Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Judicial Rebellion
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Judicial Rebellion (Read 1,080 times)
Wally Wants a Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: The Judicial Rebellion
Reply #10 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:25pm:
You people are actually proud of your nakedly  politicised courts, aren't you?

I was thinking of you, Limey, as I expanded my comment about our corrupt courts being on full display.   The world is watching the hypocrisy of a once fair and impartial legal system which has become politicized with partisan judicial activist judges who do not apply our laws but make rulings based upon their own political beliefs and those of their party Leaders (whether or not, they are in or out of office).

By the way, I don't claim to be a scholar of British courts, but I think there have been times that your courts have gone through the same sort of purging of corrupt judges that we must engage in,
Although British and American courts are among the best systems on our planet, it doesn't mean that the Administration of such courts is  stagnant and does not go astray and has to be brought back into compliance, from time to time.  Many other nations, allow corruption to thrive and the only way to ever change it is through violent revolution!

I think it's good to have the whole problem laid out for the world to see and as our system of justice comes back into compliance with our Constitution and our body of existing laws, the United States will demonstrate our unique ability to deal with such problems in a manner which brings our nation back to the rule of law, without a revolution.  This is the most unique thing about both of our nations.  Don't you agree?

" The few will always act like the few.Ē

ĖMachiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:53am:
And... what of Trumps extension of this unconstitutional usurpation of power by Obama... anything Stu?? Huh Roll Eyes

He has the complete authority of overruling Obama's EO.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative

Reply #12 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:26pm:
Treason has a very specific legal definition.  You should probably look it up because judges ruling against Trump isn't treasonous.

You are assuming that it is because they ruled against Trump that others are stating that their behavior is deemed by some as treasonous when, in actuality, their rulings may be against the constition.
That trump may disagree with those courts' decisions does not mean that their behavior is not treasonous.

IP Logged

Jiminy Cricket
LNF Representative

Reply #13 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
[quote author=674440444354726E5F444E4648592D0 link=1515839528/12#12 date=1515871434]

You are assuming that it is because they ruled against Trump that others are stating that their behavior is deemed by some as treasonous when, in actuality, their rulings may be against the constitution.
That trump may disagree with those courts' decisions does not mean that their behavior is not treasonous or even treacherous.

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Reply #14 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:26pm:
Treason has a very specific legal definition.  You should probably look it up because judges ruling against Trump isn't treasonous.

Yes, treason has a definition, and the word fits this situation.

Quote:
Definition of treason
1 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family
2 : the betrayal of a trust : treachery

What this judge did is an overt act that attempts to overthrow constitutional government as it applies to executive orders. What he's saying is that the executive order Obama put into effect cannot be overridden by Trump's executive order. That is akin to crowning Obama king as his edict stands inviolable without the blessing of congress or the people. That, my dear leftist, is treason. It is an attempt to overthrow the principles of Constitution and the bedrock principles of the United States of America.

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

Wally Wants a Wall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #15 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
For several decades there has been a debate between the Left and the Right about our Constitution and whether it is " a Living Document" or as Originalists argue that the original meaning ought to be applied in interpreting cases and applying the law.   Law Professors, including Obama have taught new lawyers that the Constitutional doesn't mean what it says and that Judges are free to apply new rights as they deem fit, due to their own weighing of the facts (ignoring what is actually said in the Constitution).

There ought to be no great surprise that this is the direct consequence of such an activist movement to replace our Constitution with the theoretical bullshit of whatever some judge thinks the Constitution ought to provide as a civil right!

Just as our Congress and Presidents have kicked many cans down the road, the SCOTUS has been dodging having to deal with their own profession and laying down a clear Rule of Law for their inferior courts to follow!  It's high time that the SCOTUS reestablishes the Rule of Law and the supremacy of the original meaning of our Constitution, which can only be altered through the Constitutional process of Amendments.  The Left Wing Activists know they can not get enough people to agree with them to pass the sort of Amendments they wish, so they created this smokescreen about the Constitution being a Living Document in their Liberal Colleges and Universities and now the flaws of this legal theory are on full display for the entire word to see.  It undermines our entire government and the Rule of Law!

" The few will always act like the few.Ē

ĖMachiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #16 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
(((DEEP STATE)))

We should purge it for GRATE JUSTISS!

So much hyperbole!! I suspect some of you only want checks and balances when the opposition is in charge. Every time the Judicial branch exercises its authority, and it's against your POV, the ACTIVIST JUDGES! label get recycled.

Be honest, some of you are yearning for an authoritarian regime that pimps your worldview. SAD!  Grin

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #17 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:01am:
-------------------------------------------------

You are much more ignorant than I first thought. I feel kinda bad for you.   Sad

'American Thinker' is a fine site. If you have a problem with them, .. then, you possess some real deep-seated problems.  Cheesy

"American Thinker" is a conservative daily online site telling the right what they want to hear.

This is a site of political right wing opinions. People that don't buy into everything here don't have problems. People who think everything here is "fact" have the problems. I imagine you already know this and don't feel its a "fact" online site. Anyone who does has the problems.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Reply #18 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 3:06pm:
(((DEEP STATE)))

We should purge it for GRATE JUSTISS!

So much hyperbole!! I suspect some of you only want checks and balances when the opposition is in charge. Every time the Judicial branch exercises its authority, and it's against your POV, the ACTIVIST JUDGES! label get recycled.

Be honest, some of you are yearning for an authoritarian regime that pimps your worldview. SAD!  Grin

It's astounding to me that you take this so lightly. How would you feel if the judge had ruled that Trump's executive orders would enjoy everlasting life? Do you want Trump crowned a king?

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #19 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Jiminy Cricket wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
You are assuming that it is because they ruled against Trump that others are stating that their behavior is deemed by some as treasonous when, in actuality, their rulings may be against the constition.
That trump may disagree with those courts' decisions does not mean that their behavior is not treasonous.

Courts and judges are not infallible.  We all argue about if they made the right rulings based on our interpretation of the Constitution however just because they may make a ruling that we do not agree with does not make it treasonous.

Your argument as well as the other Trumpets is that they are traitors because they are making rulings that Trump and you disagree with.  That is not an assumption, that is your argument.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Judicial Rebellion

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules