Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tillerson: US Troops Will Stay in Syria
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Tillerson: US Troops Will Stay in Syria (Read 12,281 times)
Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative3

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Re: Tillerson: US Troops Will Stay in Syria
Reply #250 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 6:36pm:
Hasn't that morphed by now into a rather ambiguous affair that could be considered simply assisting the opposition of Assad? 

I mean here's actual video of "Isis's final battle" in Syria.  From CNN.  From February of 2019. 

This is the tagline of the video:

"In its dying days, ISIS' fight to the bitter end has been captured in exclusive footage by freelance photographer Gabriel Chaim and obtained by CNN."

Syria and Russia have both said ISIS is dead and it's time for the US to leave. 

But for some reason, we just can't leave.  I can't imagine what that reason might be.

Do you remember a thread I started about how we're never getting out of Syria after a dinner conversation with a friend on the ground in ... wait for it ... Kurdistan?

Queshank

I agree.

It's well past time.

IF that's what this is all about, then my apologies to the Kurds on their bad luck, again. Maybe I'm just in denial and we're really leaving, for good. I just doubt it. If the Kurds get slaughered by the Turks, and we're simply hanging around and not truly leaving, then my cynicism will be well founded. :/

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

Oh noes! Virtue Signaling!!

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #251 - Oct 7th, 2019 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Heres how the conversation probably went down between Trump and the turkish dude:

Turkey:  Hello Mr President Trump, America's greatest President ever.  Your hair looks amazing as usual.

Trump:  Why thank you.  I love you too.  XxOo.  So lets get to it.  Lots of corruption, and stuff going on.  And don't like how you're treating our friends the Kurds.  Not nice.

Turkey:  But the kurds are terrorists.

Trump:  omg they are? Shocked

Turkey:  They've been working with Joe Biden.

Trump:  Shit.  I knew it.  I need you to meet with my bitc..i mean my lawyer Rudy about this.

Turkey:  Perhaps we can do even better.  How about you pull out your troops and redeploy them in other areas of Iraq to confront those evil Iranians.  We heard they are still working with Joe.  We'll handle the kurds, and root out any corruption between them and the Bidens plus you can claim to be pulling out the troops and focus on Iran.

Trump:  That sounds super smart.  One of my best ideas ever.

Turkey:  yes, yes it is.

Trump:  Well I've got to go, time for another round of golf and the tanning bed.  We are the bestest friends ever.  Love you bye.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #252 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 10:00am
Print Post  

Queshank wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 6:36pm:
But for some reason, we just can't leave.  I can't imagine what that reason might be.

Iran.

And the administration (at least, the Pentagon and the State Dept) has been pretty up front about that, since the OP.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #253 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Oct 8th, 2019 at 10:00am:
Iran.

And the administration (at least, the Pentagon and the State Dept) has been pretty up front about that, since the OP.

Yes.  That's the rationalization.  Been the rationalization for decades now.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #254 - Oct 8th, 2019 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Oct 7th, 2019 at 7:02pm:
I agree.

It's well past time.

IF that's what this is all about, then my apologies to the Kurds on their bad luck, again. Maybe I'm just in denial and we're really leaving, for good. I just doubt it. If the Kurds get slaughered by the Turks, and we're simply hanging around and not truly leaving, then my cynicism will be well founded. :/

Oh no we're not leaving for good haha.

Trump is going to crappity smack up here, some Kurds are going to die, and the establishment is going to use it to continue the rationalization for an American presence and John Brennan and Michael Hayden are going to continue to insist they were right all along and continue to get paid by media outlets to defend their legacies.

We aren't getting out of Syria.  This news bubble is simply the latest salvo in the struggle.  A 4 year temp hire hasn't got enough influence to come between people and monetary incentives.

Queshank

The question isn't whether or not we're descended from monkeys.  The question is, when are we going to stop descending?

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #255 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 9:46am
Print Post  

Quote:
Kurds mobilize in Syria as Turkey poised for imminent attack

AKCAKALE, Turkey (AP) — Warning of a “humanitarian catastrophe,” Syrian Kurdish forces who are allied with the United States issued a “general mobilization” call on Wednesday in northeastern Syria, along the border with Turkey, as Ankara threatened an imminent invasion of the area...

A senior Turkish official said Wednesday that Turkey’s troops would “shortly” cross into Syria, together with allied Syrian rebel forces to battle the Kurdish fighters and also the Islamic State group...

In Wednesday’s attack, IS launched three suicide bombings against Kurdish positions in Raqqa. There was no immediate word on casualties. Raqqa is being Silently Slaughtered, an activist collective that covers news in the northern city, reported an exchange of fire and a blast.

The Observatory said the Raqqa attack involved two IS fighters who engaged in a shootout before blowing themselves up.

Also Wednesday, Iranian state television reported a surprise military drill with special operations forces near the country’s border with Turkey, in Iran’s Western Azerbaijan province. The TV didn’t mention the expected Turkish offensive into Syria or elaborate on the reasons for the drill.

The head of the Arab League, Ahmed Aboul Gheit, said he is alarmed at Turkey’s planned military offensive, adding in a statement that such an invasion would be a “blatant violation of Syria’s sovereignty and threatens Syria’s integrity..."

Source

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #256 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 9:48am
Print Post  

Quote:
The Turkish Armed Forces, together with the Syrian National Army, just launched #OperationPeaceSpring against PKK/YPG and Daesh terrorists in northern Syria. Our mission is to prevent the creation of a terror corridor across our southern border, and to bring peace to the area.

#OperationPeaceSpring will neutralize terror threats against Turkey and lead to the establishment of a safe zone, facilitating the return of Syrian refugees to their homes.

We will preserve Syria’s territorial integrity and liberate local communities from terrorists.

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #257 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 12:46pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Pentagon won’t take over Islamic State prisons if U.S.-allied Kurdish forces withdraw, officials say

The U.S. military has no plans to intervene if Syrian Kurdish forces abandon a constellation of Islamic State prisons in Syria to confront a possible Turkish invasion, officials said Tuesday.

Kurdish officials said that guards were still in place at the more than 20 prisons and camps under their control but were prepared to move, raising the possibility that about 11,000 militants and their families could escape.

U.S. officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe the evolving U.S. strategy in Syria, said the Pentagon did not have enough forces to oversee the prisons if those facilities were left unguarded, nor a mandate to do so...

Source

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #258 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 4:11pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Trump Calls Turkey’s Syrian Offensive a ‘Bad Idea’

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Wednesday called a Turkish military operation along the border with Syria “a bad idea” but reiterated his opposition to “endless, senseless wars,” even as leading Republicans expressed outrage and said the Turkish offensive could inflict lasting damage on Washington’s relationship with its NATO ally.

“The United States does not endorse this attack and has made it clear to Turkey that this operation is a bad idea,” Mr. Trump said in a statement released by the White House...

Source

Lulz

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #259 - Oct 9th, 2019 at 4:35pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Question: WHAT ABOUT IF THE ISIS FIGHTERS ESCAPE AND POSE A THREAT ELSEWHERE?

Trump: THEY WILL BE ESCAPING TO EUROPE. EUROPE DID NOT WANT TO THEM. THEY COULD HAVE HAD TRIALS, THEY COULD HAVE DONE WHAT THEY WANTED, BUT AS USUAL IT IS NOT RECIPROCAL. MY FAVORITE WORD, RECIPROCAL. THAT IS WHAT I WANT. I DO NOT WANT AN EDGE, I WANT RECIPROCAL. IT IS NOT A FAIR DEAL FOR THE UNITED STATES. WHEN PRESIDENT OBAMA TOOK THE PKK, YOU KNOW WHERE THEY BRING IN THE PKK, THAT IS A TOUGH DEAL BECAUSE THAT HAS BEEN A MORTAL ENEMY OF TURKEY. SO WHEN YOU BRING THEM INTO A PARTNERSHIP, THAT IS A TOUGH SITUATION. IT IS TOUGH FOR TURKEY AND IT IS TOUGH FOR THEM. THEY HAVE HATED EACH OTHER FOR MANY YEARS. FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS. IT IS AMAZING WHEN YOU LOOK AT HISTORY AND YOU LOOK AT CULTURE. YOU LOOK AT THE LENGTH OF TIME, THEY HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR SO LONG. SO WE IMPOSE OURSELVES INTO IT. I SAID IT YESTERDAY, THE SINGLE WORST COUNTRY OF THE UNITED STATES -- IF YOU TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE ARE DOING WITH THESE COUNTRIES AND THE RELATIONSHIPS WE HAVE WITH COUNTRIES, MAY BE PUTTING IT A DIFFERENT WAY -- THE WORST MISTAKE THAT THE UNITED STATES -- WORST MISTAKE THAT THE UNITED STATES HAS EVER MADE WAS GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST. IT IS A QUAGMIRE. WE ARE UP CLOSE TO $8 TRILLION AND WE ARE BRINGING OUR FOLKS BACK HOME. WE HAVE TALENTED MILITARY AND WE ARE BRINGING THEM BACK HOME. OUR MILITARY HAS NEVER BEEN STRONGER, BUT WE ARE NOW ACTING AS POLICE. WE ARE POLICING AREAS, DOING JOBS OTHER COUNTRIES SHOULD BE DOING. WE ARE DOING JOBS EUROPE SHOULD BE DOING. WE ARE DOING JOBS RUSSIA SHOULD BE DOING. THAT IRAN AND IRAQ SHOULD BE DOING. TURKEY AND SYRIA SHOULD BE DOING. THEY SHOULD BE DOING THIS. WE ARE 7000 MILES AWAY.

CSPAN

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tillerson: US Troops Will Stay in Syria

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog