Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A question no one has been able to answer yet.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A question no one has been able to answer yet. (Read 1,355 times)
Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Re: A question no one has been able to answer yet.
Reply #10 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 4:59pm:
I am curious how many times did evolution attempt to evolve man with all of life's complexities and do we have examples of just a mass of failed life.

We do.  There is an enormous number of extinct species, from ancient ones like trilobites to the Yangtze river dolphin (the baiji), which was last seen in 2004 and was declared extinct in 2006.  Smallpox was enormously successful but is now all but extinct.  The vaguita, a tiny porpoise in the Gulf of California, is down to a population of less than 100 and will likely go extinct in a few years.

Quote:
One would assume it took many multiple attempts to get this right over and over and over again with all life forms here on earth.

There's no "getting it right".  Evolution never finishes.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 6:54pm:
We do.  There is an enormous number of extinct species, from ancient ones like trilobites to the Yangtze river dolphin (the baiji), which was last seen in 2004 and was declared extinct in 2006.  Smallpox was enormously successful but is now all but extinct.  The vaguita, a tiny porpoise in the Gulf of California, is down to a population of less than 100 and will likely go extinct in a few years.

There's no "getting it right".  Evolution never finishes.
That is not what I meant.  The human body is exremely complex, how did nature know the piecing together all the complexity of the body without multiple failures.  How many attempts did it take to perfect mankind?  Valid question for a thinking mind.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2018 at 9:04pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:35pm:
That is not what I meant.  The human body is exremely complex, how did nature know the piecing together all the complexity of the body without multiple failures.  How many attempts did it take to perfect mankind?  Valid question for a thinking mind.

"Nature"' gets it "wrong" all the time, even now. People are born handicapped, with fatal conditions, before modern medicine, most babies would die in their first year.

In the wild, no handicapped animal lives very long, he's soon disposed of by its usual predator...

That's your "merciful" god for you. Anything we've done to prevent that, we've done on our own, through study and science. Your "god" doesn't give two shits about the human condition...

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 9:26am
Print Post  
just_me wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 6:23pm:

First learn how to use the quote thingie

Second, I thought I did answer. In spite of your misunderstanding of life, them little tiny first signs of life didn't have hearts.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #14 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 8:35pm:
That is not what I meant.  The human body is exremely complex, how did nature know the piecing together all the complexity of the body without multiple failures.

Like I said, there were plenty of failures.

Quote:
How many attempts did it take to perfect mankind?

Mankind is not perfected in any sense of the word, and we continue to evolve.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

Reply #15 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 3:50am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 9:47am:
A god atheist would say no one...

Who created the God atheist?  Huh Cheesy

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

Reply #16 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 3:52am
Print Post  
just_me wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:18pm:
[quote author=063F3E222F384A0 link=1516243941/2#2 date=1516276104]

Here's a better one

Who created God? Wink That was not the question but a typical dodge around the question.  it. We are aware how a heart is restarted that has stopped during surgery .  Smiley

Quote:
That was not the question but a typical dodge around the question.

It was just a better question Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

Reply #17 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 4:57pm:
No one, he is the Great I Am.  He is eternal, time is a creation of God, it does not exist in his realm.

Just sounds like a bunch of religious gibberish said over many campfires to me Seawolf Roll Eyes

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 3:50am:
Who created the God atheist?  Huh Cheesy

A god atheist is someone who believes in a god that wasn't created...
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2018 at 8:46am by BowHunter »  

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 3:55am:
Just sounds like a bunch of religious gibberish said over many campfires to me Seawolf Roll Eyes

Yet life creating itself out of nothing through a series of accidents is not.   Huh

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › A question no one has been able to answer yet.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules