Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Any Black Panther fans out there?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Any Black Panther fans out there? (Read 1,208 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Any Black Panther fans out there?
Feb 8th, 2018 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
I confess, I was around in 1966 when the character first appeared in The Avengers.  I bought the mag and still wish I had it.  For a kid that lived in the ghetto, it was a major thrill to see THAT.  I should point out there was no "Black Panther party" at that time.  This was strictly Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.  As things go in my life, I'll be able to take my kids to see a comic hero at the same age when I first saw him.  Check it out.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Any Black Panther fans out there?
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
That's pretty crappity smacking awesome man. 

I was kinda disappointed my daughter was 21 when I went to Wonder Woman with her.  It'd have been nice to take her to that movie when she was 5.  It's kinda sad and emblematic of women's actual social status when as 51% of our population they don't get a superhero movie until nearly 20 years after the first black superhero kicks ass as Wesley Snipes snuffin vampires.

Being able to take kids when they're still kids to things like this is important.  I sincerely believe that.

My luck my daughter grew up wanting to be a hobbit.  /shrug

Have you checked out the new SpiderMan?  Miles Morales?  Brian Bendis is one of the best writers in comic books and he did great things with that book.  If your kids are little and into comics you should check it out.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
I confess, I was around in 1966 when the character first appeared in The Avengers.  I bought the mag and still wish I had it.  For a kid that lived in the ghetto, it was a major thrill to see THAT.  I should point out there was no "Black Panther party" at that time.  This was strictly Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.  As things go in my life, I'll be able to take my kids to see a comic hero at the same age when I first saw him.  Check it out.

Greg

Looks really well done. I never catch any movies at the theater anymore, but I'll get it as soon as it becomes available on iTunes.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 6:09pm:
Looks really well done. I never catch any movies at the theater anymore, but I'll get it as soon as it becomes available on iTunes.

Come on now.  Funny you should mention that.  My son is 13 and last night I sat on the couch with him and watched 2001 A Space Odyssey on TCM.  I was exactly his age in 1968 and went to see it in wide screen and sterophonic sound at the Loews State theater in downtown Cleveland.  That was a true experience for me.  50 years later, my son only glanced up a few times from his IPhone while the movie was on.  Oh well...

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Come on now.  Funny you should mention that.  My son is 13 and last night I sat on the couch with him and watched 2001 A Space Odyssey on TCM.  I was exactly his age in 1968 and went to see it in wide screen and sterophonic sound at the Loews State theater in downtown Cleveland.  That was a true experience for me.  50 years later, my son only glanced up a few times from his IPhone while the movie was on.  Oh well...

Greg

To tell you the truth, I never understood what all the fuss was all about...

And yet I am a Kubrick fan!!!

It must be a generational thing.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  

Greg

I was fascinated by 2001 A Space Odyssey as a kid. 

I was hooked and enjoyed 2010 in the theatres as well.

I still probably have somewhere a copy of the book 2061: Odyssey Three that I checked out from the library of Ft Lee Virginia and forgot to take back before I left for home.

I tried to get my wife to watch it when we first got together.  Roughly 2005 or so.  She made me shut it off halfway through :/

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

MJ

Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Feb 9th, 2018 at 9:47am:
I was fascinated by 2001 A Space Odyssey as a kid. 

I was hooked and enjoyed 2010 in the theatres as well.

I still probably have somewhere a copy of the book 2061: Odyssey Three that I checked out from the library of Ft Lee Virginia and forgot to take back before I left for home.

I tried to get my wife to watch it when we first got together.  Roughly 2005 or so.  She made me shut it off halfway through :/

Queshank

Help me with something: what's the point of the baby gazing at the earth at thee d of the movie?

Cleek's Law: Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 9:15am
Print Post  
MJ wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:07am:
Help me with something: what's the point of the baby gazing at the earth at thee d of the movie?

I think it was a fetus and I further think that it was symbolic of the earth being at a beginning of sorts... Just as we started with the first tool/weapon, the first discovery of an alien artifact, first crazy computer killing a bunch of human beings (sort of a prelude to Terminator...) etc...

Firsts.... they are great, aren't they?

FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #8 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 3:34pm
Print Post  

Greg

I fly a lot. And I am away from my young kids a lot. So when I'm home, I'm not going to go to a movie. I reserve my pop-culture / tv / movie time for when I'm 30,000 feet up.

Just can't justify seeing anything (except the Star Wars flicks) in a theater anymore.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 3:34pm:
I fly a lot. And I am away from my young kids a lot. So when I'm home, I'm not going to go to a movie. I reserve my pop-culture / tv / movie time for when I'm 30,000 feet up.

Just can't justify seeing anything (except the Star Wars flicks) in a theater anymore.

I guess that puts you in a mile-high club... of sorts.

FC,

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Any Black Panther fans out there?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules