Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › New policy change in Baltimore could make police officers financially responsible
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New policy change in Baltimore could make police officers financially responsible (Read 656 times)
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: New policy change in Baltimore could make police officers financially responsible
Reply #20 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
I don’t believe in civil suits for criminal offenses. For example, I thought it was a travesty for the Golddiggers to be able to sue OJ Simpson after he was found not guilty in criminal court.

Of course you know I disagree. I see big problems for this approach.

For one you would be cutting people off from the legal system this way with no ability to seek remedy for damages if the state doesn't want to try the case.

As you know DA's are very political. They are elected to a political position and politics largely determines what is to be done.

Under your proposal justice would be denied to those communities who were not tied in politically with the ruling class.

Also it would do away with victim restitution and remedy. For the criminal justice system does not care about making the victim whole. The fines go to the state. Where as the civil process is focused on the victim.

What you propose is for the state to completely take over the legal system and that would be the end of justice.

Quote:
If a cop is found guilty of a criminal charge, he should be punished accordingly. He should either serve prison time or be executed.

That's a giant *if*.

And I have another giant if to match it.

If the criminal justice system held cops accountable and punished them accordingly, this wouldn't be a problem.

But as it stands, that system has been politicized and that should come as a surprise to no one.

Quote:
No way should this turn into senseless moneygrabs. The typical street hoodlum BLMer is already sketchy enough. Give them this opening and you’ll see arrests skyrocket, with these lowlifes holding their grubby hands out.

I'm not sure what opening you are referring to. This new policy does not make it any easier to win judgements against the police. There is no new opening that did not exist prior.

What is new about this policy is that the officers now face individual responsibility for their actions. They can no longer externalize this responsibility to the taxpayer.

And as a conservative I would have thought you would be all for something which increases personal responsibility.

Quote:
The only way I would agree to this is if the accused against the officer loses his case, he would be put to death. That might separate the real abuse from the fraudulent claims.

That's crazy talk. Why not just make them liable for the officers legal fees?
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:52pm by TowardLiberty »  

2017 ECONOMIST OF THE YEAR, SHOOTERMAN POSTER OF THE YEAR & LNF ALL-STAR TEAM MEMBER

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: New policy change in Baltimore could make police officers financially responsible
Reply #21 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:06pm:
THEN why does Congress, Governor and the City Council Members need liability?  WHY do you need car and house insurance?

I don't understand what you are asking.

Anyone who puts others at risk for injury should carry liability insurance.

Lawyers and doctors should. So should plumbers and electricians. And so should the police.

2017 ECONOMIST OF THE YEAR, SHOOTERMAN POSTER OF THE YEAR & LNF ALL-STAR TEAM MEMBER

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #22 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:14pm:
That's crazy talk. Why not just make them liable for the officers legal fees?

And if the po thug can’t pay the legal fees?

There needs to be retribution for making false claims. Money means nothing for street trash (you can’t lose what you don’t have). I can think of no better retribution than paying with their own lives. That would drastically curb fake lawsuits.

Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:23am: "I think a #16 seed will upset a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament."

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #23 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:38pm:
And if the po thug can’t pay the legal fees?

He can be put on a payment plan...

Quote:
There needs to be retribution for making false claims. Money means nothing for street trash (you can’t lose what you don’t have). I can think of no better retribution than paying with their own lives. That would drastically curb fake lawsuits.

Would you apply the same penalty to the police if a jury acquits someone? The arresting officer now has to die?

And how do you know for sure that the claims are false? Don't courts and juries get things wrong?

Do we really want to live in a society with such little regard for human life?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #24 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:47pm:
He can be put on a payment plan...

Oh, please. Like that’s going to work.

Quote:
Would you apply the same penalty to the police if a jury acquits someone? The arresting officer now has to die?

Nope. Mistakes happen. There’s a big difference between a mistake and fraud. But if you want to use your “cop plants gun and drugs” scenario, then yes, the death penalty is warranted.

Quote:
Do we really want to live in a society with such little regard for human life?

Not everyone deserves to live.

Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:23am: "I think a #16 seed will upset a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament."

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #25 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 6:54pm:
Oh, please. Like that’s going to work.

There is also the lien process.

Quote:
Nope. Mistakes happen. There’s a big difference between a mistake and fraud. But if you want to use your “cop plants gun and drugs” scenario, then yes, the death penalty is warranted.

I don't think so.

No one deserves to die for planting contraband. Punishment has to be commensurate.

Quote:
Not everyone deserves to live.

Maybe they don't- that's debatable. But a society that doesn't respect life won't be suitable for those who do deserve to live.

A world where life is cheap is no place to live unless you're idea of living is suffering.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #26 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:02pm:
Punishment has to be commensurate.

Why? Do you support a John Kerry’s assertion that all military retaliations need to be proportional?I think that’s weak.

Quote:
Maybe they don't- that's debatable. But a society that doesn't respect life won't be suitable for those who do deserve to live.

A world where life is cheap is no place to live unless you're idea of living is suffering.

I think allowing scum to live is disrespecting the lives of the rest of us.

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #27 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
I don’t believe in civil suits for criminal offenses. For example, I thought it was a travesty for the Golddiggers to be able to sue OJ Simpson after he was found not guilty in criminal court.

If a cop is found guilty of a criminal charge, he should be punished accordingly. He should either serve prison time or be executed.

No way should this turn into senseless moneygrabs. The typical street hoodlum BLMer is already sketchy enough. Give them this opening and you’ll see arrests skyrocket, with these lowlifes holding their grubby hands out.

The only way I would agree to this is if the accused against the officer loses his case, he would be put to death. That might separate the real abuse from the fraudulent claims.

So you don't believe in victim restitution then?

That the victim of a crime should be compensated somehow from the person convicted of the crime?

Deny, Ignore, Evade, Distract, Place Blame Elsewhere!  Must defend the Trump Messiah!

But, but, but....but Hillary, but Lynch, but Obama, but Boosh, but Clinton!

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #28 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:33pm:
So you don't believe in victim restitution then?

That the victim of a crime should be compensated somehow from the person convicted of the crime?

I support restitution when merited, such as fraud or financial damages, or when a criminal party has been found guilty.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #29 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 7:18pm:
Why? Do you support a John Kerry’s assertion that all military retaliations need to be proportional?I think that’s weak.

If punishment is not comensurate there is nothing to distinguish justice from crime.

In my mind, that's weak.

Quote:
I think allowing scum to live is disrespecting the lives of the rest of us.

The problem is you have lowered the bar so low in what constitutes scum that no one would deserve to live, not even yourself!
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2018 at 4:11pm by TowardLiberty »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › New policy change in Baltimore could make police officers financially responsible

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules