Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Congressman Darrell Issa Calls It Quits! (Another One Bites the Dust)
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Congressman Darrell Issa Calls It Quits! (Another One Bites the Dust) (Read 158 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Congressman Darrell Issa Calls It Quits! (Another One Bites the Dust)
Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) will not seek reelection, he announced Wednesday — the latest sign of a growing Democratic wave in this year’s midterm elections.
https://sandiegofreepress.org/2018/01/congressman-darrell-issa-calls-it-quits-an...

Here are all the Republicans ditching Congress ahead of the 2018 elections
https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/republicans-not-running-reelection-2018/
SENATE:
Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.): Corker said he would not seek a third term in 2018 and has been feuding with Trump on a number of issues. Trump has said Corker “begged” him to endorse the Tennessee lawmaker, and he more recently said the senator couldn’t be elected “dog catcher” in Tennessee, despite him winning an election to actually get into Congress.
Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.): Flake, another frequent target of Trump, made a speech on the Senate floor in late October where he announced he would not be running again in 2018 and lambasted the political climate that Trump has encouraged.

HOUSE:
Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.): Dent said in September that he would not seek an eighth term in Congress. He told Fox News that the decision was for personal reasons and that the “polarization around here is pretty severe.”
Rep. John Duncan (R-Tenn.): Duncan said in July that he will not seek reelection. He is the longest-serving Tennessean in Congress.
Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.): Goodlatte, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, announced his intention not to run just two days after the sweeping wins by Democrats in his home state.
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas): Harding, the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, said the “time seems right for my departure” when he announced he would leave Congress in late October.
Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-Kan.): Jenkins announced in January that she would not seek a sixth term in office and plans to explore opportunities in the private sector.
Rep. Sam Johnson (R-Texas): Johnson, 86, is the oldest Republican in Congress. He said he would not seek a 14th term in January.
Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-N.J.): LoBiondo, a 12-term congressman, said the nation was “consumed by increasing political polarization” in his announcement. Some have speculated his seat in New Jersey—which just elected a Democratic governor—could flip to a Democrat in 2018.
Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.): Murphy received backlash after it was revealed he asked his mistress to have an abortion despite his staunch anti-abortion stances. Several days later, he said he would resign from Congress at the end of his term.
Rep. Ted Poe (R-Texas): The Texas congressman announced in November he would not seek reelection. He said he hopes to spend more time with his 12 grandchildren. He served seven terms in Congress.
Rep. Dave Reichert (R-Wash.): The seven-term Republican announced in September he would not seek reelection, adding that it was not an easy decision—but the “right one for my family and me.”
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.): Lehtinen has represented Miami since 1989. She said she disagreed with Trump on “many, if not most” of his positions, but he was not “part of the calculation of retiring.”
Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas): The chairman of the House Science, Space and Technology Committee said in early November he would not run again for his seat in the 21st district of Texas “for several reasons,” but he did not elaborate.
Rep. Pat Tiberi (R-Ohio): In mid-October, Tiberi said he would not seek reelection and instead will lead the Ohio Business Roundtable, an organization comprised of the state’s CEOs that works on research and policy areas.
Rep. Dave Trott (R-Mish.): Trott’s retirement from Congress could put his district in play for Democrats, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Congressman Darrell Issa Calls It Quits! (Another One Bites the Dust)
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
I only wish more Congressionals of all stripes had the courage to call it quits....especially ms Pelosi, Schumer, schiff, Menendez, Durban, and Cummings would follow suit.. Then, America might have a fair chance.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Jiminy Cricket wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:11pm:
I only wish more Congressionals of all stripes had the courage to call it quits....especially ms Pelosi, Schumer, schiff, Menendez, Durban, and Cummings would follow suit.. Then, America might have a fair chance.

I agree. If I could change one thing about our political system, I would institute term limits.

"This is MY house now!"

IP Logged

Stop Being Naked in the Car
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:18pm
Print Post  

They can't quit. They'd starve to death in the private sector.

IP Logged

Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:31am
Print Post  

How's my list for diversity? A woman, a white Jew, a Hispanic, a black Muslim, ...a veritable list showing diversity! They could join the afore-mentioned list of republicans leaving, and that would make America even greater again!

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:23pm:
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) will not seek reelection, he announced Wednesday — the latest sign of a growing Democratic wave in this year’s midterm elections.
https://sandiegofreepress.org/2018/01/congressman-darrell-issa-calls-it-quits-an...

SENATE:
Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.): Corker said he would not seek a third term in 2018 and has been feuding with Trump on a number of issues. Trump has said Corker “begged” him to endorse the Tennessee lawmaker, and he more recently said the senator couldn’t be elected “dog catcher” in Tennessee, despite him winning an election to actually get into Congress.
Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.): Flake, another frequent target of Trump, made a speech on the Senate floor in late October where he announced he would not be running again in 2018 and lambasted the political climate that Trump has encouraged.

HOUSE:
Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.): Dent said in September that he would not seek an eighth term in Congress. He told Fox News that the decision was for personal reasons and that the “polarization around here is pretty severe.”
Rep. John Duncan (R-Tenn.): Duncan said in July that he will not seek reelection. He is the longest-serving Tennessean in Congress.
Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.): Goodlatte, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, announced his intention not to run just two days after the sweeping wins by Democrats in his home state.
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas): Harding, the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, said the “time seems right for my departure” when he announced he would leave Congress in late October.
Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-Kan.): Jenkins announced in January that she would not seek a sixth term in office and plans to explore opportunities in the private sector.
Rep. Sam Johnson (R-Texas): Johnson, 86, is the oldest Republican in Congress. He said he would not seek a 14th term in January.
Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-N.J.): LoBiondo, a 12-term congressman, said the nation was “consumed by increasing political polarization” in his announcement. Some have speculated his seat in New Jersey—which just elected a Democratic governor—could flip to a Democrat in 2018.
Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.): Murphy received backlash after it was revealed he asked his mistress to have an abortion despite his staunch anti-abortion stances. Several days later, he said he would resign from Congress at the end of his term.
Rep. Ted Poe (R-Texas): The Texas congressman announced in November he would not seek reelection. He said he hopes to spend more time with his 12 grandchildren. He served seven terms in Congress.
Rep. Dave Reichert (R-Wash.): The seven-term Republican announced in September he would not seek reelection, adding that it was not an easy decision—but the “right one for my family and me.”
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.): Lehtinen has represented Miami since 1989. She said she disagreed with Trump on “many, if not most” of his positions, but he was not “part of the calculation of retiring.”
Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas): The chairman of the House Science, Space and Technology Committee said in early November he would not run again for his seat in the 21st district of Texas “for several reasons,” but he did not elaborate.
Rep. Pat Tiberi (R-Ohio): In mid-October, Tiberi said he would not seek reelection and instead will lead the Ohio Business Roundtable, an organization comprised of the state’s CEOs that works on research and policy areas.
Rep. Dave Trott (R-Mish.): Trott’s retirement from Congress could put his district in play for Democrats, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Must be a tough and waste of a  life being a Republican congressman in Calif

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:39am
Print Post  

SENATE:

HOUSE:

Are any of them from the 2010 tea party wave that so many so called conservatives  boasted about for years? Huh Roll Eyes Grin

I seen it all along  Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #7 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:43am
Print Post  

Quote:
I only wish more Congressionals of all stripes had the courage to call it quits..

"It's natural to man to indulge in the illusions of Hope - Patrick Henry

IP Logged

Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative

Reply #8 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Jiminy Cricket wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:31am:
How's my list for diversity? A woman, a white Jew, a Hispanic, a black Muslim, ...a veritable list showing diversity! They could join the afore-mentioned list of republicans leaving, and that would make America even greater again!

My post almost sounds like the start of a classic story...I.e....a priest, a rabbi, and a minister go to a bar...but there is no joke or punchline here. The gang of congressionals I mentioned would do America a great service if they just faded into the sunset.

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:25am
Print Post  

SENATE:

HOUSE:

I wonder how many of them are frustrated with the growing populism in their party. Chances are they will be replaced with people who are worse, and some of these people will get elected.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Congressman Darrell Issa Calls It Quits! (Another One Bites the Dust)

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules