Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Any Black Panther fans out there?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Any Black Panther fans out there? (Read 996 times)
JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Re: Any Black Panther fans out there?
Reply #20 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Did you also know he is the wealthiest superhero?

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - May 19th, 2018 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Welp.

I got to watch Black Panther last night.

I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed in a movie.  This movie was bad.  The first half I thought "Good grief this is just a live action cartoon."  And it had some bad CGI.  Those panthers in the trees.  What the hell were those amorphous blobs about?  But I went with it cuz ... superheroes.

Then the guy who sided with Killmonger for ... reasons? ... even tho he had the most anti Killmonger-sentiment in the movie to begin with -- jumps on a rock, blows a horn and super rhinos pour out of nowhere.

This is when I just started rolling my eyes and didn't stop for the rest of the movie.  Struggling not to turn it off by the time T'Challa and Killmonger have their sunset scene.

This movie definitely ranked in the bottom tier of superhero storytelling.  Remove the "it's a superhero movie" descriptor (because in fairness it wasn't really a superhero movie) and it's simply a B grade sci fi movie.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #22 - May 19th, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 19th, 2018 at 9:49am:
Welp.

I got to watch Black Panther last night.

I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed in a movie.  This movie was bad.  The first half I thought "Good grief this is just a live action cartoon."  And it had some bad CGI.  Those panthers in the trees.  What the hell were those amorphous blobs about?  But I went with it cuz ... superheroes.

Then the guy who sided with Killmonger for ... reasons? ... even tho he had the most anti Killmonger-sentiment in the movie to begin with -- jumps on a rock, blows a horn and super rhinos pour out of nowhere.

This is when I just started rolling my eyes and didn't stop for the rest of the movie.  Struggling not to turn it off by the time T'Challa and Killmonger have their sunset scene.

This movie definitely ranked in the bottom tier of superhero storytelling.  Remove the "it's a superhero movie" descriptor (because in fairness it wasn't really a superhero movie) and it's simply a B grade sci fi movie.

Queshank

I didn’t think it was a bad movie. It wasn’t close to being Marvel’s best efforts, but I thought it was fun. The characters are really likable, even the villain. As far as CGI goes, to my untrained eye it all looks awesome to me. (I guess i’m easy to please.)

Plus, again, I love the Black Panther.

But let’s face it, all the hype and accolades for the movie are more than a bit PC motivated. Same goes for “Wonder Woman.” It’s as if minorities felt obligated to see these films. It’s similar to Christians flocking to see faith-based films.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #23 - May 21st, 2018 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 19th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
I didn’t think it was a bad movie. It wasn’t close to being Marvel’s best efforts, but I thought it was fun. The characters are really likable, even the villain. As far as CGI goes, to my untrained eye it all looks awesome to me. (I guess i’m easy to please.)

When viewed from the lens of cheezy science fiction, you're right it wasn't bad.  I loved Flash Gordon as a kid.  I think I even saw it twice in the movie theatres circa 1980 when I was 10.  But I've never tried to pretend it was a world changing movie deserving of oscars and 100% positive reviews.

Evaluate Black Panther as a super hero movie, it's lower tier.  Not as bad as "Iron Fist" but definitely down there with Season Two of "Daredevil" and the Fantastic Four reboot attempt (which also falls completely into nonsense in the second half.)

Evaluate Black Panther as a movie on social commentary the way everyone seems to want, and it's contrived and second rate when compared to other, far superior efforts from black performers and writers.  ("Raisin in the Sun" anyone?  Still to date the best statement I've seen on the plight of black America ever created.  And /gasp written by a black WOMAN!)

Quote:
Plus, again, I love the Black Panther.

I do too. As an effort designed to appeal to kids this was okay.  But I've come to expect more from Marvel.  And deeper character development.  That's pretty much the hallmark that differentiates DC from Marvel.

Quote:
But let’s face it, all the hype and accolades for the movie are more than a bit PC motivated. Same goes for “Wonder Woman.” It’s as if minorities felt obligated to see these films. It’s similar to Christians flocking to see faith-based films.

More than a bit.  I've been reading the reviews and I'm actually astonished. I can't help but think there was a lot of "Uh oh, I can't give this a bad review or I'll be pilloried as a racist" sentiment going on.  You have to do searches for "Black Panther sucked" to find people saying "Is it okay to admit this movie was terrible?" 

The parallel you draw to Christians flocking to see faith-based films is spot on.  My wife and I watch every one we can find because they're unintentionally comedic.  "God's Not Dead" was terrible, but every evangelical I know thinks it deserves an Oscar.

Frankly I think black America should be insulted that this is being triumphed as the best blacks in America can do.  Because I sure don't think it is.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #24 - May 21st, 2018 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on May 21st, 2018 at 10:52am:
The parallel you draw to Christians flocking to see faith-based films is spot on.  My wife and I watch every one we can find because they're unintentionally comedic.  "God's Not Dead" was terrible, but every evangelical I know thinks it deserves an Oscar.

I saw it, and I thought it was pretty lame. The storyline, in my view, was just way too forced and predictable. The acting was pretty bad, too.

There are some wonderful Christian films out there (see "Woodlawn" and "I Can Only Imagine"). Clearly, I love watching them, but like with every other genre there are good ones and bad ones.

Quote:
Frankly I think black America should be insulted that this is being triumphed as the best blacks in America can do.  Because I sure don't think it is.

Queshank

I don't really consider it a "black" movie. It's more of a superhero movie. But because it stars a black protagonist and main cast, a lot of people feel obligated to see it and praise it.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #25 - May 22nd, 2018 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Feb 8th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
I confess, I was around in 1966 when the character first appeared in The Avengers.  I bought the mag and still wish I had it.  For a kid that lived in the ghetto, it was a major thrill to see THAT.  I should point out there was no "Black Panther party" at that time.  This was strictly Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.  As things go in my life, I'll be able to take my kids to see a comic hero at the same age when I first saw him.  Check it out.

Greg

That would be worth money!! All my stuff is stored at my parent house. Comics, cards and toys from the 80's. But that comic was worth more then mine, I think.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #26 - May 23rd, 2018 at 2:39am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 10:54pm:
That would be worth money!! All my stuff is stored at my parent house. Comics, cards and toys from the 80's. But that comic was worth more then mine, I think.

The Black Panther’s first appearance was.in Fantastic Four.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEntertainment Board › Any Black Panther fans out there?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules