Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Question about the Bible.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Question about the Bible. (Read 3,277 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Question about the Bible.
Reply #100 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
atreyu wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:52pm:
.....and /facepalm back to creating an argument that no one made.  I guess that's one way to win an argument, though it borders on insanity.

Again, what are you looking for, points?  If you do not wish to believe, that is your prerogative.  Why should anyone waste their time running around in a circular debate?  You do not believe, Ok.  Now what?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Staffer1

Reply #101 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:28pm:
Again, what are you looking for, points?  If you do not wish to believe, that is your prerogative.  Why should anyone waste their time running around in a circular debate?  You do not believe, Ok.  Now what?

I'm not creating the circular debate, you are.  You however don't realize it for some reason.  You went all the way back to "accident" which no one claimed but yourself.

Refrain from insults and discuss.

« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:19pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #102 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:28pm:

Well, anybody who spends a lot of time on internet sites like this one has plenty of free time.  Myself included.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #103 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
atreyu wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:54am:
I'm not creating the circular debate, you are.  You however don't realize it for some reason.  You went all the way back to "accident" which no one claimed but yourself.

Cognitive dissonance?

Again, why are you here, exactly what do you think you are going to accomplish, changing my mind?  My point was valid in the discussion of the Bible and my faith.  I expressed to you why I simply can not take your side or point of view that all of this just happened and is relevant to this thread.  Now honest question, what is it you are trying to accomplish?  I keep asking you that question and you will not answer.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:32pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #104 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:11pm:
Again, why are you here, exactly what do you think you are going to accomplish, changing my mind?  Honest question because it is a circular debate.  I keep asking you that question and you will not answer.

Evangelicals, by definition, seek converts.  Matters not what they're evangelizing.  (I am using the specific definition "fervent advocacy of a cause" for this purpose.)  Evangelical atheists seek to "de-convert" believers in some cases, but in most cases they just like to poke fun at them.  So that's probably why she's here.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #105 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:24pm:
Evangelicals, by definition, seek converts.  Matters not what they're evangelizing.  (I am using the specific definition "fervent advocacy of a cause" for this purpose.)  Evangelical atheists seek to "de-convert" believers in some cases, but in most cases they just like to poke fun at them.  So that's probably why she's here.

I agree and she will not be honest by simply answering the question.  She is pivoting.

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Staffer1

Reply #106 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
atreyu wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 9:54am:

Refrain from insults and discuss.

I am discussing, where is the insult?  I do believe you are projecting, especially with the further comment that I'm pivoting.  Wow.

I think you should look in the mirror, or at the very least go back and answer some questions asked of you truthfully.

« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2018 at 7:58pm by atreyu »  

IP Logged

atreyu
LNF Staffer1

Reply #107 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:11pm:
Again, why are you here, exactly what do you think you are going to accomplish, changing my mind?  My point was valid in the discussion of the Bible and my faith.  I expressed to you why I simply can not take your side or point of view that all of this just happened and is relevant to this thread.  Now honest question, what is it you are trying to accomplish?  I keep asking you that question and you will not answer.

Just an admission that there is nothing scientific or evidential about your belief.  It is simply faith.  I've only got a problem with the fake facts you put forward, I don't care what your beliefs are.  I do care that you think they should be codified in government, yet can't produce any evidence that they should be.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #108 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 3:53am
Print Post  
atreyu wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 7:55pm:
Just an admission that there is nothing scientific or evidential about your belief.  It is simply faith.  I've only got a problem with the fake facts you put forward, I don't care what your beliefs are.  I do care that you think they should be codified in government, yet can't produce any evidence that they should be.

He does that with everybody.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #109 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 6:26am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Feb 25th, 2018 at 4:14pm:
Well, anybody who spends a lot of time on internet sites like this one has plenty of free time.  Myself included.

I find that the more senior I get at work, the more time I spend here and playing World of Tanks Blitz.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Question about the Bible.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules