Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tillerson: US Troops Will Stay in Syria
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Tillerson: US Troops Will Stay in Syria (Read 8,253 times)
Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Re: Tillerson: US Troops Will Stay in Syria
Reply #190 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 11:25am
Print Post  

Quote:
Syria war: Families and fighters flee IS's last village

Islamic State group (IS) members and their families have been fleeing the group's last sliver of territory in eastern Syria, as US-backed militia advance towards them.

Men, women and children, some with serious injuries, others describing running out of food, have been leaving the group's rapidly shrinking enclave, which the US military on Tuesday said amounted to about 50 sq km (20 sq miles).

They have been arriving at the village of Baghuz to surrender to the US-backed Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF)...

Source

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #191 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 5:13pm
Print Post  

Quote:
U.S. Military Sets April Target Date for Leaving Syria

WASHINGTON—The U.S. military is preparing to pull all American forces out of Syria by the end of April, even though the Trump administration has yet to come up with a plan to protect its Kurdish partners from attack when they leave, current and former U.S. officials said...

Unless the Trump administration alters course, the military plans to pull a significant portion of its forces out by mid-March, with a full withdrawal coming by the end of April, they said...

U.S. officials began briefing their European allies on the pullout from Syria this week in Washington when they came together for a conference to discuss the next chapter in the fight against Islamic State.

A State Department official said the U.S. has “no set timetable for withdrawal of military forces” from Syria...

The Pentagon declined to comment on the plans...

Under the working military plans, the U.S. would pull all troops out in the coming weeks—including about 200 Americans working out of a base in southern Syria that has served as an informal check on Iran’s expansionist ambitions in the region, the current and former U.S. officials said...

Source

I eagerly await the comments from the people who complained about a timetable for withdrawal in Iraq.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #192 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 5:13pm:
Source

I eagerly await the comments from the people who complained about a timetable for withdrawal in Iraq.

I just want our troops home. I don't care about the Turds or whatever might happen there. Syria is not our business.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative3

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #193 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 5:13pm:
Source

Ha!

The same people who supported the invasions and occupations are eerily silent and even breaking ranks with the neocon architects. They would NEVER go along with a draw down if the order came from POTUS (D), that much I'll swear by. They were too afraid to even house alleged terrorists in the US court system and wanted to keep them in Gitmo. I won't bust their balls too much about the 180, matter of fact I join them in support of the President.

Congress wants to outsource their duties and the previous POTUS maintained the occupations...only Trump could pull this off. Go Orange Man!

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #194 - Feb 20th, 2019 at 2:16pm
Print Post  

Quote:
The Current State Of ISIS As Its End Draws Near

ISIS has lost control of almost all of its territory after a years-long military campaign. NPR's Ari Shapiro talks with Associated Press reporter Sarah El Deeb, who is at the frontlines of the fight.

Source

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #195 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 10:57am
Print Post  

Quote:
US to keep 200 'peace keeping' troops in Syria in reversal of Trump withdrawal plan

The United States will leave a small “peace keeping” force of 200 troops in Syria for an unspecified amount of time, reversing an order by Donald Trump for a full withdrawal...

Mr Trump now appears to have reconsidered the plan, opting for a residual and largely symbolic force to remain in the country.

"A small peace keeping group of about 200 will remain in Syria for period of time," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Thursday, offering no more detail...

Source

Alrighty then.

IP Logged

jus_cogens2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #196 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Feb 22nd, 2019 at 10:57am:
Source

Alrighty then.

Other reports are suggesting it will be double that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-plan...
'
Kudos to Demos for keeping up this thread. It's actually an interesting documentation of the evolving clustercrappity smack of U.S. Syria policy (and I don't limit that to Trump).

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative3

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #197 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
jus_cogens2 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2019 at 3:59pm:
Other reports are suggesting it will be double that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-plan...
'
Kudos to Demos for keeping up this thread. It's actually an interesting documentation of the evolving clustercrappity smack of U.S. Syria policy (and I don't limit that to Trump).

Word™, one of my fave threads here.

I had hope that Trump could pull off a real change in our foreign policy but have given up. If he doesn't start any more wars I'll consider that a win.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #198 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 12:39pm
Print Post  

Quote:
A French Officer Speaks the Truth about the War in Syria

...Col. Francois-Regis Legrier, who leads the French artillery supporting Kurdish forces in Syria, recently excoriated the anti-ISIS coalition for its risk aversion and the resulting destruction of civilian areas. “Yes, the Battle of Hajin was won, at least on the ground, but by refusing ground engagement, we unnecessarily prolonged the conflict and thus contributed to increasing the number of casualties in the population,” Colonel Legrier wrote in France’s National Defense Review...

Colonel Legrier contended that a few thousand Western infantrymen could have made short work of ISIS’ final sanctuary. Repeating our infamous mistake at Tora Bora in Afghanistan, we chose not to employ our conventional troops in sustained combat. “This refusal raises a question: why have an army that we don’t dare use?” Legrier asked. This is not Madeleine Albright’s flippant taunt to Colin Powell in 1992; Colonel Legrier is a combat veteran who understands the costs of war. If the Islamic State really was and is a serious danger to the West, it should have been dealt with swiftly, decisively, and with no ambiguity about the capability and willingness of the West to destroy any legitimate jihadi target we can find...

Source

Quote:
Top French officer raps West's tactics against IS in Syria, faces punishment

MUNICH (Reuters) - A senior French officer involved in the fight against Islamic State in Syria faces punishment after launching a scathing attack on the U.S.-led coalition’s methods to defeat the group in its remaining stronghold of Hajin, the army said on Saturday...

The coalition could have got rid of just 2,000 militant fighters - who lacked air support or modern technological equipment - much more quickly and effectively by sending in just 1,000 troops, he argued.

“This refusal raises a question: why have an army that we don’t dare use?” he said...

“We have in no way won the war because we lack a realistic and lasting policy and an adequate strategy,” Legrier said. “How many Hajins will it take to understand that we are on the wrong track?”

Source

Long story short: we should have sent in Western troops and used an overwhelmingly ground assault to dislodge/defeat ISIS in Syria.

This argument ignores some of the U.S. legal issues involved in prosecuting such as conflict (not that those really matter to anyone); however, I would agree that "we lack a realistic and lasting policy and an adequate strategy" not only for dealing with terrorism but the Middle East in general.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #199 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
crappity smack it.

I give up.

Time to occupy the world.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tillerson: US Troops Will Stay in Syria

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules