. Be. A. Turd. 

The political points he earns from this are negligible.  The people who are responding to this favorably didn't need any more special Trump sauce.  They were already with him.

I'm sure I'll have more to say.  This one ain't gonna go away and fade into the background like the rest.  This is the one where moderate conservatives are going to have a hard time rationalizing their support for Trump. 

This is the one where Trump finally fulfills my hopeful prophetic vision of driving the Republicans even further to the left.  Because like I said to Amom the other day.  I never said he'd do it on purpose.

Queshank

Well said. Thank you.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #43 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
This is too much for me to remain coolly aloof and objective.

Well, if you were to put your "objective" hat back on, would you say Trump said "****hole countries" because he dislikes black people? Because that's the argument that the OP is trying to make.

As for the rest of your post, the U.S. may or may not have to do with the riff-raffiness of the world's po countries. You'll have to do some real convincing. But even so, I fail to see why that would be a concern. Our focus should be on making *OUR* country the best it can be. Why should we worry about the riff-raff countries?

"America First." That's been Trump's stated agenda from day one. So his comments here should not take you (or anyone else) by surprise.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #44 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
I think Trump is clapping himself on the back for this one.  It's caused so much of a to-do that major news networks are displaying (and speaking) the word "shithole" as part of their nightly news coverage of the day.  The never-trumpers are aghast and pointing at him -- "see?!  see?!", while the Trump supporters are laughing it up -- "damn straight!"

I doubt he intended anything beyond his proverbial locker room talk.  But it served as a nice shrill dog-whistle, amplified by all the news feeds for the next week.

He loves his base, he'll see his base thrilled with this shithole thing, and he'll start flinging that sort of poo around a bit more in the next few months.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #45 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:22am
Print Post  

This part of you is thinking correctly.

Are there no white people in Haiti? Are there no black people in Norway?
He's not talking about the people being shitty people, he's talking about their country being shitty... which is stating the obvious or they wouldn't be trying to gtfo. Problem is Haiti and El Salvador being so poorly run have created poor people who end up coming here living off our government. There's nothing wrong with us preferring to import people that have something of value to offer right off the bat.

Quote:

It doesn't crappity smacking matter what country they're coming from.  Why the crappity smack would they want to come here from Norway?  To Norway the UNITED STATES is the shithole country.

True... and if Americans were going to Norway and living off their government and bringing some rapist, murders and gang members with us I would totally understand if they decided to stop or slow down any migration from America.

Quote:
Sure he could have said Japan as a nonwhite country alternative.  But Japanese people aren't beating the doors down to get here from Japan because to the people of Japan the UNITED STATES is the shithole country.

So it's ok for you to refer to America as a shithole country but not for Trump to call Haiti one?
Japan is legitimately racist and they show it but I don't hear liberals like you raging about that...

Quote:
After all, we imprisoned people for being Japanese less than a hundred years ago under the regime of one of our most celebrated and "enlightened" presidents.

When is enough enough? We need to take care of our Vets and our poor and our sick ... we need to fix our shitholes like Chicago and West Virginia, we can't take in the whole fuccking third world! Where does if fuccking end?!

Quote:
This is the kind of thing the more idiotic of Trump's supporters are going to start saying "Hey, he's right. Notice all the countries with nonwhite folk are all shitholes?  What's that tell ya?  Huh?  What's that tell ya???"  Nudge nudge wink wink.  Because frankly ... understanding that part of the reason they're shitholes is because the west has chewed them up and spit them out as grist for their mill is hard.  And waaaay beyond the intellectual capacity of far too many of his supporters

Oh give me a break. You liberals blame America for everything and it's gross. A lot of the problem with those countries is ideology, crooked or bad leaders, bad geography, civil war, gang violence and many other reasons.

Quote:

Again if people from shithole countries came here to get away from them, they're already aware that they left a shithole... where is the surprise or insult? Did they insult they're country by leaving?
Maybe Trump had a reason for saying what he did... maybe he's aware of MS13 gang violence and wants to protect us from it or maybe he sees the increase in violent crime in places like Minnesota where many Somalis have made their home but a lot refuse to assimilate and some join terror groups.

Quote:

Queshank

I agree this won't go away... the dishonest media won't let it and we all know they run the narrative.

Must be nice to have that media privilege.

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #46 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:43am
Print Post  

This is too much for me to remain coolly aloof and objective. I'm a liberal.  Not a Trumpian. And I can only excuse so much.  Trump has finally jumped the shark himself after a couple years of sharks flying wildly all around him.

Well so what? So objectivity is supposed to go out the window because of that? To actually stew over this and lose sleep over it is just silly. What's important here is how the op represents this. Whether someone here agrees with what he said or not, the President wasn't talking about race. If what Trump said is really so damned bad then people shouldn't need to misrepresent what he said, or try to put words in mouth such as was done in the op. 
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:51am by glen65 »  

IP Logged

20TRUMP20
LNF Senior Staffer1

Make America White Again

Reply #47 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Finally Trump comes back to his senses. I was a little concerned after his DACA/I'll-sign-anything performance, the one where Kevin McCarthy had to jump in and contradict the President right to his face. But after this, we are right back where we belong, we are right back on tract. MAWA!  You go, Mr. President!

Saxon dog.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #48 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:55am
Print Post  
20TRUMP20 wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:48am:
Finally Trump comes back to his senses. I was a little concerned after his DACA/I'll-sign-anything performance, the one where Kevin McCarthy had to jump in and contradict the President right to his face. But after this, we are right back where we belong, we are right back on tract. MAWA!  You go, Mr. President!

I can't tell if you are being serious or not, but regardless I'm pretty sure Trump thought DACA included the wall and ending chain migration ... he didn't realize that Diane Feinstein was talking about shielding dreamers only and doing the rest at a later date..

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #49 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:56am
Print Post  

Haiti is 95% black & 5% Mulatto & Norway is about 98% white & I think the other 2% is pickled herring   Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump doesn't like Black people from "shithole countries"

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules